bobjay00

What is up with Gaskin?

Has anybody heard anything on MYLES GASKIN? I cannot find an update other than "...available week 12"  Thanks for the expected help.

Go Eagl.. uhh never mind  😣

I've been waiting for an update as well. Did a Google search, & this is the closest thing to an update I could find.

By Howard Bender, Fantasy Alarm

Sunday, November 23

If Miami running back Salvon Ahmed is a free agent in your league, grab him. The Dolphins haven’t openly discussed when they expect Myles Gaskin to return from injured reserve, but the three-week estimate passes this week, and he doesn’t appear any closer in his recovery now than he did two weeks ago.

Ahmed, an undrafted rookie free agent out of Washington, has been strong enough that the team released Jordan Howard while keeping both Matt Breida and Patrick Laird on the bench. Ahmed has seen at least 65 percent of the snaps over the past two weeks, and as we’ve seen from head coach Brian Flores and offensive coordinator Chan Gailey, the preference is to have one lead back. Even if Gaskin does eventually return, Ahmed could have a full stranglehold on this job.

My take: In his 3 games , Ahmed hasn't been nearly as prolific as Gaskin when it comes to pass catching. 3 games, 6 receptions.

Gaskin had 30 in 7 games. 

• Thanks 1

Hoping Gaskin's blown gasket keeps him out one more week.

Need Ahmed in the flex this week.

Thanks for the responses but I already saw all of that. That is why I posted because it tells me nothing. Today they mentioned on CBSSports that he is progressing well but no timetable has been set for his return. I am down Carson, Mixon, Gaskin, while Hyde came back and I picked up Ahmed those 2 helped me get to 6-5.  My team; WILSON, HENRY, AHMED, FULLER, CHARK, METCALF, CROWDER, SCHULTZ, CARLSON, RAVENS.   Wait, I just acquired RIDLEY for CARSON/HYDE. Now I really need Gaskin/Mixon. I don't like 2 & 4. I Like 3 RBs & 3 WRs. My team should get better going forward.

Thanks for the help.

MCL sprains typically take 4-6 weeks to recover. But because he’s a RB I would expect 6 weeks, so I would guess he will be back week 14.

51 minutes ago, handbanana said:

Nobody cares about your team or your backhanded “thanks”

Thank you. I considered posting something similar, but backed off.

I've posted similar questions in the past. I did this hoping somebody else may have seen something I overlooked. 

When others were decent enough to answer, just because it was something I knew already, I didn't chastise them for it.

16 hours ago, easilyscan said:

By Howard Bender, Fantasy Alarm

Sunday, November 23

If Miami running back Salvon Ahmed is a free agent in your league, grab him. The Dolphins haven’t openly discussed when they expect Myles Gaskin to return from injured reserve, but the three-week estimate passes this week, and he doesn’t appear any closer in his recovery now than he did two weeks ago.

I’ll confess I don’t know who Bender is, but this is a well known beat reporter in SoFla:

>>For those who have asked, RB Myles Gaskin - who has missed three games with sprained MCL - is doing well in his recovery. Not sure Dolphins necessarily will activate him this week but we'll see. Should be back very soon. Now eligible to come off IR.<<

Here.

16 hours ago, easilyscan said:

My take: In his 3 games , Ahmed hasn't been nearly as prolific as Gaskin when it comes to pass catching. 3 games, 6 receptions.

Gaskin had 30 in 7 games. 

I think this is also a function of Tua taking over from Fitz. Also IMO while Ahmed looked great vs the Chargers he had some wide open holes to run through. He also got a cheapo 1 yard TD on the first play of the game. But he got huge volume and did again vs Den, which is what made Gaskin valuable. 

Lol I just read that.  

Dolphins activated RB Myles Gaskin (knee) from injured reserve.

Gaskin hasn’t played since Week 8 but is expected to be out there for Week 13 against the Bengals in his first game back from a sprained MCL. With Salvon Ahmed (shoulder), Matt Breida (COVID), and DeAndre Washington (hamstring) out this week, Gaskin could slide right back into 20-plus touches with Miami installed as heavy home favorites. He should be in season-long lineups.

Dec 5, 2020, 3:47 PM ET