Sign in to follow this  
TheBossMan

Would u rather have D Cook & R Woods or Ty Hill & K Johnson

Which pair of WRandRB would u rather have?  

Delvin Cook & Robert Woods or Ty Hill & Kerryon Johnson

Im worried about the injury history of Cook but also about T Hill getting suspended for something else...he has shown a trend of issues every so often way back to his time in College.

I'll take Cook & Woods.  Woods is a tad overrated in my book, however, Kupp is coming off an injury and I do not expect Gurley to catch as many passes this season.  I can see his numbers either being equal to last season, or slightly improved.  Cook is one of my favorite RB's and people have been sleeping on him in a big way.  Cook is finally healthy, in a great system that is built for him and has a better line this season. 

Hill is a nice WR to have, but I am not a Kerryon Johnson fan.  Not at all.  I think CJ will steal some carries from him and I'm not a fan of the Detroit offensive line.  They do have two TE's that can block, but Johnson didn't make me think he was anything special last season.  Not at all. 

I disagree, its Tyreek and Keryon easy for me. Hill was the top WR in my league last season, Mahomes is his QB, Andy Reid is his coach. Woods has to split work with 2 receivers just as good if not better than him. Cook is better than Kerryon, but is more risky. This one isn't close...

• Like 1

I love Dalvin Cook, but not Robert Woods.  I like both Tyreek Hill and Kerryon Johnson quite a bit so I'll go with that group.

13 hours ago, Gepetto said:

I love Dalvin Cook, but not Robert Woods.  I like both Tyreek Hill and Kerryon Johnson quite a bit so I'll go with that group.

Why not Robert Woods, just curious as he was money last year.  His ADP was really low prior to the season and the guy put up great numbers.  They obviously didn't compare to Hill, but they were absolutely solid numbers. 

Kerryon, in my personal opinion, is going to be a very average running back.  I can't say why I don't like him.  Maybe it's his name?  It has to be something.  It's one of those deals where it must be something other than his actual ability.  I have nothing bad to say about him other than I think he's just a "blah" running back.  Maybe it's his hair.  I don't know, but I'm biased against him for some reason and have no reasoning for it. 

Cooper Kupp got hurt fairly early in the season, and Woods thrived in his absence. Now Kupp is back and there are three or four mouths to feed in LA, while Hill is the primary outside option with arguably the league's best QB. I don't know how talented K. Johnson really is, certainly not as explosive as D. Cook, however Detroit wants to be a running team and they just got rid of Riddick. kerryon looks like he's the bell cow there for better or worse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Cooper Kupp got hurt fairly early in the season, and Woods thrived in his absence. Now Kupp is back and there are three or four mouths to feed in LA, while Hill is the primary outside option with arguably the league's best QB. I don't know how talented K. Johnson really is, certainly not as explosive as D. Cook, however Detroit wants to be a running team and they just got rid of Riddick. kerryon looks like he's the bell cow there for better or worse.

He was injured in week 10, but was putting up absolutely monster numbers prior.  I'm trying to buy low on him, but can't find anyone selling.  lol

22 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

He was injured in week 10, but was putting up absolutely monster numbers prior.  I'm trying to buy low on him, but can't find anyone selling.  lol

It depends what you mean by "Low". On FFC Woods is WR 17 and 43rd overall on their PPR ADP page. You would have to give similar value to make someone pay attention.

3 minutes ago, jrokh said:

It depends what you mean by "Low". On FFC Woods is WR 17 and 43rd overall on their PPR ADP page. You would have to give similar value to make someone pay attention.

Oh, I meant I was trying to by Kupp low.  He was the one having the monster season prior to his injury.  I should have clarified.  Sometimes and owner will give up on a guy coming back from an injury and I'll try to get them low in one of my dynasty leagues. 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Why not Robert Woods, just curious as he was money last year.  His ADP was really low prior to the season and the guy put up great numbers.  They obviously didn't compare to Hill, but they were absolutely solid numbers. 

Kerryon, in my personal opinion, is going to be a very average running back.  I can't say why I don't like him.  Maybe it's his name?  It has to be something.  It's one of those deals where it must be something other than his actual ability.  I have nothing bad to say about him other than I think he's just a "blah" running back.  Maybe it's his hair.  I don't know, but I'm biased against him for some reason and have no reasoning for it. 

I don't really know.  Probably because Woods isn't tall and fast and athletic like a Julio Jones.  His stats are there though so may be I should be considering him as a viable WR2.

59 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I don't really know.  Probably because Woods isn't tall and fast and athletic like a Julio Jones.  His stats are there though so may be I should be considering him as a viable WR2.

Nah, he may regress a bit this year with a healthy Kupp coming back.  Then again, I think their passing game will see an uptick in the short game.  Losing two very good linemen is going to hurt and Whitworth is the oldest LT in the league.  He's bound to start slowing down at some point.  I didn't help you at all with this comment, but there really are two sides to consider when looking at Woods this season.  Only one will be correct.  I only took the other side because I like Cook quite a bit, but in all honesty, I didn't own Hill last season in any leagues and didn't know he had as many TD's as he did.  I suspect that was a career season and his stats will go down in the TD department by a bit, but his numbers were much higher than I had thought in terms of receiving yards. 

23 hours ago, jrokh said:

I disagree, its Tyreek and Keryon easy for me. Hill was the top WR in my league last season, Mahomes is his QB, Andy Reid is his coach. Woods has to split work with 2 receivers just as good if not better than him. Cook is better than Kerryon, but is more risky. This one isn't close...

its less than two points total projected on avg across all sites between the two pairs. if thats not even close then i can only imagine how smooth your nuts are.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, unclemercy said:

its less than two points total projected on avg across all sites between the two pairs. if thats not even close then i can only imagine how smooth your nuts are.

in .5 ppr (splitting the difference) on FFCalc ADP: T. Hill is WR-6, Woods is WR-16

D. Cook is RB 9, K. Johnson is 14.  Hill/Johnson +5. If you want to split hairs and argue that not even close was a tad hyperbolic, fine, I will amend. The Hill/Johnson combo is clearly better than the Cook/Woods combo. I really hope this satisfies your delicate sensibilities...

25 minutes ago, jrokh said:

in .5 ppr (splitting the difference) on FFCalc ADP: T. Hill is WR-6, Woods is WR-16

D. Cook is RB 9, K. Johnson is 14.  Hill/Johnson +5. If you want to split hairs and argue that not even close was a tad hyperbolic, fine, I will amend. The Hill/Johnson combo is clearly better than the Cook/Woods combo. I really hope this satisfies your delicate sensibilities...

Cool story Hansel....

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

Cool story Hansel....

eh, not the worst comeback, but far from the best. C- for effort.

15 hours ago, jrokh said:

eh, not the worst comeback, but far from the best. C- for effort.

It's ok to give it an F.  I don't know who Hansel is.....

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

It's ok to give it an F.  I don't know who Hansel is.....

I figured as much. If you did the appropriate response is: thanks Olaf...