Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

JAX RB = Robinson?! Ugh..

Jacksonville homers: what was the news coming out of training camp?  I took Devine Ozigbo in the last round of each draft, because he at least had SOME playing experience.  But, lately, all I've been hearing about is Robinson.

Should I do a FA transaction and drop Ozigbo?  Or, wait to see how the carries sort themselves out post Week 1? 

They are tanking. I a m not sure i see how much value either will have. 

Devine will never be a legit starter in the NFL other than circumstance from what I have seen. I was really pulling for him when he was on the Saints but think they put him on the PS. Then the Jags buried him on their roster behind like 3 other RB's at one point last year. He did get some playing time but not enough to matter. I just don't see him beating anyone out as the starter on any team. Decent backup though.   

Jay Gruden is heavily involved with this offense.  That usually means the runningback position will be a complete mess.  

If you have Zig, I'd swap him out for Robinson just in case Robinson comes out looking like Alfred Morris.  It's kind of rare that an UDFA would come in and be the starter over a 2nd year player that has been in the system for a year.  That means either Zig is pretty bad or they like Robinson quite a bit.  Either way, it doesn't look good for Zig.

Robinson is a lottery ticket though.  Thompson should be the most productive back on the roster, but his ceiling is pretty low.  If you pick up Robinson, you're hoping he blows up.  Not a huge chance of that, but his ceiling is higher than Thompson's, and if you have the space, it won't hurt you too much.

43 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Watch Dede Westbrook.  He's going to surprise this season.

Can I ask you why you think that?m

1 hour ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Watch Dede Westbrook.  He's going to surprise this season.

While I agree that his is criminally underutilized, he's currently hurt and 3rd string on their depth chart, and Minshew wouldn't even throw him scraps last year.  Now they have Shenault in the mix to go with Charknado.

The good thing is that this a contract year for Dede, so some team who values receivers that just continually get open will hopefully pick him up next year.

If your choice is between those two then I'd say Robinson.  I really don't see the value in either.  Jax is going to be playing from behind and Chris Thompson is the clear 3rd down back.  It seems like Jax would be a bottom tier offense.  Reports were also that Thompson was the red zone package player.  You are going to get a RB that is likely to be in a 3 way split on a bad offense.

I'd rather roster a player like Joshua Kelly or even Malcom Brown. You have a lot of maybes but they could have roles in decent offences.

For what it's worth, Jags also have O'Shaughnessy over Eifert as TE1.  Maybe the depth chart is just incorrect.

14 minutes ago, nobody said:

For what it's worth, Jags also have O'Shaughnessy over Eifert as TE1.  Maybe the depth chart is just incorrect.

Nah, O'Shaughnessy had some impressive chemistry developing with Minshew at the beginning of the season last year, but then he got hurt in the first week of October just as Minshew was starting to get comfortable as the starter.  His 41.3 PPR fantasy points (8.26 fantasy points per game) were 13th-best over the first five weeks of 2019, so it makes sense that he is their legitimate #1 TE, at least to start the season.

2 hours ago, nobody said:

Lol, I think that’s a warning for ff owners, stay away.  

3 hours ago, BobSanders_33 said:

If your choice is between those two then I'd say Robinson.  I really don't see the value in either.  Jax is going to be playing from behind and Chris Thompson is the clear 3rd down back.  It seems like Jax would be a bottom tier offense.  Reports were also that Thompson was the red zone package player.  You are going to get a RB that is likely to be in a 3 way split on a bad offense.

I'd rather roster a player like Joshua Kelly or even Malcom Brown. You have a lot of maybes but they could have roles in decent offences.

Can you link to the reports saying Chris Thompson is the red zone package player?  That would significantly boost my opinion of Thompson.

7 minutes ago, nobody said:

Can you link to the reports saying Chris Thompson is the red zone package player?  That would significantly boost my opinion of Thompson.

I think you can find the blurb by searching Thompson on rotoworld.