Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Bengals at Steelers: In-Game Discussion

Yeah well JuJu is worthless at this point.  It’s all BS plays.  Worked tonight... won’t against better teams.  Besides that one throw to Johnson... Rudolph can’t Throw the ball past 5 yards.  At least half of his completions were shovel passes. 

this blows...

• Like 1

This is focking torture!  

All I’ve needed is 3 more goddamned points from JuJu in the 2nd half, and I’m not gonna get em. 

Sh!t!

I don't get why Dalton is still playing.  You're down 24 with 5:30 minutes left.  Throw Lindsey in there and see if he can provide a spark.

21 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Joe Tess is fantastic. Booger can go away forever. They just haven’t been able to replace Gruden since he left.

OK, yea that's the guy (Booger) I didn't like.

33 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

You just did that yesterday.

I did not.  Deleting irrelevant parts of a quote is not the same as changing what was quoted--that's just juvenile.

They should let me interview the broadcasters.  Easiest interview ever.  Just come over to my house and watch a couple of games with me.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

I don't get why Dalton is still playing.  You're down 24 with 5:30 minutes left.  Throw Lindsey in there and see if he can provide a spark.

Thank you I was wondering who the backup is. Dalton is useless. He holds the ball forever and never ever ever checks down to the open Joe Mixon. Get the ball into the hands of your best playmaker in space. 

The new coach might be on the hot seat if he keeps sticking with Dalton.

so, Steeler fan perspective: 

1. First off, Fictner/Tomlin called a great game.  This exactly what the Steelers did 16 yrs ago with Ben (minus the Wildcat direct snap to the RB crap).  Dumb down the playbook, let your rookie (or in this case 2nd year but very green QB) build some confidence, rely on the run game and defense.
  2. WR's for the Steelers are going to be useless except for a play or two each game until they are confident in Rudolph.  
  3. The Steelers line sucks at run blocking, but the Cincy defensive line had a little something to do with that.  Hard to tell in the passing game because they didn't let Rudolph hold the ball much.  
  4. When the Steelers defense isn't on the field for 35-40 minutes per game they are flat out nasty.  Still adjusting to scheme and lack of offense, but these guys are solid top to bottom and should not be judged by results thus far.  3 difficult matchups vs teams that are 10-1 combined isn't a fair indicator of talent.  
  5. Samuels is flat out a weapon they need use more.  Guy can run, catch and obviously run the wildcat.  Connor owners should get him asap.  
  6. Vannett and Fitzpatrick were both good pickups.  Fitz solidified the back end of the defense.  Vannett stepped in with a week worth of practice and caught a couple of balls but mads some great blocks.  
  7. Mason Rudolph has a chance.  His arm is better than I thought and he's not afraid of the moment.  He's living in the scheme they set for him and making the right throws.  I don't care if you only pass for 20 yrds, 17 of 18 at one point and 24 of 34 overall is outstanding work for a guy no one pegged to be there.  

For Cincy:

1. Offensive line might be the worst in football.  
  2. Sell Joe Mixon for whatever you can.
  3. AJ Green is fools gold (said the AJ owner in multiple leagues).  Andy Dalton can't get the ball to him if he's on his back, which he was EIGHT times this game.
  4. Their defense has a good front 4/5, but their linebackers are weak.  It's hard to tell what the secondary is capable of since the Steelers rarely tested it.
  5. Boyd and Ross III are irrelevant against teams that can pressure.  

All I can think of right now in my drunken stupor...

6 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Freudian slip, or you really don't know how to spell "board"?

You must be new here...

35 minutes ago, jgcrawfish said:

You must be new here...

Or I'm just an educator of the nomenclature.