Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Good Morning

Overcast weekend and Brewers series cancelled, so that was the suck.  On the bright side, the Brewers didn't lose any games this weekend, so there is that!

On this day in 1992 "Unforgiven" directed by Clint Eastwood and starring Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman and Morgan Freeman premieres in Los Angeles (Academy Awards Best Picture 1993)

Everyone stay healthy and have a good week.  :thumbsup:

GM.

Not so sure Gene Hackman isn't my favorite modern day actor of all time - just great in everything.... And yes, Unforgiven was bad ass. :thumbsup:

On 8/3/2020 at 7:27 AM, Mike Honcho said:

Overcast weekend and Brewers series cancelled, so that was the suck.  On the bright side, the Brewers didn't lose any games this weekend, so there is that!

On this day in 1992 "Unforgiven" directed by Clint Eastwood and starring Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman and Morgan Freeman premieres in Los Angeles (Academy Awards Best Picture 1993)

It's been on Starz Encore a bunch this month. I recorded it and tried watching it. got maybe 20 mins in and shut it off. Only westerns I like is Young Guns

25 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

GM.

Not so sure Gene Hackman isn't my favorite modern day actor of all time - just great in everything.... And yes, Unforgiven was bad ass. :thumbsup:

I hear you.  I would probably go Robert Duval but Hackman is really good.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

GM.

Film series I follow on Youtube---the WTF series in this case is a retrospective of Gene's career, if you are interested.  I watched it on Sunday, pretty good.

49 minutes ago, edjr said:

It's been on Starz Encore a bunch this month. I recorded it and tried watching it. got maybe 20 mins in and shut it off. Only westerns I like is Young Guns

For a Young Guns guy, I would recommend Silverado, 3:10 to Yuma, both are heavy on the action, not much on the moralizing.  The Quick and The Dead is fun, technically a western, but mostly it's 90 minutes of Sam Raimi just wrapping a thin story around all the different ways he can come up with to have crazy visually insane gunfights. 

7 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

For a Young Guns guy, I would recommend Silverado, 3:10 to Yuma, both are heavy on the action, not much on the moralizing.  The Quick and The Dead is fun, technically a western, but mostly it's 90 minutes of Sam Raimi just wrapping a thin story around all the different ways he can come up with to have crazy visually insane gunfights. 

I liked 3:10 to Yuma, Christian Bale :wub:  not much he has done I havent liked

I have probably seen Unforgiven at least 50 times.  Everyone in it is the antagonist.  Or maybe they are all the protagonist.  Up for debate.  Just brilliant.

34 minutes ago, edjr said:

Tombstone? 

I used to hate westerns as a kid.  Now I love going back and watching them.

On 8/3/2020 at 4:27 AM, Mike Honcho said:

Thanks Mike.  :cheers:  Unforgiven is probably my second favorite western; a close second to Josey Wales.  Brilliant movie, and I love @TimmySmith's take on it.

I loved Unforgiven, Tombstone, etc..

But there's The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - and everyone else.