Sign in to follow this  
Bier Meister

Warren Miller: Timeless

Went to a local showing last night.  Among others, they hit 3 of my top five bucket list ski areas: Zermatt, The Alrberg, and Chamonix.

When I was cooking, I would get home around 1-2a and still be awake.  Sit down and watch Warren Miller and surf films to help relax.  

Very inspiring.  Can't wait to hit the slopes.

43 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Went to a local showing last night.  Among others, they hit 3 of my top five bucket list ski areas: Zermatt, The Alrberg, and Chamonix.

When I was cooking, I would get home around 1-2a and still be awake.  Sit down and watch Warren Miller and surf films to help relax.  

Very inspiring.  Can't wait to hit the slopes.

We missed a local showing here due to kid commitments.  Hopefully we'll be able to catch another one soon.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I need to change my name, i am  no longer a skibum.

:shocking:

:thumbsdown:

17 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I need to change my name, i am  no longer a skibum.

WannabeMTSkiBum?

Ivegotthepolewhosgotthehole?

4 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

WannabeMTSkiBum?

Ivegotthepolewhosgotthehole?

Not either of those.

At age 55, I went skiing for the first time in my life last year.  

I spent a lot of time on the ground, especially at the end of each run when trying to stop. 

My wife just convinced me to sign the whole family up for the local ski club.  8 different trips from mid Dec thru Feb. 

God have mercy on my soul. 

• Like 3

These days I am a big fan of half day on the hill/half day in the hot tub/bar

• Like 2

I go hard from 9-1 or so... then lunch... then take it a little easier until we pick the kid up from ski school at 3:30.  Not sure how many more years I have in me at that pace!

• Like 1

Grew up on WM films.   Still go and will to this one.   But I have to say they have become a bit repetitive which is hard to do when you are filming ppl charging down snowy mountain slopes.    But at a certain point anything can become repetitive.

On a related/unrelated note:  pour one out for Jake Burton - RIP.    I'm a skier with no interest in boarding but I respect boarding skills.    I also respect that the introduction of the snowboard came at a time when interest and participation was lagging and that change really reinvigorated the sport and drove renewed interest and innovation in skiing.    I still hate snowboarders and want to buy all of them belts to help them keep their pants up.     But Jake was a great story who did a lot for the sport.

AND MOST IMPORTANT:    He looked like a plumber, was at best an "average" looking guy.   And he nailed one of the hottest chicks I have ever seen in my life.    One of my dad's college best friends went on to be an investor/owner of a hotel near a major ski area.   So he used to hook us up with rooms and lift tix.  Our families got to know each other over many years.    His oldest daughter was Christie Brinkley in her prime level hot, maybe more so.    The loser 15 yr old version of me (still a loser, just not 15 anymore) could barely stand in the same room as her because all I could do was stare and mumble.    Blond, beautiful, and her body was just - wow.  They had a pool at the hotel so I got treated to the swimsuit version too.   She was smart and she could destroy any black diamond run on any mountain.   She was about 3-4 yrs older than me.   A few years later after Burton had "made it big" with his snow boards I heard thru the family grapevine that she and Jake had "dated for a little while".    I think we all know what that means.    So the stoner from upstate NY who made snow boards in a garage in VT and looked like the guy who delivered your mail this morning - built something that eventually resulted in him getting it from one of the hottest chicks I have ever seen.    She never would have even looked at him twice if he wasn't "Burton Snowboards" Jake.    If that's not a reason to pour one out for the man out of respect for his accomplishments - then I don't know what is.   

• Like 1

what is the first thing a snowboarder says?

'sorry dude'

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, taco breath said:

what is the first thing a snowboarder says?

'sorry dude'

what's the hardest part of being a snowboarder?

telling your parents you're ghey

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

what's the hardest part of being a snowboarder?

telling your parents you're ghey

what's the difference between a snowboarder and a vacuum cleaner?

how you attach the dirt bag.

• Like 1

What do you say to a snowboarder who is wearing a jacket and tie?

"Will the defendant please rise"  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Masshole said:

Grew up on WM films.   Still go and will to this one.   But I have to say they have become a bit repetitive which is hard to do when you are filming ppl charging down snowy mountain slopes.    But at a certain point anything can become repetitive.

On a related/unrelated note:  pour one out for Jake Burton - RIP.    I'm a skier with no interest in boarding but I respect boarding skills.    I also respect that the introduction of the snowboard came at a time when interest and participation was lagging and that change really reinvigorated the sport and drove renewed interest and innovation in skiing.    I still hate snowboarders and want to buy all of them belts to help them keep their pants up.     But Jake was a great story who did a lot for the sport.

AND MOST IMPORTANT:    He looked like a plumber, was at best an "average" looking guy.   And he nailed one of the hottest chicks I have ever seen in my life.    One of my dad's college best friends went on to be an investor/owner of a hotel near a major ski area.   So he used to hook us up with rooms and lift tix.  Our families got to know each other over many years.    His oldest daughter was Christie Brinkley in her prime level hot, maybe more so.    The loser 15 yr old version of me (still a loser, just not 15 anymore) could barely stand in the same room as her because all I could do was stare and mumble.    Blond, beautiful, and her body was just - wow.  They had a pool at the hotel so I got treated to the swimsuit version too.   She was smart and she could destroy any black diamond run on any mountain.   She was about 3-4 yrs older than me.   A few years later after Burton had "made it big" with his snow boards I heard thru the family grapevine that she and Jake had "dated for a little while".    I think we all know what that means.    So the stoner from upstate NY who made snow boards in a garage in VT and looked like the guy who delivered your mail this morning - built something that eventually resulted in him getting it from one of the hottest chicks I have ever seen.    She never would have even looked at him twice if he wasn't "Burton Snowboards" Jake.    If that's not a reason to pour one out for the man out of respect for his accomplishments - then I don't know what is.   

My middle name is Stowe

How does a snowboarder greet you on the slopes?

"Oh, sorry dude.   I didn't even see you"