Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Entry level smoker

Recommended Posts

On 11/27/2020 at 10:16 PM, Cruzer said:

* Keep your auger line clean, your fire rod working. You can start a huge fire if you get pellet build up in the fire chamber. 

For some reason this made me really horny.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jetdoc said:

For some reason this made me really horny.

why do you have bigtuna as your avitar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was amused by his perfect neckbeard way back when...just kept it as my avatar since then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jetdoc said:

I was amused by his perfect neckbeard way back when...just kept it as my avatar since then.

ūü§ě

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure all the smokers here are great dudes, but here's a tip from us guys who don't want to spend 6+ cooking - we also hate hearing you idiots talk to each other about your smokers and going on about "it's so much better, isn't it???"  Yeah, I guess it's a little better. Now shut up about it.

It's like listening to two health nuts talk about how far they jog every day... oh I'm sorry - "run."    :rolleyes:

 

Smokers and joggers can eat sh*t.  Sorry, it had to be said.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

I'm sure all the smokers here are great dudes, but here's a tip from us guys who don't want to spend 6+ cooking - we also hate hearing you idiots talk to each other about your smokers and going on about "it's so much better, isn't it???"  Yeah, I guess it's a little better. Now shut up about it.

It's like listening to two health nuts talk about how far they jog every day... oh I'm sorry - "run."    :rolleyes:

 

Smokers and joggers can eat sh*t.  Sorry, it had to be said.

Here's an idea, don't read the posts about smokers if they bother you

It takes a special kind of a$$hole to come into a thread titled "Entry Level Smoker" and complain about people posting about smokers.

HTH

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

I'm sure all the smokers here are great dudes, but here's a tip from us guys who don't want to spend 6+ cooking - we also hate hearing you idiots talk to each other about your smokers and going on about "it's so much better, isn't it???"  Yeah, I guess it's a little better. Now shut up about it.

It's like listening to two health nuts talk about how far they jog every day... oh I'm sorry - "run."    :rolleyes:

 

Smokers and joggers can eat sh*t.  Sorry, it had to be said.

There are things/topics I don't care about, have no use for  - beer snobs, political bickering, UFC, WWE and NASCAR come to mind... But I don't jump into their threads telling them to eat shiit.... Nobody hijacked a thread here, all this smoker talk is contained to a dedicated thread - by those of us who do enjoy the labor of smoking cooks.

Why the hate? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your wife is doing a fine job for a beginner.  Practice makes perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cruzer said:

There are things/topics I don't care about, have no use for  - beer snobs, political bickering, UFC, WWE and NASCAR come to mind... But I don't jump into their threads telling them to eat shiit.... Nobody hijacked a thread here, all this smoker talk is contained to a dedicated thread - by those of us who do enjoy the labor of smoking cooks.

Why the hate? 

Post whatever ya want.   My point was while sitting around eating with friends... keep the "smoker" talk to a min.  Just a helpful tip.  :)

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Post whatever ya want.   My point was while sitting around eating with friends... keep the "smoker" talk to a min.  Just a helpful tip.  :)

That's like going to a ballgame and keeping the "baseball" talk to a min..

Anyone attending a bbq at my house, or anywhere else for that matter, is prolly all about smoker talk - chat away.

Just a helpful tip. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

Anyone attending a bbq at my house, or anywhere else for that matter, is prolly all about smoker talk - chat away

Cruzer and me at the bbq.

 

"Tastes better because I spent 6+ hours smoking, right?"  - I guess.

"I used misquote wood chips because it adds flavor.  It's great isn't it?"  - it's ok.

"Next time I'm gonna use different flavored wood chips."  - cool.

"Ya know I can smoke pork butts or just about any kind of meat too." - I gotta go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Meglamaniac said:

Here's an idea, don't read the posts about smokers if they bother you

It takes a special kind of a$$hole to come into a thread titled "Entry Level Smoker" and complain about people posting about smokers.

HTH

All you focks and your fantasy foosball chat....It needs to stop. Oh wait. This is a fantasy football website? Huh, go figure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Cruzer and me at the bbq.

 

"Tastes better because I spent 6+ hours smoking, right?"  - I guess.

"I used misquote wood chips because it adds flavor.  It's great isn't it?"  - it's ok.

"Next time I'm gonna use different flavored wood chips."  - cool.

"Ya know I can smoke pork butts or just about any kind of meat too." - I gotta go.

Me: Hey everyone, Gobbs left.

Remaining bbq peeps: Finally!

:D

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

"I used misquote wood chips because it adds flavor.  It's great isn't it?"  - it's ok.

Do you get those by printing off pages of the Geek Bored and throwing them into the fire?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2020 at 12:35 AM, Hawkeye21 said:

From what I’ve been reading, Rectec is superior to Traeger now. Heard good things about Grilla Grills too. 

I’ve seen the recheck and like their build quality. The attraction to the Traeger for me is the ironwood is built similar and much better than the Traeger pro models and I can buy one assembled . Rectrc is a wait for delivery and assemble myself deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Fantasy said:

I’ve seen the recheck and like their build quality. The attraction to the Traeger for me is the ironwood is built similar and much better than the Traeger pro models and I can buy one assembled . Rectrc is a wait for delivery and assemble myself deal

Doesn’t look like I’ll be getting any grill any time soon. Just had to replace my water softener and got the bill for my daughter’s ER visit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×