Sign in to follow this  

I barely made it through the Kaepernick year. I submitted my lineups weekly but wasn’t following games or figuring out who to put waiver requests in for.

I got better the next couple of years but enthusiasm never got back to pre-Kaepernick levels. Now, seeing that the NFL is going fully woke, I’m not feeling it.

On 6/19/2020 at 3:33 PM, Voltaire said:

I barely made it through the Kaepernick year. I submitted my lineups weekly but wasn’t following games or figuring out who to put waiver requests in for.

I got better the next couple of years but enthusiasm never got back to pre-Kaepernick levels. Now, seeing that the NFL is going fully woke, I’m not feeling it.

I’m up in the air right now 

On 6/21/2020 at 8:58 AM, Voltaire said:

I’m up in the air right now 

You can do it. 

in

I can't do it. I've been on the brink going back and forth but when I posted earlier, I thought I would fall in anyway.  There's not going to be any joy in the NBA and NFL anymore and that in turn filters downstream to FF as well.  Living overseas, I have to go out of my way and make extra effort to pay attention to these things.  Rotoworld has become unreadable and the NBA has shown the way of what we can expect from the NFL and I don't want any part of it. It doesn't help that all four professional Detroit sports teams suck right now either.

I just got done resigning from a league I started before this one that I'd been in for 22 years and now I'm done here too.

:rolleyes:

NFL has rolled the league for 2020.  Looks like we need a commish.

I’m in if we have enough to do the league, but I’m not sweating it either. FF hasn’t been a high priority for me for 2-3 years now, and this year it’s even worse. I’ll be lurking some, but am good either way. 

Seems dead

I'll pm peenie.

And mookz.

I count 6 in 2 out 6 AWOL.

We can do it.

I’m in if we continue. Pretty tough league with some strong teams at the top. I was having fun the past 2 years trying to build a team that could compete. 

I’m fine to run my team again this year but I don’t have time to look for replacement owners and be any sort of commish. Just too many leagues I’m already in charge of. 

head count:

in:

1. old school / wild one

2. top gun / jtmeikle 

3. worm / tommy boy

4. victoria / taco

5. white wonder / boondock

6. firefly / monkeys

7. pulp / blade

out:

1. volty / malteese

2. skibum  / hot dog

awol:

1 peenie / bedazled

2 rlld / appocolypse

3 deep throat / 28guest

4. clerk / ims90

5. darko / raider hater

I wrote bylaws for whiny ass volty a few years back because everything was done  very randomly prior. Let me check 

12 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

how many do I need to get my roster to?

22. You don’t have to cut anyone. Just the roster limit of 22. If you want to have three draft picks then you cut 3 players. Etc....

draft is set for tues sept 1st.

we should postpone it until we can fill out the league.

Count me in.   Wasnt keeping up, sorry!

On 8/25/2020 at 2:44 PM, LotsOfMonkeys said:

I'll play.

If we need owners I can ask around my other leagues.

Are we staying on MFL?

Yes we at NFL again.  Same link.

We will start the draft when we fill up.

Need 2. Do any of your boys post here?

11 hours ago, taco breath said:

Yes we at NFL again.  Same link.

We will start the draft when we fill up.

Need 2. Do any of your boys post here?

Who is paying for it?

Which teams are available?

This is cutting it real close. Is the draft the same format as in the past? 5 rounds 8 hour clock? 

I play in a lot of leagues mostly with people I don't know personally. I don't know if they have an account here or not. I can ask around but its pretty late in the game. Knowing the financials and draft format would be nice so I can tell them what they they're getting into. 

I went in and tried to clean up my roster- we need to get moving if we are going to get the draft done.

I suspect we could knock this draft out in a couple of hours if we setup a time for like 8 or 9 pm one night, just a thought

I'm here

Was having problems logging in

18 hours ago, RLLD said:

I suspect we could knock this draft out in a couple of hours if we setup a time for like 8 or 9 pm one night, just a thought

I’m good with that

So two teams just randomly added a bunch of rookies?

pretty sure the league is DOA

I propose we consider a full redraft, who is the commish around here? Is it Taco?

I’m not the commish and not looking to commish another league but I’ve been the co commish in this league before so I’ll give my two cents. 

1. yes, I added a bunch of rookies... but only because I saw two other owners do it without any kind of post here. Who are those owners? I’d boot them. 

2. the rookie draft is dead. We don’t have a full set of owners. The season has started. I think 2020 is a wash

3. if we have enough interested people, we can trim the league to 12 owners.... even 10.... and start a fresh dynasty with a fresh dynasty startup draft. We can start getting everything in place for 2021.... or if there is enough interest we can still do it this year and just cut out week 1.....

4. Since this is a free league, and we would be starting fresh, we can leave MFL for ESPN or even Yahoo where we can do a dynasty for free. I’m a big ESPN fan. 

Agree with you Wonder on all points.  Let it be for this year, spend the spring trying to revive with fewer teams.