Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Dog Fighting, etc.

I have to look away from the TV screen while a story showing footage from a dog fight is showing. IT IS HORRIBLE!

Micheal Vick was given a heavenly pass when allowed to come back and play football after his compound of dog torture was found. 

My question: what is it that attracts people to dog fighting? Is there something going on inside of people that makes them enjoy dog fighting or seeing pain? 

I know some of you are hunters. I can't stand seeing animals shot and killed.

What is it?? Do you feel pleasure or satisfaction? People who shoot elephants and lions.... Why? What gratification is there? 

I wonder if it's something to do with testosterone? 

Dog fighting does seem to be more prevalent in the black community. Like cawk fighting is more prevalent in the hispanic community. 

I think it's a combo of low IQ meets machismo. Stupid people think it's cool and macho to make/watch animals fight. 

Personally, I think everyone involved should die a slow, excruciatingly painful death. Preferably by being torn apart by the very animals they made fight. 

Why do we watch boxing matches, fires, etc?  Morbid curiosity mostly.

Dog fighting is much more savage to be sure but what turns one person's stomach might thrill someone else.

It is funny that a black person from Atlanta is asking a bunch of white boys about dog fighting.  peenie if you ask me it's about control. Fighting dogs is the only control any of these guys can have. No education. No job. No home of their own. Vick himself was no different than any street thug. He just had better genes.

Dog fighting should be punishable by death. Michael Vick and any other thug involved in dog fighting deserves to die. 

• Like 1

I was born and raised in NJ. I knew nothing of dog fighting. BUT there were lots of pit bulls owned by guys in my neighborhood. 

I may have shared this story: I had kittens and the boys (around 17 years old) next door asked if they could have one. Another older male neighbor, who rarely spoke to me, told me not to give them a kitten. He said they'll use it as a way to train their dog to be vicious. He said they would make the dog immediately kill the kitten.

I  didn't give them a kitten, of course.

My night was ruined thinking about the dogs that were punished because they had lost their fight at Vick's compound. They were drowned, hung or electrocuted. 

I don't like boxing either but I can stand to watch it. I don't like the kicking boxing where they bleed and are in those metal cages. 

• Like 1

I agree Peenie.  People that do that to animals have no value imo.  I still hate Vick more than any other player that has played any sport.  He paid his debt blah blah but anyone who ever thought something like that was ok to do is a POS in my book.  I am from PA but live in S. GA and from what I hear lot's of white rednecks participate in it too so it is not a racial thing as far as I know.

30 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Dog fighting should be punishable by death. Michael Vick and any other thug involved in dog fighting deserves to die. 

I never cheered when any player got injured on the field before but I always rooted for him to get what he gave when he came back to the NFL

• Like 1

Same mentality as the Romans who gathered to watch gladiators fight.  Most, but not all humans have evolved beyond being so bloodthirsty.

10 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

It’s a black thang.  Aks your peeps bout it.

:lol:

I always use ax (or axe sometimes), but yours is quality as well...