Mike Isles

***Happy Football Day Divisional Round***

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Good call on those two. I might use him as well. Only two guys out of 9 did yesterday. I think everyone has used Allen at this point, which means there should be 7 on Mahomes which means I’m going to gamble on the other games QB losing if so. Probably take Brady. 

I just can't see Rodgers being denied again and then there's that no home team has ever hosted and played in the SB but then again it's still the 2020 season.

I did say to a friend yesterday that IF it ends up being KC/Pack we may very well see our first Vegas SB points total in the 60's.

Good luck.

Can't ever remember worse QB play in the divisional round of the NFL. Brutal.  I guess that's what you get when you have no training camp, little practice at times and a forced product for most of the year. Sure there were some great games. A ton of great games. Just not great QB

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

Can't ever remember worse QB play in the divisional round of the NFL. Brutal.  I guess that's what you get when you have no training camp, little practice at times and a forced product for most of the year. Sure there were some great games. A ton of great games. Just not great QB

Mayfield wilted. Spends half the clock in the huddle and then gets to the line and calls time out. I’m convinced that Brady and  Bellicheck weren’t geniuses. They just weren’t morons. And Andy Reid calling that option play. If he did that against a competent team and lost they would be calling for his head.  Instead he’s a genius for going for it on 4 and 1. Never should have come to that. 

17 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Ok thats fine.  I dont see the luck stuff though.  So if the Browns win that game yet had that almost TD turned into a touchback.  Under your data it would go down as a 1 score game with the Browns being lucky?

The Chiefs lost their MVP QB and won a 1 score game.  Were they lucky to have lost their QB?   

I dont get it? Yes close games can be decided by luck.  Many times the teams that caught bad luck win anyway.   Thr data is all over over the place when it comes to close gamea and getting bailed out by luck.

If the Browns won, they were lucky Mahomes got knocked out of the game.
The Chiefs were lucky to survive losing Mahomes. The Chiefs lost the second half 14-3 but just barely hung on really.

Mayfield wilted. Spends half the clock in the huddle and then gets to the line and calls time out. I’m convinced that Brady and  Bellicheck weren’t geniuses. They just weren’t morons. And Andy Reid calling that option play. If he did that against a competent team and lost they would be calling for his head.  Instead he’s a genius for going for it. Never should have come to that. 

I've always know that BB was no genius. Just a great coach that knew how to prepare his team. How many times did we see the other team melt against BB/TB and make dumb plays/penalties and dumb times?

I think Reid is a moron for running that play. Was only 11:15 on the clock and they had no TOs. Buffoon. I don't care if it worked. 

Mayfield wilted. Spends half the clock in the huddle and then gets to the line and calls time out. I’m convinced that Brady and  Bellicheck weren’t geniuses. They just weren’t morons. And Andy Reid calling that option play. If he did that against a competent team and lost they would be calling for his head.  Instead he’s a genius for going for it on 4 and 1. Never should have come to that. 

One stat that never gets covered is interceptions dropped.  I've seen some playoff games where I counted and Brady would have like 3 interceptions outright dropped by the defense.  And then the Patriots defense would catch every single interception the other team threw.  Brady feels really lucky to me.

Just now, JustinCharge said:

If the Browns won, they were lucky Mahomes got knocked out of the game.
The Chiefs were lucky to survive losing Mahomes. The Chiefs lost the second half 14-3 but just barely hung on really.

So basically a net nothing burger.  Both teams got unlucky.  1 team had to win.  

If Mahomes doesnt get hurt and their kicker is able to make chip shot kicks...they win by 14 plus even if the guy gets in at the endzone for the Browns. 

Browns didnt belong there.  Their defense is atrocious and they have a few highly drafted defenders.

23 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

So basically a net nothing burger.  Both teams got unlucky.  1 team had to win.  

If Mahomes doesnt get hurt and their kicker is able to make chip shot kicks...they win by 14 plus even if the guy gets in at the endzone for the Browns. 

Browns didnt belong there.  Their defense is atrocious and they have a few highly drafted defenders.

14 teams in NFL playoffs this year.

Chefs and Packers and Bills are the only 3 that belong.  The NFL as a whole was atrocious this year. The Browns, Redskins and Bucs made the playoffs. Enough said there

If I had to use 1 stat to identify bad teams, its teams that win the turnover battle and still lose.  Teams that win the turnover battle are 5-1 in these playoffs.  The loser is the Bears.  I had to edit this because the scoring had the turnovers on Chiefs-Browns all mixed up.

Considering most NFL players and many of the coaches are morons, not being a moron is a huge advantage. How is it that they can’t, at this level still not manage the clock? It’s not that difficult, yet you can see it done wrong in multiple games every week. I see QB’s snapping the ball with a two score lead late with 7-8 seconds on the clock all the time. Coaches calling running plays when they should be passing and Vice-versa. Why would Reid call that ridiculous option play with the Browns stacking the box? He deserves to pay for that. Mind blowing. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Considering most NFL players and many of the coaches are morons, not being a moron is a huge advantage. How is it that they can’t, at this level still not manage the clock? It’s not that difficult, yet you can see it done wrong in multiple games every week. I see QB’s snapping the ball with a two score lead late with 7-8 seconds on the clock all the time. Coaches calling running plays when they should be passing and Vice-versa. Why would Reid call that ridiculous option play with the Browns stacking the box? He deserves to pay for that. Mind blowing. 

Belichick isn't really good at managing that stuff either.  He specifically hired Ernie Adams who is some sort of nerd savant to sit in the booth and yell at Belichick on what to do next.  Everyone needs a pocket nerd to handle that stuff and to know to actually take the advice even if they think its nuts.

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

Belichick isn't really good at managing that stuff either.  He specifically hired Ernie Adams who is some sort of nerd savant to sit in the booth and yell at Belichick on what to do next.

See? Not a moron. Herm Edwards did the same thing. But I think he hired a moron. 2 morons equals disaster. Don’t hire a football person. Hire a smart person. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

See? Not a moron. Herm Edwards did the same thing. But I think he hired a moron. 2 morons equals disaster. Don’t hire a football person. Hire a smart person. 

Actually what usually happens is even if someone is self-aware enough to hire a pocket nerd, they fail to overcome their emotions and start rejecting the sterling advice they are getting and instead start personally attacking the guy as a weirdo. 

Most people are so effed in the head.  All they need to do to get ahead in life is cooperate a little and stop attacking others all the damn time.

46 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And this is where my conspiracy theories kick in especially when I look at the Vegas odds and totals.

KC is very fortunate that they got Cleveland yesterday. Any of the other AFC teams beat them, including Pitt and Indy. Covid and the expanded playoffs saved them. 

15 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

How ? I’m in 

Blessing in a backpack is the cause.  Im not sure I havent donated to that one.  

But here is one Josh Norman put together fot Buffalo small businesses before barstool even.  And I love qhat barstool has done.  But this one has lagged behind with a lack of coverage.

https://starz24.org/buffalobusinessblitz/