Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

The Expanse...show on prime

Awful show.  None of the characters are likable. They are all total pieces of sheet with no redeeming qualities.   Its a show where you want the torpedo to win and blow up their ship to put them out of their misery.  I dunno about you but I have to deal with unlikable people in daily life so when I want to watch a TV show, I kinda wanna get away from that?  It really causes all the tension and drama to fail because every time a main character finds themselves in danger, you want them to die and are disappointed when they dont.  Character set up as heroes are people you want to see get smacked down.

4 hours ago, riversco said:

Awful show.  None of the characters are likable. They are all total pieces of sheet with no redeeming qualities.   Its a show where you want the torpedo to win and blow up their ship to put them out of their misery.  I dunno about you but I have to deal with unlikable people in daily life so when I want to watch a TV show, I kinda wanna get away from that?  It really causes all the tension and drama to fail because every time a main character finds themselves in danger, you want them to die and are disappointed when they dont.  Character set up as heroes are people you want to see get smacked down.

So your saying its a realistic show because you dislike these people as much as the people you deal with on a daily basis??

How much have you actually watched?  Im guessing not much.

I also said it was "intelligent sci fi" so that may not be for you.

• Like 1

Son recommended the show to me and my wife.  We watched the first episode and liked it.  Need to wrap up some other shows first.  My son said it gets even better in the 2nd season, is that your feeling as well? 

I tried it but bailed in the fourth episode I think. Have heard it gets better but I'm not a fan of the genre generally... Maybe I'll give it another go sometime.

54 minutes ago, DonS said:

Son recommended the show to me and my wife.  We watched the first episode and liked it.  Need to wrap up some other shows first.  My son said it gets even better in the 2nd season, is that your feeling as well? 

Yes...gets better with every season!!

• Like 1

Finally got around to watching this.  Rewatched the first episode with my wife.  She ended up bailing halfway thru E2 but luckily that just means I can plow through them faster.

Definitely started picking up steam around E4/E5.  I've got a couple more episodes in S1 to watch and I'm definitely hooked. 

This was originally a SyFy show?  Excellent production values!

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 3:52 PM, Cloaca du jour said:

Yes...gets better with every season!!

Just finished S1.  Awesome show, and you (and my son) says it gets even better??? Focking A! 

• Like 1

Great show after you get about halfway through season 1. Season 2 has been excellent so far 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

No spoilers please.

Great show so far.

Enjoy!

I watched the whole series.  It’s good.  A couple of the actors were not great but overall really enjoyed it.  

6 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I watched the whole series.  It’s good.  A couple of the actors were not great but overall really enjoyed it.  

I've lost track, is the final(?) season available yet? 

1 minute ago, DonS said:

I've lost track, is the final(?) season available yet? 

Yes, earlier this year.  

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Yes, earlier this year.  

Thx for confirming.  :thumbsup:

My mom really liked it and the cig sales rep, after hearing I had started Ozark highly recommended.  I have not started it yet but will in time.

What is that prison show on maybe HBO way back in the day that has been talked about here in the past?  How is that?  Not Orange Is the New Black so don't be a doosh.

Just now, fandandy said:

What is that prison show on maybe HBO way back in the day that has been talked about here in the past?  How is that?  Not Orange Is the New Black so don't be a doosh.

OZ is awesome. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, DonS said:

OZ is awesome. :thumbsup:

Thank you, sir.  That's the one I wanna check out next.  Hopefully, I can find it streaming somewhere.

Not to sidetrack, but I am extremely disappointed with Ozark.  I do not see the love.  I am forced to stick with it now as it has kinda become "our show" but I genuinely hate it.  Season 3 and last night a certain crazy character got offed.  I was so focking happy.  I hope they kill everyone else next, including all the kids.