Sign in to follow this  
sderk

What is the point of ESPN reporting like this?

WTF? I knew they were hard left, but why this?

William Weinbaum ESPN 

In a Seton Hall Sports Poll conducted 10/21-23, respondents gave a 64% approval rating to MLB umpiring, with 3% saying it's terrible (33% didn't know/had no opinion). The results were almost identical among those who identified as Democrats & Republicans. As for NFL officiating, 48% said it is good & 27% said it's terrible.

I don't know what's more alarming -

that they stupidly added politics to the story...................or that 48% people think NFL officiating is good. :huh: 

4 minutes ago, sderk said:

WTF??? I knew they were hard left, but why this?

Yeah.  How dare they forget about the green party and the libertarians!!!!

13 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yeah.  How dare they forget about the green party and the libertarians!!!!

Well, I was more thinking about the whigs...but....whatever. :dunno:

32 minutes ago, sderk said:

Well, I was more thinking about the whigs...but....whatever. :dunno:

I am eager to hear about the Anti-Federalists....those are my boys.....:headbanger:

3 hours ago, RLLD said:

I am eager to hear about the Anti-Federalists....those are my boys.....:headbanger:

Maybe scott van pelt can comment on that.

Perhaps they are trying to make some kind of point about kaepernick and all that affecting views on officiating. 

Thats the only way I can see it being relevant. 

I find it odd that they call themselves the entertainment AND sports network.

Entertainment and sports are synonymous, and then on top of it all, they often times throw in political commentary.

It's why I don't watch or listen to, ESPN programming anymore.  It's a real shame, but I have to say, no ESPN in my life is not a bad thing.

9 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It's why I don't watch or listen to, ESPN programming anymore.  It's a real shame, but I have to say, no ESPN in my life is not a bad thing.

Me too pretty much. I only use them for their website for scores for the most part. I haven't tuned into ESPN on TV or radio for quite a long time. There is no missing it. For my sports fix, it's fantasy sports radio during NFL season, Mad Dog radio, and NFL radio all year. Other than that in my car it's sometimes music and  sometimes some politics to laugh at what the left is whining about now.

11 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Same.  I shun it for the most part.  Sports is meant to be entertainment and a distraction, the infusion of socio-politcal elements makes it less.

10 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I listen to Will Cain. Nobody else. I haven't watched sportscenter in years. Website is good 

11 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'll watch college basketball and I used to watch NFL Live until they added that black chick who I just can't stand, not because she's black but because she wears a negligee, has prostitute nails and is annoying as all hell.

16 hours ago, fandandy said:

I'll watch college basketball and I used to watch NFL Live until they added that black chick who I just can't stand, not because she's black but because she wears a negligee, has prostitute nails and is annoying as all hell.

Sounds like most black chicks in general.