Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

James White and game script

Last week didn’t do much but played a terrible team. Stands to reason he won’t get many touches or looks in the passing game when a blowout is happening. This week they get the Jets. Would u still roll the dice with him in ppr? My other options are:

robbie Anderson- 3rd string qb and stingy pats d but will play from behind 

Curtis Samuel- bad ari defense and backup qb, but came alive last week and can this qb be more inaccurate than cam right now? Also 3rd option after Moore/olsen

carlos Hyde- getting the touches but doesn’t catch passes and isn’t getting scoring opportunities   90 yards is only 9 points lol  

oj howard- ugh. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

As much as I think Carlos Hyde is due for 100 and at least one TD against the Chargers (who let Marlon Mack run wild in Week 1), Curtis Samuel is probably a safer option in PPR scoring.  He was targeted 13 times in Week 2, but Cam's throws were so bad he was only able to catch 5.  If he gets double-digit targets against Arizona, that could easily turn into 20+ fantasy points.

Hyde

It’s all pretty scary. I say Samuel.

The pats change their game plan without warning or clear pattern. Now, they just cut a wr they went out of their way to heavily use in last week’s televised practice vs Miami. On a Friday.

The knock on Robby  is that he’s small in stature and doesn’t do great against press and/or bracket coverage. And yeah, 3rd string qb vs the Pats...I’m not into that at all.

And Samuel...lots of yac potential but who knows how much they will or won’t trust the temporary qb. It is tough to go by last week because Cam got hurt early and the offense didn’t adjust for it. That led to an inflated number of (bad) pass attempts and thus ‘targets’ for Samuel. But all targets aren’t the same. We know this for sure by watching what it looks like when Trubisky ‘targets’ someone vs Brady, Brees, or even Ben when things are clicking.

Cant start OJ until he does something of note.

Hyde? I’m scurred there too. But a pooch Td could Febreze the hell out of a 19 for 63 line.

If you need a boom, go Samuel and hope for a long one. If you just need 7 points, Hyde.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jimaveli said:

And Samuel...lots of yac potential but who knows how much they will or won’t trust the temporary qb.

When Kyle Allen started for Cam in Week 17 of 2018 (against the Saints), Curtis Samuel caught 2 of 4 targets for 72 yards and a TD.

2 hours ago, jimaveli said:

Hyde? I’m scurred there too. But a pooch Td could Febreze the hell out of a 19 for 63 line.

Based on his current yards-per-carry average with Houston (5.8), a 19 for 63 line seems highly unlikely.  If Hyde gets 19 carries, he should be expected to gain 110 yards--but then like I said in my first reply, the Chargers also let Marlon Mack run free in Week 1, so the potential is even greater--and I'm kinda feeling that "pooch TD" too.

It's only because Samuel is playing against the matador defense of the Cardinals that I tentatively cling to him as my starter here.

Agree with the Hyde assessment, but the one thing that would scare me is I feel he’s quite game-script dependent. The Texans haven’t really been behind (albeit very briefly against the Saints), and if the Chargers start hot they could turn to Duke a lot more.

Think it’s going to be a close game, I don’t see it being a come from behind shoot out. 

Hyde is right now the play based on the op question.