Sign in to follow this  
RoadLizard

Who else would love to see Brady play elsewhere???

12 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, that revolving door of WR's had NOTHING to do with it right?  I'm guessing if we're using this logic, you're not drafting Aaron Rodgers as a QB1 either?  After all, his QBR was 50.4.

Interestingly, the QB3 last year was Winston... did you notice his QBR?  If not, it's funny, because it's exactly the same as Brady's... 53.7.  Weird, huh?  I know.

Overzealous Bucs fan Exhibit A....

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If someone is going to give me a top 10 fantasy QB in the 10th round, I'm in.

Then fantasy football is for you, since there are two or three top 10 fantasy QBs available in the double-digit rounds every year.

The trick is figuring out who they are, or at least listening to Axe Elf when he tells you who they are.

18 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Then fantasy football is for you, since there are two or three top 10 fantasy QBs available in the double-digit rounds every year.

The trick is figuring out who they are, or at least listening to Axe Elf when he tells you who they are.

I usually take QB's after I've finished targeting the RB's, WR's, and TE's I want.  The round varies year to year.  I usually end up with an 8 to 12 QB.  Good enough for me.  Occasionally I sneak in a top 5.  I won championships last year thanks to people like Jrokh who think that bad QB's can't be good fantasy QB's.  I got Winston in the 12th round last year in 3 different drafts.

22 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I think his chances of winning a superbowl there are not that bad.

Tampa finished 7-9 with a QB who threw 30 interceptions.

5 of their 9 losses were by 7 points or less.

I think with Brady at the helm, they win 4 of those 5 close games and finish 11-5.

Here's my main counterpoint on the Brady/Tampa Super Bowl love: deep threats. In 2019 Tampa had multiple deep threats and 3 WRs in the Top 24 on yards per target - Godwin (#4 with 11.0), Evans (#16 with 9.8), and Perriman (#24 with 9.3). In 2019 outside of a few random 'who are these guys?', the Pats WRs averaged anywhere between 7.2 to 7.5. Total product of the QB.

Brady had 6.6 yds/att and 10.9 yds/catch while Winston was 8.2 and 13.4, respectively. Brady had 6.0 completed air yards/completion (#15) while Winston had 8.6 (#1). They both had 20.6% bad throw percentage (Tied for third worst).

I can't find length of TD stats but I can guarantee the Bucs WRs scored on at least 2 times more long TDs than the Pats. Long story short: Brady has lost his inability to throw the accurate long ball, which is EXACTLY what the Bucs speedster WRs excel at. Proceed with caution.

37 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I usually take QB's after I've finished targeting the RB's, WR's, and TE's I want.  The round varies year to year.  I usually end up with an 8 to 12 QB.  Good enough for me.  Occasionally I sneak in a top 5.  I won championships last year thanks to people like Jrokh who think that bad QB's can't be good fantasy QB's.  I got Winston in the 12th round last year in 3 different drafts.

Wow that's amazing! Congrats on all your success. It's surely a coincidence that 99% of the posters here usually win championships. I too have a lot of success. Mostly because of people like super fan TB 12 overate the players on the team they root for. The best thing about Brady in Tampa is it will be an easy transition to the retirement community...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Wow that's amazing! Congrats on all your success. It's surely a coincidence that 99% of the posters here usually win championships. I too have a lot of success. Mostly because of people like super fan TB 12 overate the players on the team they root for. The best thing about Brady in Tampa is it will be an easy transition to the retirement community...

Notice, I didn't say I won every league I was in.  Reading comprehension helps.  But, because you don't read so well, I'll actually give you more details.  I was in 8 leagues, I won 3.  I missed the playoffs in 3, and in the other 2, I finished 2nd and 4th.  In all 3 that I won, I got Winston late.  I got Winston late in some of the other leagues too.  The only other Buccaneer I had was Godwin and I had him on 3 of my teams... a championship team, the 4th place team, and a team that didn't make the playoffs.  

Just as a note, I noticed earlier that your reading comprehension wasn't so good when I basically gave you a smack down on the Bucs cornerbacks and secondary and defense as whole earlier, and you chose not to acknowledge.  I realized that you didn't understand anything that didn't involve a box score.

1 hour ago, rotisserieking said:

Here's my main counterpoint on the Brady/Tampa Super Bowl love: deep threats. In 2019 Tampa had multiple deep threats and 3 WRs in the Top 24 on yards per target - Godwin (#4 with 11.0), Evans (#16 with 9.8), and Perriman (#24 with 9.3). In 2019 outside of a few random 'who are these guys?', the Pats WRs averaged anywhere between 7.2 to 7.5. Total product of the QB.

Brady had 6.6 yds/att and 10.9 yds/catch while Winston was 8.2 and 13.4, respectively. Brady had 6.0 completed air yards/completion (#15) while Winston had 8.6 (#1). They both had 20.6% bad throw percentage (Tied for third worst).

I can't find length of TD stats but I can guarantee the Bucs WRs scored on at least 2 times more long TDs than the Pats. Long story short: Brady has lost his inability to throw the accurate long ball, which is EXACTLY what the Bucs speedster WRs excel at. Proceed with caution.

Howard we’ll be the one that gains the most from Brady being brought aboard.  

This entire subject has been covered even before Brady was a Buc   

Thanks  

2 hours ago, rotisserieking said:

2019... TD's over 20 yards / over 30 yards:

• Tampa had 14 / 6
  • New England had 11 / 3

2018... TD's over 20 yards / over 30 yards:

• Tampa had 12 / 10
  • New England 11 / 9

So, not quite double.

Also, Tampa doesn't have "speedster WRs", they have big/strong receivers who are athletic and can run after the catch... something that Brady is great at working with.  Perriman didn't really play until Evan got hurt, but he had 3 TD's that were over 20 yards (one was 24 and the other two were 25 yards).  In 2018, DeSean Jackson was the speed guy, and Winston almost never connected with him.  Jackson caught 4 TD's over 30 yards, 3 from Fitzpatrick.  So, it's not like Winston was able to really utilize the fast WR's.