Sign in to follow this  
Rusty Syringes

[** Official Kittah Thread **]

15 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

I provided you with a bullet-proof "rescue" definition, straight from Merriam-Webster, which even mentions animals. 

You're no more qualified to redefine the word than you are trying to squeeze facts out of phony information.

WINNER: RUSTY!

:first::first::first::first::first::first::first::first::first::first::first:

You should  look up Cuck 

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You should  look up Cuck 

You must have been elbow-deep in your comedic man purse to come up with that witty zinger.

:overhead:

43 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

You must have been elbow-deep in your comedic man purse to come up with that witty zinger.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You should  look up Cuck 

Was this rusty rescuing a cat!!!???

Oh, no. Rusty just "rescues" cats by collecting them like I used to "rescue" baseball cards when I was a kid.

New York cops save dog, cat from burning house after escaping children tell them pets were inside

A pair of New York police officers saved a cat and dog from a burning house Friday after two children escaping the flames told them their pets were trapped inside.

Officers Sergio Rivera and James Galanos arrived at a burning home at 3 Oak Street in Central Islip, N.Y., around 3 p.m. and encountered two boys, 11 and 13, fleeing out the front door, according to the Suffolk County Police Department.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-cops-save-dog-cat-from-fire

14 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ha! Yeah. I’ve noticed. Lol. Thanks for the laugh though. 

Are you denying that most people think you’re a toolbag? This could be a learning experience for you. It’s time to soften up those hard edges. 💋

• Haha 1

A Tribute to Bob

Bob landed on the euthanasia list in Wichita, Kans., after a shelter stint with no one wanting to give him his forever home.
With his matted hair, crusty eyes and a constant pus flow from his nose, this grisly, diseased old cat had little in the way of adoption chances.
That was until my wife spotted him on a Facebook animal-rescue page and felt a calling to spare the poor guy from the lethal needle.
It was December 2020, and off on the seven-hour drive to Wichita we went, with me present with the understanding that we'd bring back two cats, just in case Bob died on the way home, rendering the journey in vain.
Bob not only survived the trip, he lived more than a year before succumbing last night to his irreversible health issues. He died peacefully in his sleep in a comfortable, makeshift hospice ward set up in a guest bathroom.
Bob suffered from FIV, the feline equivalent of HIV. Cats transmit FIV during brawls in which deep puncture wounds are inflicted.
He was already close to end-stage FIV when we picked up him - and an adorable kitten we named Tracy - at the Wichita shelter and brought them home.
The cute and irresistible Tracy quickly got adopted, but for Bob, his forever-home journey ended with us.
Aggressive medical treatment at the vet miraculously improved Bob's condition, but only to the point of giving him improved quality of life for a brief time.
Bob, who nibbled ankles for attention, proved to be an amusing joy to have around. He had a plodding, purposeful walk when he wanted to get from Point A to B and even engaged in playful chasing with other cats, with whom he couldn't keep up. But it was hilarious that he tried.
Bob had a velociraptor-in-a-teapot hiss when riled and could not be denied once he picked a lap to sit on at night on the couch. Sometimes he sneezed and sent pus flying, and his nose required frequent wiping. He likely had one non-working eye, and if you caught his handsome working eye from the right angle in the right light, it conveyed a sense of wisdom and experience.
Bob's age was unknown, but the best guess put it at 15.
In October 2021, a similar but younger female cat found herself in the Wichita shelter, so we brought Babs into our home as an "arranged marriage" with Bob. Babs also has FIV but is frisky and in far better health than Bob was with us.
Bob's health declined rapidly in recent weeks. He became slow and ate little, but he still purred when petted and wasn't suffering.
The wife and I made sure to pet Bob and say goodbye before we left Wednesday afternoon for a quick out-of-town. Usually we spend the night, but my wife has uncanny intuitiveness and suspected Bob would be gone by the time we arrived home.
He had taken his last breath just as we returned at midnight.
Most of the foster cats we've lost in the past go to the vet for disposal, but I'm going to build a proper coffin for him and bury him in the woods behind our home.
During his 13 months with us, Bob experienced love, kindness, attention and care, something he perhaps never experienced in the unknown life he led before landing in the Wichita shelter.
It underscores the often bittersweet nature of rescue and foster work, but we were blessed and grateful to have Bob in our lives and are at peace with him crossing the rainbow bridge.
Happy tails, Bob. You'll always have a special place in our hearts.
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:
A Tribute to Bob

Bob landed on the euthanasia list in Wichita, Kans., after a shelter stint with no one wanting to give him his forever home.
With his matted hair, crusty eyes and a constant pus flow from his nose, this grisly, diseased old cat had little in the way of adoption chances.
That was until my wife spotted him on a Facebook animal-rescue page and felt a calling to spare the poor guy from the lethal needle.
It was December 2020, and off on the seven-hour drive to Wichita we went, with me present with the understanding that we'd bring back two cats, just in case Bob died on the way home, rendering the journey in vain.
Bob not only survived the trip, he lived more than a year before succumbing last night to his irreversible health issues. He died peacefully in his sleep in a comfortable, makeshift hospice ward set up in a guest bathroom.
Bob suffered from FIV, the feline equivalent of HIV. Cats transmit FIV during brawls in which deep puncture wounds are inflicted.
He was already close to end-stage FIV when we picked up him - and an adorable kitten we named Tracy - at the Wichita shelter and brought them home.
The cute and irresistible Tracy quickly got adopted, but for Bob, his forever-home journey ended with us.
Aggressive medical treatment at the vet miraculously improved Bob's condition, but only to the point of giving him improved quality of life for a brief time.
Bob, who nibbled ankles for attention, proved to be an amusing joy to have around. He had a plodding, purposeful walk when he wanted to get from Point A to B and even engaged in playful chasing with other cats, with whom he couldn't keep up. But it was hilarious that he tried.
Bob had a velociraptor-in-a-teapot hiss when riled and could not be denied once he picked a lap to sit on at night on the couch. Sometimes he sneezed and sent pus flying, and his nose required frequent wiping. He likely had one non-working eye, and if you caught his handsome working eye from the right angle in the right light, it conveyed a sense of wisdom and experience.
Bob's age was unknown, but the best guess put it at 15.
In October 2021, a similar but younger female cat found herself in the Wichita shelter, so we brought Babs into our home as an "arranged marriage" with Bob. Babs also has FIV but is frisky and in far better health than Bob was with us.
Bob's health declined rapidly in recent weeks. He became slow and ate little, but he still purred when petted and wasn't suffering.
The wife and I made sure to pet Bob and say goodbye before we left Wednesday afternoon for a quick out-of-town. Usually we spend the night, but my wife has uncanny intuitiveness and suspected Bob would be gone by the time we arrived home.
He had taken his last breath just as we returned at midnight.
Most of the foster cats we've lost in the past go to the vet for disposal, but I'm going to build a proper coffin for him and bury him in the woods behind our home.
During his 13 months with us, Bob experienced love, kindness, attention and care, something he perhaps never experienced in the unknown life he led before landing in the Wichita shelter.
It underscores the often bittersweet nature of rescue and foster work, but we were blessed and grateful to have Bob in our lives and are at peace with him crossing the rainbow bridge.
Happy tails, Bob. You'll always have a special place in our hearts.

ghey.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/6/2021 at 3:49 PM, Utilit99 said:

:lol: I love the slow motion take on this one.

Cars have california plates.  Street signs are blue.  The church he drives past is Alum Rock xxxxxx Church.  I checked san jose but no match and street signs in Alum Rock are green.

On 2/6/2021 at 1:57 PM, Fireballer said:

Whats the oldest cat anyone here has had?  I have one thats 17.

Seventeen. VooDoo. 

On 1/28/2022 at 12:56 AM, BunnysBastatrds said:

Seventeen. VooDoo. 

Some of the fosters we've had were super old. One of them, Falkor, was at least 17. 

He was set for euthanasia at the Arlington, Texor, shelter. His health was up and down the five weeks we had. He started going downhill, so we ran him down to the vet school at A&M, where he wound up dying in my wife's arms in the examination room.

He had some cancer around his eye and suffered from stomatitis.

We set up a fund page for him and raised $3,000 for the non-profit. We offered to return the money after Falkor died, but no one wanted back their money.

There was something special about this cat. He raised awareness for the non-profit, raised $3,000 and became a valuable research subject for the Aggie vet school.

It took a few weeks, but the vet school got back to us and said it was histoplasmosis spread throughout his body.

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Talk about pvssies. Liberals identify. 

A man's character is defined by helping others with nothing to gain for himself but the satisfaction of his actions. 

A real man doesn't take amusement in animals getting hurt or killed.

A real man harbors empathy, sensitivity and selflessness.

You must have had one sorry childhood to have arrived at your point of emotional immaturity, ignorance and sociopathic posturing.

You're a train wreck that's not worth watching, which is why I largely ignore you, but you really should get some therapy. Perhaps a therapist could help you develop empathy and a sense of humor.

8 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

A man's character is defined by helping others with nothing to gain for himself but the satisfaction of his actions. 

You must have had one sorry childhood to have arrived at your point of emotional immaturity, ignorance and sociopathic posturing.

You're a train wreck that's not worth watching, which is why I largely ignore you, but you really should get some therapy. Perhaps a therapist could help you develop empathy and a sense of humor.

:lol:

3 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

What kind of childhood did you have where you give more to the well being of cats than you do to people? PS: You’re not helping cats as a whole by doing what you do. None of you jackasses are. Supply and demand goober, supply and demand. 

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What kind of childhood did you have where you give more to the well being of cats than you do to people? PS: You’re not helping cats as a whole by doing what you do. None of you jackasses are. Supply and demand goober, supply and demand. 

I volunteer or have volunteered with non-profit groups that help abused and neglected children, mentally retarded adults, shut-in seniors and the food bank. I'm not helping to stop child abuse as a whole, help mentally retarded adults as a whole, ensuring that shut-seniors get hot meals as a whole, ending hunger as a whole and ending cat abuse, neglect or homelessness as a whole, but I'm doing my part to help one human here or one cat there. 

Wow us with what you do to help anything as a whole, other than helping yourself as a whole look like a total jackass. 

:first:

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I volunteer or have volunteered with non-profit groups that help abused and neglected children, mentally retarded adults, shut-in seniors and the food bank. I'm not helping to stop child abuse as a whole, help mentally retarded adults as a whole, ensuring that shut-seniors get hot meals as a whole, ending hunger as whole and ending cat abuse, neglect or homelessness as a whole, but I'm doing my part to help one human here or one cat there. 

Wow us with what you do to help anything as a whole, other than helping yourself as a whole look like a total jackass. 

I’ve done and do plenty. I just don’t feel the need to constantly Virtue signal. You people are the embodiment of the question, “If people that run marathons couldn’t talk about it, would they still do it?” I have a shelter dog. BFD. I also don’t like it, but because I’m not an a-hole, I’m not going to send it back. People like you let the a-holes that do that off the hook. If it weren’t so easy to get rid of a dog or cat people wouldn’t be so quick to get one in the first place, and there would be less dogs and cats and the other ones would lead a better life in good homes that would care for them. Instead there is a never ending cycle of abandoned and uncared for animals. Supply and demand. Cut the supply and the dogs in demand, real demand, not someone who gets one on a whim, will live a much happier life and there would be less need to euthanize them. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. 

17 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I volunteer or have volunteered with non-profit groups that help abused and neglected children, mentally retarded adults, shut-in seniors and the food bank. I'm not helping to stop child abuse as a whole, help mentally retarded adults as a whole, ensuring that shut-seniors get hot meals as a whole, ending hunger as a whole and ending cat abuse, neglect or homelessness as a whole, but I'm doing my part to help one human here or one cat there. 

Is that what you call posting here?

31 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

:lol:

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Is that what you call posting here?

It's what I call owning this ignorant clown. You want some, buttpickle? 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’ve done and do plenty. I just don’t feel the need to constantly Virtue signal. You people are the embodiment of the question, “If people that run marathons couldn’t talk about it, would they still do it?” I have a shelter dog. BFD. I also don’t like it, but because I’m not an a-hole, I’m not going to send it back. People like you let the a-holes that do that off the hook. If it weren’t so easy to get rid of a dog or cat people wouldn’t be so quick to get one in the first place, and there would be less dogs and cats and the other ones would lead a better life in good homes that would care for them. Instead there is a never ending cycle of abandoned and uncared for animals. Supply and demand. Cut the supply and the dogs in demand, real demand, not someone who gets one on a whim, will live a much happier life and there would be less need to euthanize them. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. 

😂