Big Guy

Philthy Tanked it!

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

It looked like they did 

You'd think so. 7 wins is a miserable job though

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

I don’t hate the Giants. The only reason I’m talking about them is their coach and many fans are butt hurt that Philly tanked Week 17. 

There is no doubt the Eagles will be bad next season. Like 4-6 win bad.

I hate the Eagles, have most of my life.  I actually rooted for them in the SB though, because I also hate the Patriots, and have quite a few Eagles fans as friends that are actually good people and I wanted them to experience a SB victory, and that was a likeable team back then.

Now I'm full on hatred again LOL

Comparing drafting Wentz and drafting Barkley is one of the dumber things I’ve seen. Let me know when the giants trade up to get Barkley and then make him one of the highest paid players in the game for years to come. Apples and a-holes. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Comparing drafting Wentz and drafting Barkley is one of the dumber things I’ve seen. Let me know when the giants trade up to get Barkley and then make him one of the highest paid players in the game for years to come. Apples and a-holes. 

MDC isn't very good at trolling.

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

MDC isn't very good at trolling.

That’s not true.

I’ve had a few posters on the hook for years. :lol: 

I could give a rat's ass about the NFC East.  One stat that caught my attention, however, was that Redskins went 4-1 with Alex Smith? If that's accurate then Washington is better than their 7-9 record suggests.

I'm actually kinda pulling for them as Alex Smith's comeback from injury is a great story.  He should be a lock for comeback player of the year. When do they award that anyways? 

Meant to bump this thread.

Had the Eagles beaten the Skins, they would be picking 9 overall. Instead they got the 6th, traded back to 12 and picked up the Dolphins 2022 first rounder along with swapping their 5th for MIA’s 4th.

The fans got a surprisingly competitive WFT / Bucs game and the Eagles ended up getting another first rounder just for tanking a totally inconsequential game and stocking it to that meathead clown Judge and the Gints.

And kept WFT out of striking distance of a QB.

:pointstosky: 

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Had the Eagles beaten the Skins, they would be picking 9 overall. Instead they got the 6th, traded back to 12 and picked up the Dolphins 2022 first rounder along with swapping their 5th for MIA’s 4th.

The fans got a surprisingly competitive WFT / Bucs game and the Eagles ended up getting another first rounder just for tanking a totally inconsequential game and stocking it to that meathead clown Judge and the Gints.

🐮 Mmmmmoooooooo....

Lost in all of it is they weren't going to win that game anyway.  History has turned this into something it wasn't. 

I love how the narrative changed from "We tanked to get that #6 pick to take a WR for Wentz" to "We tanked to trade the pick for more picks".

Also Pederson is not your coach anymore.  I'm sure he doesn't give a fock about screwing over the Giants.

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Lost in all of it is they weren't going to win that game anyway.  History has turned this into something it wasn't. 

Probably. But it’s fun to see the bedwetters get all bent out of torque anyway. Teams tank in every sport every single year.

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Probably. But it’s fun to see the bedwetters get all bent out of torque anyway. Teams tank in every sport every single year.

The biggest winner from the whole scenario was Hurts.  He didn't get hurt in a meaningless game and no one seems to remember that his weaknesses as a passer were on full display. 

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

The biggest winner from the whole scenario was Hurts.  He didn't get hurt in a meaningless game and no one seems to remember that his weaknesses as a passer were on full display. 

I doubt he’s the answer long-term but Hurts is under contract for around $1.5m over the next 3 years. He’s a really good athlete and by all reports an extremely hard worker and coach able. I’m totally okay with giving him the reigns for a year. Eagles will be bad next season regardless.

The Eagles dynasty worried about a team that hasn’t had a winning season since 2016 and one in the last 10 years. Lol. That’s the mark of losers. 

Just now, MDC said:

I doubt he’s the answer long-term but Hurts is under contract for around $1.5m over the next 3 years. He’s a really good athlete and by all reports an extremely hard worker and coach able. I’m totally okay with giving him the reigns for a year. Eagles will be bad next season regardless.

I won't judge Hurts by last season.  His upside could be Lamar Jackson. 

One of Philly's goals this season is to find out if Miles Sanders can haul the load.  Without him, no QB will prosper. 

12 hours ago, MDC said:

there is zero honor in tanking 

y'all should kill yourselves

6 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

there is zero honor in tanking 

y'all should kill yourselves

True. I remember when the Patriots were undefeated going into the last game. Giants showed up and game them a game. They had nothing to gain. 

• Like 1

The philly "tanking" non story sure gets the NFL off the hook for forcing Denver and Baltimore to send out minor league squads earlier in the year.  

26 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

The philly "tanking" non story sure gets the NFL off the hook for forcing Denver and Baltimore to send out minor league squads earlier in the year.  

For real. Or the Jags shutting down their starting QB for a month. Or all the talking heads ridiculing the Jets for winning a game late in the season. 

But the Eagles are supposed to try to win a game that had no consequence at all except keeping a shiit Giants team out of the postseason. GTFO.

14 minutes ago, MDC said:

For real. Or the Jags shutting down their starting QB for a month. Or all the talking heads ridiculing the Jets for winning a game late in the season. 

But the Eagles are supposed to try to win a game that had no consequence at all except keeping a shiit Giants team out of the postseason. GTFO.

I can't wait to see your reaction when Wentz is benched late in the season to ensure philly gets a 2 instead of a 1 :lol:

9 minutes ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

I can't wait to see your reaction when Wentz is benched late in the season to ensure philly gets a 2 instead of a 1 :lol:

That'll show em not to dump their junk on you.  After Wentz, I mean. 

9 minutes ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

It won’t matter, he had to leave anyway. Getting his contract off the books was more valuable than the picks. :cheers: 

Dummies still think the salary cap is real.  Lol.