Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Twitter labeled Trump tweets with a fact check for the first time

Observer taking such a beating today in this thread that he resorted to talking about the wall and covid by page 4.   🤣

• Thanks 1

Just now, riversco said:

Observer taking such a beating today in this thread that he resorted to talking about the wall and covid by page 4.   🤣

You should stick to conspiracy theories and fear of a civil war. 

33 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It took the Democrats one day to use the bullsh!t racism tool when he shot down travel from China, which they have yet to apologize for....let him give it back where ever he pleases.....I support his efforts to fight the leftists where ever he pleases.

Not sure how this EO will be implemented or what it will exactly look like, but it sounds like they will be going after Section 230 of the Decency in Communications Act.....basically media platforms aren't responsible for what their users post.  It does allow them to yank anything they feel is misleading/dangerous at their discretion.  By stripping them of that protection, they will have to go through everyone's posts to validate them....which ain't gonna happen.  It also opens them up to litigation based on what their users post.  Honestly, I don't care about Google and Twitter as much as the smaller platforms.....like this one.  

Twitter shouldn't have fact checked Trumps tweets.  If there are people dumb enough to believe everything they read, so be it.  I'd rather have that than regulated content.  I think we all would.

3 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

Not sure how this EO will be implemented or what it will exactly look like, but it sounds like they will be going after Section 230 of the Decency in Communications Act.....basically media platforms aren't responsible for what their users post.  It does allow them to yank anything they feel is misleading/dangerous at their discretion.  By stripping them of that protection, they will have to go through everyone's posts to validate them....which ain't gonna happen.  It also opens them up to litigation based on what their users post.  Honestly, I don't care about Google and Twitter as much as the smaller platforms.....like this one.  

Twitter shouldn't have fact checked Trumps tweets.  If there are people dumb enough to believe everything they read, so be it.  I'd rather have that than regulated content.  I think we all would.

I started a thread about the EO.  Drafts of the order have been released. The big things on it is watch-lists. 

On 5/27/2020 at 6:41 AM, The Observer said:

Just a reminder, if you publicly accuse an innocent man of murder, god chance you'll be losing your life savings and house in the ensuing defamation suit. Trump isn't using his right to free speech, he is abusing a presidential immunity he has from legal ramifications.

See, Observer doesn't care that Madonna threatened to blow up the white house and nothing happens to her.  Observer doesn't care that Biden threatened trump with violence.   Observer doesn't care that Maxine Waters urged people to confront republicans everywhere they go.  That is TOTALLY OK with Observer.  We know this because he never comments on it.  But he will start pearl clutching if he thinks Trump is abusing speech.  Its the usual garbage. 

On the other hand, Observer might actually think Madonna is president.  Could be with a nut like him.

1 minute ago, riversco said:

See, Observer doesn't care that Madonna threatened to blow up the white house and nothing happens to her.  Observer doesn't care that Biden threatened trump with violence.   Observer doesn't care that Maxine Waters urged people to confront republicans everywhere they go.  That is TOTALLY OK with Observer.  We know this because he never comments on it.  But he will start pearl clutching if he thinks Trump is abusing speech.  Its the usual garbage. 

On the other hand, Observer might actually think Madonna is president.  Could be with a nut like him.

Not sure what that has to do with the post you quoted.  I stated that you and I would not be allowed to accuse an innocent man of murder. Repeatedly. On social media. 

But feel free to ramble on about Madonna and Maxine Waters. 

15 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

The bigger issue to me is what they chose to fact check.  If Trump tweets that no one died from Covid it would be ok for Twitter to put a note in there that that is not an accurate statement.  However, they fact checked whether mail in voting is likely to have fraud.  Besides the FACT that there's proof of fraud in mail in voting, it's an opinion.  It's a stupid thing to "fact" check.

observer in this thread:

calling Trump names: 8
challenging a republican to produce facts that are easily googled (which are then ignored when they get posted): 1
accusing republicans of doing things democrats do all the time (publicly threaten to injure or kill opposition leaders): 2
predicting things will end poorly for Trump: 5

I could probably design a flow chart to categorize how he will respond in each situation.  Someone could write a bot and be more lucid than him by following the flow chart.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, riversco said:

observer in this thread:

challenging a republican to produce facts that are easily googled (which are then ignored when they get posted): 1
accusing republicans of doing things democrats do all the time (publicly threaten to injure or kill opposition leaders): 2

I could probably design a flow chart to categorize how he will respond in each situation.  Someone could write a bot and be more lucid than him by following the flow chart.

I look forward to the glow chart. I'll add you to the list of fans. 

12 minutes ago, Strike said:

The bigger issue to me is what they chose to fact check.  If Trump tweets that no one died from Covid it would be ok for Twitter to put a note in there that that is not an accurate statement.  However, they fact checked whether mail in voting is likely to have fraud.  Besides the FACT that there's proof of fraud in mail in voting, it's an opinion.  It's a stupid thing to "fact" check.

Yeah....doesn't really make sense to me.  Which is why I think they did something in response to the Scarborough thing....that could/should have been fact checked.

I don't like the way Trump phrased the tweet....seemed directed exclusively at Dems....we can agree to disagree on that point.  But we absolutely do agree that election fraud is a very real possibility this November and we should discuss it.  Fact checking that.....especially considering Twitter has ties to the mail in voting process.....according to someone here....that's way too coincidental in my book and deserves additional scrutiny.  From that view....I can understand the EO.  

29 minutes ago, riversco said:

observer in this thread:

#2 is why he such a dik.  Just keep in mind he fell hard for the pee-pee tape hoax. Real hard. He’s easily misinformed. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

#2 is why he such a dik.  Just keep in mind he fell hard for the pee-pee tape hoax. Real hard. He’s easily misinformed. 

Says the guy falling for Obamagate Ver 3.0  🤣🤣🤣

10 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Says the guy falling for Obamagate Ver 3.0  🤣🤣🤣

Barr just put another US Attorney on the case. Of an actual crime, to which there is no debate occurred. Yeah, it’s the same. Lol. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Barr just put another US Attorney on the case. Of an actual crime, to which there is no debate occurred. Yeah, it’s the same. Lol. 

Oh in that case, it must be legit.  Barr has shown himself to be a rock solid, non-biased AG.    Your 0-3 sport.

Just now, The Observer said:

Oh in that case, it must be legit.  Barr has shown himself to be a rock solid, non-biased AG.    Your 0-3 sport.

Buzzfeed is going out of business. You ok? 

31 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I look forward to the glow chart. I'll add you to the list of fans. 

The problem is you are so inefficient.  You scatter the same messages across 20 posts with a lot of useless words inbetween.

I propose you create a newbie thread, and in there, every single day, you can copypaste the message in one single post.  It would take about 30 seconds instead of the hours you waste doing it manually.

Your daily post would look something like this:

Trump is a poo-poo head.
Trump lied.
Trump killed people.
Trump!
I predict trump will lose.
This will turn out horribly for Trump!
Are you a republican?  Please post links to source your claims.  Oh and if you do, I will ignore them.
I think a republican did something wrong that democrats do all the time.  Time to clutch my pearls!

• Thanks 1

Just now, riversco said:

The problem is you are so inefficient.  You scatter the same messages across 20 posts with a lot of useless words inbetween.

I propose you create a newbie thread, and in there, every single day, you can copypaste the message in one single post.  It would take about 30 seconds instead of the hours you waste doing it manually.

Trump is a poo-poo head.
Trump lied.
Trump killed people.
Trump!
Are you a republican?  Please post links to source your claims.  Oh and if you do, I will ignore them.
I think a republican did something wrong that democrats do all the time.  Time to clutch my pearls!

Don’t forget that he’s always having the best time in the place to be. Like Applebee’s. 

2 minutes ago, riversco said:

Trump is a poo-poo head.
Trump lied.
Trump killed people.
Trump!

Here's your problem precious.  And it's why you post here now and not FBG. You love Trump. You'd carry his baby if you could. And that's fine. Most members here do.  You come here because it's your safe place. All Trump, all the time. It's a slobberfest.  

There may be two or three guys here (MDC, Leeson, Mike Honcho) who don't like trump, but they rarely post. So it's still the Trump safe place.

I hate Trump as much as you love him. And I'll tell you about it. I post facts. I'll post about the lies. The corruption.  And it absolutely KILLS you. There are very few Trumpsters here who will even debate without namecalling.  Such a soft bunch. Which makes sense since Trump is the least masculine President in our lifetime. 

So you can cry TDS.  You can make your cute little lists. And you can do everything in your power that you think will discourage me from giving my opinion and posting facts. 

And if the 15-1 pro-Trump ratio still isn't good enough and challenges your manhood, feel free to find a Brietbart messageboard where there's no opposition whatsoever. I understand that some people are too emotionally weak to be challenged.  But if you decide to stay here, you can block me if I scare you or try to man-up a little and deal with an opposing opinion. 

I hate to see what this baord is going to become if Trump loses in November.  My God. Softest bunch of pansies I've ever been around. 

Here's your problem precious.  And it's why you post here now and not FBG. You love Trump. You'd carry his baby if you could. And that's fine. Most members here do.  You come here because it's your safe place. All Trump, all the time. It's a slobberfest.  

There may be two or three guys here (MDC, Leeson, Mike Honcho) who don't like trump, but they rarely post. So it's still the Trump safe place.

I hate Trump as much as you love him. And I'll tell you about it. I post facts. I'll post about the lies. The corruption.  And it absolutely KILLS you. There are very few Trumpsters here who will even debate without namecalling.  Such a soft bunch. Which makes sense since Trump is the least masculine President in our lifetime. 

So you can cry TDS.  You can make your cute little lists. And you can do everything in your power that you think will discourage me from giving my opinion and posting facts. 

And if the 15-1 pro-Trump ratio still isn't good enough and challenges your manhood, feel free to find a Brietbart messageboard where there's no opposition whatsoever. I understand that some people are too emotionally weak to be challenged.  But if you decide to stay here, you can block me if I scare you or try to man-up a little and deal with an opposing opinion. 

I hate to see what this baord is going to become if Trump loses in November.  My God. Softest bunch of pansies I've ever been around. 

You posted today that Trump didn’t get PPE’s for three months. Where did you get that fact? 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You posted today that Trump didn’t get PPE’s for three months. Where did you get that fact? 

Took him more than 3 months to use his executive power to order PPE.  Still unknown if he really did. He claims he did in April

47 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Took him more than 3 months to use his executive power to order PPE.  Still unknown if he really did. He claims he did in April

So no one had PPE’s until recently.  Ok. 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So no one had PPE’s until recently.  Ok. 

Another solid argument on your part.  You're so good at this

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Another solid argument on your part.  You're so good at this

Yup, looks like you’re right. Just to confirm, can you let me know where you got that fact from? Thanks. 

Twitter adds warning label to Trump tweet for 'glorifying violence'

Twitter says President Donald Trump has violated its rule against glorifying violence and has affixed a warning label to one of his tweets — the first time such action has been taken against the president's account.

The social media platform is using what it calls a "public interest notice" to flag the president's incendiary post about the protests and violence in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

This means the tweet will not be removed, but will be hidden behind a notice that says "this Tweet violated the Twitter Rules about glorifying violence. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public's interest for the Tweet to remain accessible." Users can view it if they click past the notice.

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

Trump uses the word 'thugs' while literally threatening to shoot people.   Lol you can't make this stuff up

4 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Trump uses the word 'thugs' while literally threatening to shoot people.   Lol you can't make this stuff up

I don't think this is going to help in his efforts to make inroads to black voter support.  

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I don't think this is going to help in his efforts to make inroads to black voter support.  

But but Biden...

7 minutes ago, Strike said:

ROFLMAO:

Trump should delete his account from Twitter.  That would show 'em

Trump maybe right about mail-in ballots leading to voter fraud.

President Trump tried to register to vote in Florida using an out-of-state address

When President Donald Trump officially changed his residency from New York to Florida in Sept. 2019, he submitted a voter registration application listing his legal residence in Washington D.C., according to a report, even though Florida requires voters to be legal residents of the state.

According to registration records obtained by The Washington Post, Trump gave his legal address as 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. NW—the address of the White House—in his original application.

Trump resubmitted his application 31 days later, according to the report, using a Florida address, allowing him to vote by mail in the March Republican presidential primary.

It’s unclear if Florida officials may have flagged Trump’s application, the report says, though Florida voter applications contain the warning that applicants may be subject to fines or imprisonment if they do not provide truthful information.

:lol:

On 5/29/2020 at 7:34 AM, Mike Honcho said:

ICE Cube who has a huge following on Twitter has been outright calling for violence against police on Twitter.

Nothing from them.

We get it, its political.....its picking and choosing what to "police".  It'd be like Newbie being the "Fact Checker" on this forearm.  Retarded.

I mean freaking China propaganda sites were on Twitter blaming the US for Corona-virus.  All good with Twitter then.  Give me a break.

7 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

ICE Cube who has a huge following on Twitter has been outright calling for violence against police on Twitter.

Nothing from them.

We get it, its political.....its picking and choosing what to "police".  It'd be like Newbie being the "Fact Checker" on this forearm.  Retarded.

I mean freaking China propaganda sites were on Twitter blaming the US for Corona-virus.  All good with Twitter then.  Give me a break.

Ice Cube is a focking puzzy ass bigot. 

10 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Nothing from them.

Trump is free to start his own social media format where Sean Hannity is the fact checker and he can lie to his little heart's content. If you don't like Twitter, leave Twitter. Such simple solutions to your major problems

6 hours ago, The Observer said:

Trump is free to start his own social media format where Sean Hannity is the fact checker and he can lie to his little heart's content. If you don't like Twitter, leave Twitter. Such simple solutions to your major problems

If you don’t like Fox then don’t watch it. So easy. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If you don’t like Fox then don’t watch it. So easy. 

I don't.  No problemo here

I don't.  No problemo here

Oh. Thought you did, you sure talk about Fox enough. Another example of you bloviating on an issue  you’re ignorant about . Carry on 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh. Thought you did, you sure talk about Fox enough. Another example of you bloviating on an issue  you’re ignorant about . Carry on 

I know what they do. They lie and push Trump's racist divisive agenda. And I don't watch it. Trump has the option of not using Twitter. And all you whiners have the option of not being a member. Life is really much less complicated than you guys make it

6 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I know what they do. They lie and push Trump's racist divisive agenda. And I don't watch it. Trump has the option of not using Twitter. And all you whiners have the option of not being a member. Life is really much less complicated than you guys make it

I never complained about Twitter censoring him. Stop projecting your false conclusions on to me. Liar. Juan Williams and Neil Cavuto shill for Trump? 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I never complained about Twitter censoring him. Stop projecting your false conclusions on to me. Liar. Juan Williams and Neil Cavuto shill for Trump? 

Your boy signed an EO!  A worthless one, but he was so livid that they fact checked him. Imagine if he reacted to Covid that quickly?  Or the riots?