Mike FF Today

Buccaneers at Giants: MNF Discussion

Inactives

Buccaneers: WR Chris Godwin, QB Ryan Griffin, WR Cyril Grayson, OG Aaron Stinnie, DL Khalil Davis

Giants: RB Devonta Freeman, WR CJ Board, FS Adrian Colbert, CB Ryan Lewis, OT Jackson Barton, TE Eric Tomlinson, DE RJ McIntosh

• Like 1

I think I'm going to watch this whole game.  Let me know if my inane observations bother any of you.

I think Tampa Bay is going to try and pour it on.  This is Tom Brady trying to show the world that he's the GOAT and I think he wants to make sure he has the total TD record.  I don't expect them to take the foot off the gas even if they're up 28 which makes me think they'll try to rekindle the good ole days with Gronk a bit in this game.  I predict a Gronk short TD.

On the flip side, the Giants showed some moxie against the Eagles even though they lost, and TB is coming off games against Vegas and GB where they 1. shutdown the penalties and 2. played with a playoff intensity for 60 minutes against both teams.  This should be a bit of a let down spot for them as they look ahead to the Saints and their 2nd week of travel to a good night spot.  Do they have the discipline to keep it together in Vegas, and then turn around and not find some groupies in New York in a game everyone is telling them they should win easily?

We'll know if they come out on their first drive and the penalties are back.

4 minutes ago, nobody said:

I think I'm going to watch this whole game.  Let me know if my inane observations bother any of you.

I think Tampa Bay is going to try and pour it on.  This is Tom Brady trying to show the world that he's the GOAT and I think he wants to make sure he has the total TD record.  I don't expect them to take the foot off the gas even if they're up 28 which makes me think they'll try to rekindle the good ole days with Gronk a bit in this game.  I predict a Gronk short TD.

On the flip side, the Giants showed some moxie against the Eagles even thought they lost, and TB is coming off games against Vegas and GB where they 1. shutdown the penalties and 2. played with a playoff intensity for 60 minutes against both teams.  This should be a bit of a let down spot for them as they look ahead to the Saints and their 2nd week of travel to a good night spot.  Do they have the discipline to keep it together in Vegas, and then turn around and not find some groupies in New York in a game everyone is telling them they should win easily?

We'll know if they come out on their first drive and the penalties are back.

i can't imagine TB will look past MNF when they are a game back in the race for homefield.

but, i basically agree with everything else.  i could see the coaches making TB hand the ball off alot late 

As long as Ronald Jones scores more than -3 points (Half-PPR; opponent win percentage 7%)...

AND

As long as Brady scores less than 29 points (PPR; opponent win percentage 16%)...

AND

As long as Gronk and the Tampa Bay D don't outscore Wayne Gallman by 24 points (Half-PPR; opponent win percentage 15%)...

AND

As long as Wayne Gallman doesn't outscore Daniel Jones and Ronald Jones by 7 points (PPR; opponent win percentage 6%)...

I will record my first 5-0 week of this crazy season!

Parenthetically, it's hilarious that Yahoo thinks it more likely for Ronald Jones to fail to score at least -3 points than it is for Gallman to outscore the Jones boys, by the higher win percentage for my opponent in the former league.

10 minutes ago, nobody said:

I think Tampa Bay is going to try and pour it on.  This is Tom Brady trying to show the world that he's the GOAT and I think he wants to make sure he has the total TD record. 

The Giants own Brady, wouldn't expect much out of him this week.  :banana:

I wonder when announcers are going to learn the difference between an end-around and a reverse.

35 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

As long as Ronald Jones scores more than -3 points (Half-PPR; opponent win percentage 7%)...

You better hope RoJo doesn't fumble on is next carry or he might not see the field again.

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

You better hope RoJo doesn't fumble on is next carry or he might not see the field again.

One fumble would be ok.

Two fumbles on two carries for 0 yards and a benching would screw me.

Yahoo puts the chances of it happening at 7%.

Bummer.  That punt being downed inside the 5.  That means the Giants are probably not going to get anything out of this drive.  I was hoping they'd score so I could put something on TB in live wagering.

Time for the out and up if the TB corners are going to jump the out routes like that.

10 minutes ago, ThatDude said:

Brady hates Evans. Evans must have went in raw on Giselle 

James Bradberry has always done well against Evans...

2nd and 1 is an extremely advantageous situation for the offense, but coordinators never take advantage of it.  You would think they would run some play-action every now and then, but they always just do the straight dive every time.

9 minutes ago, nobody said:

Bummer.  That punt being downed inside the 5.  That means the Giants are probably not going to get anything out of this drive.  I was hoping they'd score so I could put something on TB in live wagering.

It'll come down to this long field goal once they miss this 3rd and 7

Just now, nobody said:

It'll come down to this long field goal once they miss this 3rd and 7

Delayed blitz knocks them out of FG range.

Febreeze subtly having the lesbian couple shopping for air fresheners.  :D

Wow, did they just say that if Antonio Brown loses his civil suit, he won't be there?  That makes no sense.  You won't even have that outcome until the season is over.

Must be for show.

One takeaway so far for me is Mickens is playing over both Tyler Johnson and Justin Watson.  That's surprising to me

12 minutes ago, shaabyi said:

Is Gallman hurt?

Not watching the game but that must be the case...... Alfred Morris is in there

Giants get off the field with a coverage sack on Brady.  Giants need about a 4 minute drive right here if they want to take a lead into half time.

3 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Not watching the game but that must be the case...... Alfred Morris is in there

Gallman sighting for 18 yards

2 minute warning.  Giants threatening at about the 15 with a 1st down.  If the Giants go up 14-3 and they can hold TB the second half line should be about Bucs -7, right?  So that would mean they can lose by 4 and cover.  If the Giants get a FG, that makes it 10-3.  I think you make that line -6, so TB needs to lose by 1 or win or tie to cover.  I'd be on TB in those spots given the Danny Dimes propensity to turn the ball over.

Man, 2nd half line is TB -10.  TB probably covers that, but no thanks.

That wasn't a back shoulder.  You would never throw a back shoulder with a DB in a trail technique.  

That 4th down is where a veteran QB really screws your defense.  He's like, "sweet.  you'll rush 3.  I'll just sit here until someone gets open."  Young QBs like to panic in that spot because the internal clock starts saying, "THROW THE BALL!"

TB got lucky Brady didn't get smashed.  CB blitz, but he needed to jump over a d lineman that fell over in his way.  Brady wasn't even looking.  He was about to get lit the f up.

Let's circle back to the end of the 1st half.  

First of all TB screwed up and stopped the clock with 11 seconds left on 4th down.  Should've left 2 seconds if you're going to kick that field goal.  That way Giants never even touch the ball.  But then if you're the Giants and you know you're going to kneel it, why not tell your kick returner to return it no matter what?  Succop doesn't have a strong leg, so to get it in the endzone, he kicked a low line drive.  That's a perfect ball to bring out.  I know there is only a .1% chance you'll turn that in to something, but there's a 0% chance you'll turn a touchback into something.

Giants coaches must've saw that one CB for TB has been jumping the underneath stuff all night, but they missed the wide open 40 yard gain.

They need to get rid of Brian Griese from the MNF booth.  He brings nothing to the table.

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

That's a BS call.  There's no way that was a catchable ball.

I can't believe the announcers never even mentioned the catchability.  Mickens is 5'7" and the ball was 3 yards out of the back of the endzone.  How the hell was he ever going to catch that.  He'd have to have a 12 foot vertical. 

After the bad OPI call.  They missed a blatant block in the back.  I guess it all evens out.