Sign in to follow this  
nobody

Rams at Buccaneers: MNF Discussion

Inactives

Rams: C Brian Allen, RB Raymond Calais, TE Brycen Hopkins, WR Trishton Jackson

Buccaneers: DE Khalil Davis, QB Ryan Griffin, TE Tanner Hudson, OG Ali Marpet, RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn

Everyone is on the Buccaneers tonight, and I was all set to come in and dump on TB because they've been playing bad in night games.  Then what do I see when I go to ESPN to confirm that Tampa Bay is home tonight? 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers must solve prime-time problems to realize Super Bowl dreams

There goes that edge. I was on this a day after they lost to the Saints in such horrible fashion, but now that ESPN is on it, I have to assume it flips and they come out firing on all cylinders.

As long as Leonard Fournette doesn't outscore Ronald Jones, Robert Woods, and the Rams D by 43 points, I should be golden.

42 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

I need about 35 points from the TB defense. Let's go! (This worked last week with Thielen, so I'm doubling down.)

I need 6, good luck to us-maybe a lot of pick-6's? HAHA, good luck to you. 

Q1 0:00 For as much as Brady is staring down these receivers, I'm surprised safeties aren't trying to jump these receivers.

Q2 14:45 Ramsey talking smack for tackling Evans after getting burnt on a double move that is the reason TB is about to score.  And then Evans runs over half the Rams secondary for a touchdown.  Nice job, clown.

Q2 14:10 Announcers conveniently ignoring that the Ramsey body slam of Evans was with the help of 4 other Rams and it was because Evans tried to jump over him for some reason.  I guess this is my weekly Brian-Griese-sucks post.

Q2 12:25 Woods runs a 3 yard route on 3rd and 5 and Rams punt it back.  I wonder why they would ever run any routes less than 5 yards on 3rd and 5?  This is where I think NFL coaches are way overrated.  3rd and 5 is an extremely popular situation.  You should have 20 plays for that situation and none of them should involve throwing a 3 yard curl.

Q2 9:28 Evans stacks Ramsey and Brady underthrows it and puts it out of bounds.  Ramsey starts jibber-jabbering to the ref.

Q2 8:38 Ramsey pass interference. Used again.  I wonder if the announcers will consider getting off his nutz.

Q2 8:00 Steve Levy explains to the viewers how nepotism and a good-ole-boy network works.  Very educational.

First time in the red zone for the Rams, the announcers tell us that the Rams aren't scoring enough points even though they're 3rd in the NFL in yards.  2nd time in the red zone, It's good to the Rams... Goff 47 TDs to 1 interception or something like that.

Q2 2:00 Antonio Brown has to celebrate after every single play.  It's an 8 yard gain.  Chill out, AB.

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

Q2 2:00 Antonio Brown has to celebrate after every single play.  It's an 8 yard gain.  Chill out, AB.

Yeah, he’s a changed man. 

Q2 1:53 Rams drop an easy interception on the first ball Brady hasn't underthrown deep.

Halftime: I knew something was weird with the player props for the Rams.  For some reason they had Woods and Reynolds both at about 43 yards for the game.  Didn't quite make sense.

1 minute ago, huskyhater75 said:

TB’s strategy on defense is to stay behind them, let them catch it, and then try to tackle them. DB’s are SO bad any more it’s a joke.

According to the announcers, the TB strategy is sit on the underneath stuff and make Goff throw over the top of them.  At least that's what they said in the 1st quarter.

6 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

TB’s strategy on defense is to stay behind them, let them catch it, and then try to tackle them

Now that's funny!

1 minute ago, easilyscan said:

Looks like I hexed him but good!

That was a weird play.  Henderson never even turned around.  I wonder if he was supposed to, or if Goff just panicked.

I've wondered how someone could have 11k posts.

Not any more.

Brady goes to bed at 9:15.  My assessment after the saints game was correct...

On 11/10/2020 at 12:02 AM, nobody said:

I think I finally figured it out.  

TB looked bad against Chicago, Giants, and Saints, but looked great against GB and Raiders over the last 5 weeks.  Common thread is Chicago, Giants and Saints were all late games.  Remember that Bears game is the one where Brady forgot what down it was.  These late games are just past Brady's bed time.

2 minutes ago, Law said:

I've wondered how someone could have 11k posts.

Not any more.

Over 20 years though

23 minutes ago, nobody said:

According to the announcers, the TB strategy is sit on the underneath stuff and make Goff throw over the top of them.  At least that's what they said in the 1st quarter.

They’re wrong.

Q3 8:25 Brady throws a terrible interception directly to a safety playing center field.  His deep ball has not even been close this game.

20 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Now that's funny!

True, just watch. Goff has NO fear of any of those minions breaking up or especially intercepting a pass, any pass. They suck.

My favorite Birdman memory is before he got all tatted up he was in the dunk contest about to attempt a free throw line dunk where they always do that thing where they start their approach way back in the tunnel like it takes 30 yards to get up to full speed.  The camera is on him and he deadpans. "It's time for the birdman to fly," and takes off down the court.

Of course he proceeded to miss the dunk over and over.

Q3 4:13 Brady with a beautiful deep ball, but just off of AB's finger tips.

I'll be interested to see if Akers comes out or if the Rams stick with their RB rotation.

Just now, nobody said:

I'll be interested to see if Akers comes out or if the Rams stick with their RB rotation.

Henderson back in... :(

Just now, nobody said:

Q3 4:13 Brady with a beautiful deep ball, but just off of AB's finger tips.

Ram DB’s aren’t afraid like TB’s are.