Herbivore

Freedoms

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

All I can say is there is a massive nationwide revolt being organized and its happening right now on Parler.  They are getting ready as we speak.  And there is absolutely no way to stop it now.

These people are going to take over the country and fix everything?

5 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

All I can say is there is a massive nationwide revolt being organized and its happening right now on Parler.  They are getting ready as we speak.  And there is absolutely no way to stop it now.

:reported: :ninja: 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I agree with that but it's their platform and they can do what they want with it.  That doesn't take away our freedoms.  That's why there are other social media outlets.  If people don't like the one then go use the other.

Let me ask you this.  Let's say that I don't like the way Facebook is being run.  I got kicked off because what I posted... wasn't illegal, but goes against what Facebook (angry liberals), believe in.  So I say, screw this... I'm going to make my own version of Facebook.  So, I spend my time and money getting it going... then when do, some user posts something that angry liberals don't like.  They send me something to the effect to which I should take it down.  To which I simply say that it's an open format to where people can express their thoughts.  Their thoughts weren't illegal, so I'm leaving it.  They then put smear campaigns together to make businesses not want to advertise on my platform.  In the end, I can't make enough money and I have to shut down.

Now, did the government make any laws preventing me from setting this up?  Nope.  But, did I really lose my freedom to run my business the way I wanted to?  Yes.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Let me ask you this.  Let's say that I don't like the way Facebook is being run.  I got kicked off because what I posted... wasn't illegal, but goes against what Facebook (angry liberals), believe in.  So I say, screw this... I'm going to make my own version of Facebook.  So, I spend my time and money getting it going... then when do, some user posts something that angry liberals don't like.  They send me something to the effect to which I should take it down.  To which I simply say that it's an open format to where people can express their thoughts.  Their thoughts weren't illegal, so I'm leaving it.  They then put smear campaigns together to make businesses not want to advertise on my platform.  In the end, I can't make enough money and I have to shut down.

Now, did the government make any laws preventing me from setting this up?  Nope.  But, did I really lose my freedom to run my business the way I wanted to?  Yes.

Sounds a lot like capitalism to me.  If someone is running a smear campaign or going out of their way to ruin you then you can sue them.

I've been wanting to get on Parler for weeks now but I can't sign up. I downloaded the app but it sits on my phone unused. I think the problem is that I live in China. Either the CCP blocked the phone verification from coming though or Parler won't send it.

I guess it's supposed to be a Twitter alternative but I wouldn't know, I can't get in.

14 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

My understanding is that alternative media sites are growing. Bitchute just reached it's donation goal a few weeks ago. Parler, which I just said in the previous post thatI can't get in :wall: has supposedly grown greatly in the last couple of months as well.

That's not to say that you're wrong, I see this how Big Tech operates.  Tiwtter calls you racist, bans users that say you're not.  Some payment processor run by transgender ponies will happily shut you down if they get a call from Facebook to do so. One hand washes the other in Big Tech. I just wonder if the gears are shifting and you have any insight to share on that.

8 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I've been wanting to get on Parler for weeks now but I can't sign up. I downloaded the app but it sits on my phone unused. I think the problem is that I live in China. Either the CCP blocked the phone verification from coming though or Parler won't send it.

I guess it's supposed to be a Twitter alternative but I wouldn't know, I can't get in.

It's basically far right twitter.  An echo chamber and safe place for those who wish to share their extreme views.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It's basically far right twitter.  An echo chamber and safe place for those who wish to share their extreme views.

So basically the GC only without moderates like you and me? 😂 

1 hour ago, Herbivore said:

One thing that keeps being repeated by the Right is that they are losing their freedoms.  Are freedoms are being taken away!  What freedoms have been taken away?  Any lefty example of this is welcomed as well.

Freedom of speech....freedom from discrimination now that being white male is bad, freedom of using whatever pronoun I want.  Freedom to not have lgbtqrst pushed down mine and my kids throats every time I turn on the internet or tv.  Freedom support the candidate of choice without being verbally assaulted, Freedom to honest elections.  Freedom to honest news sources.  

My fingers are tired...too many to list

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Sounds a lot like capitalism to me.  If someone is running a smear campaign or going out of their way to ruin you then you can sue them.

That sounds like capitalism to you?  Then you need to learn more about capitalism.  Bullying and threatening is NOT what capitalism is.  I can't sue someone who calls me a racist and/or misogynist and/or sexist, etc.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

So basically the GC only without moderates like you and me? 😂 

I have a feeling it's very similar to here.  I assume there are people who are not far right and just go there for entertainment purposes.  I'm sure some are there instigating.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That sounds like capitalism to you?  Then you need to learn more about capitalism.  Bullying and threatening is NOT what capitalism is.  I can't sue someone who calls me a racist and/or misogynist and/or sexist, etc.

That has gone on in the business world forever.  The only difference now is that we have social media and it's much easier to reach people.  Businesses have run smear campaigns against their competitors ever since there we have had businesses.  That's human nature.

30 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

These people are going to take over the country and fix everything?

No.  The nation will be destroyed.  I have no idea what will replace it.  Things will probably get worse.  My advice continues to be get a passport and leave the nation.  Obviously you've never read a post of mine before if you don't know this response.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Which of those freedoms have actually been taken away though?

Poster on here say whatever they want all the time.

No freedom of religion has been taken away that I know of.

No guns have been taken away and they won't be taken away.

Is defunding the police a violation of our freedoms?

I don't think anything has changed with our freedom to assemble.  Stop rioting.

JFC! You wait until they're taken to fight for them?  Not shocking from you.

• Like 1

Just now, Fireballer said:

JFC! You wait until they're taken to fight for them?  Not shocking from you.

I don't think they're being taken from me.  Why would I be concerned?

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That has gone on in the business world forever.  The only difference now is that we have social media and it's much easier to reach people.  Businesses have run smear campaigns against their competitors ever since there we have had businesses.  That's human nature.

Just no hope for you.  That's ok.  Can't reach everyone.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Just a differing a opinion, that's all.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't think they're being taken from me.  Why would I be concerned?

Like I said, not shocking from the guy with his head in the sand.  You can't see it from your house, so why worry?  

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Dude couldn't see people in San Fran sh!tting on the streets, needles, from Iowa, so why worry?

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Beats me. I have not seen any new legislation that would suggest there are issues with "freedoms" from a legal/governmental standpoint.

Cancel culture seems to have an awful lot of power, maybe that is what people mean?

This has merit.  I think cancel culture as a whole is going to have a short shelf life.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

There's an infestation of Marxist ideology on college campuses now. I mean, it was there when I went to school too but they were fringe wackos with a booth in the Student Center that most would ignore (not me, I would engage in conversation with them if I had time and felt like giving it a go) as well as a few professors who were easy As. The liberals always tolerated them... and I don't blame them for that. I'm not pro-censorship, as I said, I talked to them myself. But apparently they spread and spread since then and now they're taking over. The grievance studies fields are full of them, they just spread into different fields, choke out the liberals who just wilt as they have no immunity or spine to stand up, and now the freaks take over and they do not have the same dedication to free speech and tolerance as the liberals do. 

That's why so many dimbulb millennials go off to college and come back sounding like AOC.

Try being a cis-gendered white male trying to teach real history in a college campus and see how far that gets you. It's all "diversity and inclusion" and fake history now. 

My boy is 25, went college in Boston, he is not like this, nor any of his friends.  Not saying it doesnt happen for some, just not all.  Respectfully, your awareness of things in the US is skewed.

52 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I never did get on Twitter or Facebook. Not because I objected to them, as this was before their reputation of being censorious left wing hacks kicked in. Instead, because I'm a complete and utter tech moron. It is their reputation as censorious left wing hacks from transgender lalaland that is keeping me off now though  and so I'm wondering what's going on. Parler was where everyone was going so I wanted to give it a try but failed. Me and technology do not get along. I get a headache trying something new, after a while take an aspirin, then after another while I realize I'm too stoopid for this as usual and give up.

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

I never did get on Twitter or Facebook. Not because I objected to them, as this was before their reputation of being censorious left wing hacks kicked in. Instead, because I'm a complete and utter tech moron. It is their reputation as censorious left wing hacks from transgender that is keeping me off now and so I'm wondering what's going on. Parler was where everyone was going so I wanted to give it a try but failed. Me and technology do not get along. I get a headache trying something new, after a while take an aspirin, then after another while I realize I'm too stoopid for this as usual and give up.

I like Facebook for the groups.  If anyone has a hobby then you can find a Facebook group for it.  I mostly join fishing groups and that's 95% of my usage on there.  There are groups for just about every interest and most keep politics out.

For Twitter, I mostly use it for following sports writers, fantasy football analysts, sports betting and some news.

I rarely post on social media except for in the fishing groups that are private.  I don't talk politics on social media.

44 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Freedom of speech....freedom from discrimination now that being white male is bad, freedom of using whatever pronoun I want.  Freedom to not have lgbtqrst pushed down mine and my kids throats every time I turn on the internet or tv.  Freedom support the candidate of choice without being verbally assaulted, Freedom to honest elections.  Freedom to honest news sources.  

My fingers are tired...too many to list

you have freedom of speech.  30 years ago IceT said you have freedom of speech, but watch what you say..applied the, applies now.  The others are not freedoms.  Freedom to not have...thats ridiculous.

29 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

you have freedom of speech.  30 years ago IceT said you have freedom of speech, but watch what you say..applied the, applies now.  The others are not freedoms.  Freedom to not have...thats ridiculous.

Then what were the summer protests about?

35 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I am not sure the threat you mention when one wants to speak their mind is a demonstration of "freedom", and I expect people to be able to say what they want, that is why I served this nation to preserve that.....