RaiderHaters Revenge

PPR no 2 pick...Zeke/Barkley...Discuss

hah well I found the solution

be the guy that is in 2 redraft leagues, and draw the number 2 pick in each

now one is a fresh keeper and the other is a total redraft

Barkley in keeper

Zeke in redraft

right?

I think the solution is that either one will be a good pick, just depends if they stay healthy of course.  

Bonus of drafting in the top three. 

I’ll go for Zeke, he’s the most solid RB in the league on a great offense who stays healthy. Saquon is on a team with a QB who fumbled 18 times in limited starts last season and has had injury issues going back to college if I’m not mistaken. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I’ll go for Zeke, he’s the most solid RB in the league on a great offense who stays healthy. Saquon is on a team with a QB who fumbled 18 times in limited starts last season and has had injury issues going back to college if I’m not mistaken. 

You are mistaken, DJ played in 12, 13, and 11 games in his 3 years at Duke. Rarely missed time. He missed a couple of games in the NFL, but came back just fine.

Hasn’t that been the case the last two seasons, the Zeke has been on the better team, but in 2018 Barkely had the better season. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Hasn’t that been the case the last two seasons, the Zeke has been on the better team, but in 2018 Barkely had the better season. 

In 2018, Barkley still had a Hall of Fame QB...

15 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

In 2018, Barkley still had a Hall of Fame QB...

Eli is going to be a HOF , but not in 2018. 

But once again , Cowboys had the better team in 2018, And Barkley clearly out produced The Zeke. 

Either one is a good start to a successful and lucky ff season. 

Hey thanks.  

16 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Either one is a good start to a successful and lucky ff season. 

Did you ever consider that if FF was all luck, Jerick McKinnon would be just as good of a start as Zeke or Barkley?

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Did you ever consider that if FF was all luck, Jerick McKinnon would be just as good of a start as Zeke or Barkley?

Starting McKinnon would be a bad luck move, since the last time he posted ff points was in 2017. So I agree with you, it’s still all luck, good and bad. 

Thanks mm 

On 8/9/2020 at 7:24 PM, polecatt said:

I would pick Zeke. He's more durable, on a better team and has been as consistent as any RB the past 4 seasons when on the field, which is almost always. I expect him to be more involved in the passing game under McCarthy, and it's not like his receiving numbers have been bad before.

I really don't get the big fuss around Barkley. Don't get me wrong he's a top notch fantasy RB1, but I don't see why he's a consensus top 2 pick. It kind of reminds me of when David Johnson was anointed as the best fantasy RB ever a few years ago, yet he hasn't put up RB1 numbers since. I'm not saying Barkley is going to take such a fall, but there's a few guys with the same potential.

Why do you expect Zeke to be more involved in the pass game?  He had 50+ receptions last year on 70 some targets, roughly the same as Barkley.  Ty Montgomery was the only RB I can think of that caught any significant number of passes under McCarthy....and he was a WR lining up as a RB.  Moore is obviously back as OC so Zeke's receiving numbers the last two years should be what you're looking at, unless I missed MM quoting somewhere how he'd like to get Zeke more catches after adding Cedee to the passing corp.  

DJ was a 3rd round pick....Saquon #2 overall...talent levels a little different there....  Gurley had 19 TD's in 2017 and fell off the map after that....Point taken though.  

13 hours ago, weepaws said:

So I disagree with you, it’s still all luck, good and bad.

FTFY

6 hours ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Why do you expect Zeke to be more involved in the pass game?  He had 50+ receptions last year on 70 some targets, roughly the same as Barkley.  Ty Montgomery was the only RB I can think of that caught any significant number of passes under McCarthy....and he was a WR lining up as a RB.  Moore is obviously back as OC so Zeke's receiving numbers the last two years should be what you're looking at, unless I missed MM quoting somewhere how he'd like to get Zeke more catches after adding Cedee to the passing corp.  

DJ was a 3rd round pick....Saquon #2 overall...talent levels a little different there....  Gurley had 19 TD's in 2017 and fell off the map after that....Point taken though.  

I don’t understand what your saying about Gurley. 

He scored 21 tds in 2018 and 14 last season, I don’t call that falling of the map. 

I think he Gurley is way under valued going into this seasons draft, but hey shhhh.  

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

FTFY

I know your two favorite posters, yourself and me, half your post have either your own name or mind in them. 

I told you not to pay any attention to my post, but I’ve became your hero, and I’m sorry that I’ve done that, please stop thinking so much about me. 

FF= 100% luck, and this season it will shine even brighter that’s it’s all it’s all luck. 

But those that pick that late replacement player who goes on to have a stud season, that owner will boast about how great they are and how skillful thy are in making a lucky pick. 

Hey axe good luck to you this ff season, and I hope your around.  

11 hours ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

I think the team will be better in general under McCarthy. One of the results will be Zeke having better receiving numbers.

McCarthy never had a RB close to Zeke in GB. Yes, it's still Kellen Moore as OC but the HC change will make it all work better.

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think he Gurley is way under valued going into this seasons draft, but hey shhhh.

I second that. Will be looking to scoop him. He's got a lot to prove on this one year deal if he wants to keep making bank, while silencing the arthritic knee naysayers. Oh, don't get me wrong....he's got issues (was observed walking with a limp today), but all reports say that he looks strong and explosive on the field. 

Falcons offense is legit, and D's won't often be stacking the box. We all know his penchant for the endzone. Basically, you are getting a potential (if not likely) RB1 at a RB2 price. I have never owned him....but the price is finally right.

17 hours ago, weepaws said:

I don’t understand what your saying about Gurley. 

He scored 21 tds in 2018 and 14 last season, I don’t call that falling of the map. 

Falling off the map was an overstatement.  He was considered the top FF back to own before CMC broke out and Todd's knee issues took hold.  The response was to the David Johnson was anointed the best after his ff mvp season...maybe I was over valuing Gurley's former position in the pantheon of ff running backs.  I don't disagree that he is currently undervalued but that is another topic.  Let me fix my original statement....

"DJ was a 3rd round pick....Saquon #2 overall...talent levels a little different there...."  

12 hours ago, polecatt said:

I think the team will be better in general under McCarthy. One of the results will be Zeke having better receiving numbers.

McCarthy never had a RB close to Zeke in GB. Yes, it's still Kellen Moore as OC but the HC change will make it all work better.

I agree that the team will be better in general.  I'd be very happy regardless with Barkley or Zeke if I'm drafting 3rd.  

47 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Falling off the map was an overstatement.  He was considered the top FF back to own before CMC broke out and Todd's knee issues took hold.  The response was to the David Johnson was anointed the best after his ff mvp season...maybe I was over valuing Gurley's former position in the pantheon of ff running backs.  I don't disagree that he is currently undervalued but that is another topic.  Let me fix my original statement....

"DJ was a 3rd round pick....Saquon #2 overall...talent levels a little different there...."  

I would agree, more has been expected from Barkely and he’s delivered. 

DJ wasn’t someone that many thought a lot of, more of a back up special team player, who’s had one great season, and not so much more than that.  

I have him ranked higher than most I’m sure, I really would like to draft his as a rb2 on my team. 

So my target range for DJ is higher than I’m seeing in mocks.  

Thank you. 

I'd be ok with DJ as my #2 if I had one of the top 3 backs to go with him...if it is is Henry, Mixon or CEH then I'd be a little nervous.  I've had DJ in a keeper league since he was a rookie so I'm probably a little more bias than most but for what O'Brien traded for him you'd expect DJ to get the touches he needs to be a productive RB2. 

Bell, Connor, Gurley are all going around DJ...would you take any of them over DJ?  Gurley yes.  Personally I'd take Connor over DJ but not Laveon.  

5 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

I'd be ok with DJ as my #2 if I had one of the top 3 backs to go with him...if it is is Henry, Mixon or CEH then I'd be a little nervous.  I've had DJ in a keeper league since he was a rookie so I'm probably a little more bias than most but for what O'Brien traded for him you'd expect DJ to get the touches he needs to be a productive RB2. 

Bell, Connor, Gurley are all going around DJ...would you take any of them over DJ?  Gurley yes.  Personally I'd take Connor over DJ but not Laveon.  

I would take Bell and Conner over DJ, not Gurley . The biggest selling point for DJ, IMO, is if Carlos Hyde could rush for 1000, DJ, in theory, should do better...

30 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I would take Bell and Conner over DJ, not Gurley . The biggest selling point for DJ, IMO, is if Carlos Hyde could rush for 1000, DJ, in theory, should do better...

Yeah that question was a reply to the previous post, didn't mean that as a certain in the ff community.  I agree with the Hyde theory...Myself I'd go Conner, DJ, Gurley, Bell.  In redrafts I'm guessing Connor will be at least one of my teams, Gurley if he falls but I'd rather have Woods/Ridley/Lockett and pass on DJ and Bell.  This is assuming I went RB1/WR1 with first 2 picks.  If I went RB/RB then I'm loading up WR's rds 3-6.  If a RB I value higher than the WR in any of those rounds then I'm pulling the trigger on my 3rd RB.  

48 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Gurley yes no question. 

But I would take DJ over the other two. 

4 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Yeah that question was a reply to the previous post, didn't mean that as a certain in the ff community.  I agree with the Hyde theory...Myself I'd go Conner, DJ, Gurley, Bell.  In redrafts I'm guessing Connor will be at least one of my teams, Gurley if he falls but I'd rather have Woods/Ridley/Lockett and pass on DJ and Bell.  This is assuming I went RB1/WR1 with first 2 picks.  If I went RB/RB then I'm loading up WR's rds 3-6.  If a RB I value higher than the WR in any of those rounds then I'm pulling the trigger on my 3rd RB.  

Rbs go quickly in my league, it’s a non ppr 14 teamer. 

So I’ll be looking rb early.  

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

Rbs go quickly in my league, it’s a non ppr 14 teamer. 

So I’ll be looking rb early.  

No question 14 teamer 

11 hours ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

I agree that the team will be better in general.  I'd be very happy regardless with Barkley or Zeke if I'm drafting 3rd.  

Of course, it also means if both of them are gone that McCaffrey is available too, so 3rd pick is hard to mess up this season

On 8/14/2020 at 9:32 AM, weepaws said:

DJ wasn’t someone that many thought a lot of, more of a back up special team player, who’s had one great season, and not so much more than that.  

I have him ranked higher than most I’m sure, I really would like to draft his as a rb2 on my team. 

So my target range for DJ is higher than I’m seeing in mocks.  

Ended up with DJ as my RB2 paired with Drake, drafted from the 12-hole in a 12-teamer. After Gurly-man was already gone, couldn't resist DJ at 3.12.

In the first round, CEH actually fell to 1.11 and was sniped in front of me, so I am rolling with Drake as my RB1 and DJ as my RB2 and hoping for the best. Did manage to cuff Edmonds later in the draft, and was happy to snag two rooks in D'Andre Swift and Cam Akers at the 7.12/8.1 turn. Really liked the value there and am hoping at least one of them can be a weekly flex sooner rather than later.

3 hours ago, stonewall said:

Ended up with DJ as my RB2 paired with Drake, drafted from the 12-hole in a 12-teamer. After Gurly-man was already gone, couldn't resist DJ at 3.12.

In the first round, CEH actually fell to 1.11 and was sniped in front of me, so I am rolling with Drake as my RB1 and DJ as my RB2 and hoping for the best. Did manage to cuff Edmonds later in the draft, and was happy to snag two rooks in D'Andre Swift and Cam Akers at the 7.12/8.1 turn. Really liked the value there and am hoping at least one of them can be a weekly flex sooner rather than later.

Congrats like the picks, good luck with the rookies.  

Now one question, what round did Gurley get picked? 

Thank you. 

4 hours ago, stonewall said:

In the first round, CEH actually fell to 1.11 and was sniped in front of me, so I am rolling with Drake as my RB1 and DJ as my RB2 and hoping for the best. 

Assuming Drake was drafted at the first turn, who was your other pick there?

9 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Assuming Drake was drafted at the first turn, who was your other pick there?

Lamar Jackson.

6 point TD league with rushing bonuses. 

9 hours ago, weepaws said:

Now one question, what round did Gurley get picked? 

Gurley-man fell to 3.07

35 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Lamar Jackson.

6 point TD league with rushing bonuses. 

Ouch.

Never heard not to draft a QB early, huh...?

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Ouch.

Never heard not to draft a QB early, huh...?

Oh, I've heard it....

3 hours ago, stonewall said:

Gurley-man fell to 3.07

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, stonewall said:

Oh, I've heard it....

Just a slow learner?

Well, hopefully your experience this season will hammer home the point for you.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Just a slow learner?

Maybe....or just an unconventional drafter who tries to get the guys he wants, when possible.

53 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Maybe....or just an unconventional drafter who tries to get the guys he wants, when possible.

Unconventional?  Don't flatter yourself with that nonsense.  There's no more lemminglike drafting strategy than to snatch one of those shiny scoring machines (QBs) in the first couple of rounds, and hope that your sleeper RB is just as good as Joe Mixon.

26 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

There's no more lemminglike drafting strategy than to snatch one of those shiny scoring machines (QBs) in the first couple of rounds, and hope that your sleeper RB is just as good as Joe Mixon.

....or perhaps that shiny machine puts up as many rushing yards/rushing TD's as Joe Mixon. 

1 hour ago, stonewall said:

....or perhaps that shiny machine puts up as many rushing yards/rushing TD's as Joe Mixon. 

Maybe, but then you'd still need a QB.

8 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Maybe, but then you'd still need a QB.

True. 

Now if only I could have drafted last year's passing TD leader....

2 hours ago, stonewall said:

True. 

Now if only I could have drafted last year's passing TD leader....

See, now you've fallen victim to another fantasy football fallacy...

The idea is to draft THIS year's passing TD leader.

(Well, really, to draft this year's fantasy football QB points leader, but the two often have a highly positive correlation.)

For comparison's sake, I think those guys have been drafted in like the 12th round or so the past couple of seasons, pointing back to the principle of not drafting a QB early.