Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Old School

MLB Opening Day- any locks?

Recommended Posts

okay...MLB baseball.

Are there really any locks in a single baseball game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:banana: :banana: :banana:

 

got the brooms out today$#!@#!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

 

got the brooms out today$#!@#!

Yeah, beating up on the team with the worst record is baseball (7-15) sure is a toughie...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, posty said:

Yeah, beating up on the team with the worst record is baseball (7-15) sure is a toughie...

yeah because the 20 game sample size and best record in the league just doesn't mean anything :bench:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

yeah because the 20 game sample size and best record in the league just doesn't mean anything :bench:

Hmm...  Dodgers have a .682 winning percentage and the Royals have a .650 winning percentage...  Math must be different in the plain states...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, posty said:

Hmm...  Dodgers have a .682 winning percentage and the Royals have a .650 winning percentage...  Math must be different in the plain states...

sorry, I guess I should have clarified to say "American" league :mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cmh6476 said:

sorry, I guess I should have clarified to say "American" league :mellow:

I know that is what you mean, just doing what I do best, being an ass...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that's a 4-game sweep :banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, posty said:

I know that is what you mean, just doing what I do best, being an ass...

Word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hitting in the majors is just awful this year at .232...  Almost 1,000 more strikeouts than hits?

Awful, just awful...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, posty said:

Hitting in the majors is just awful this year at .232...  Almost 1,000 more strikeouts than hits?

Awful, just awful...

Good thing they don't let pitchers hit anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Good thing they don't let pitchers hit anymore

They still are DH-free in the NL...  Thank God...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, posty said:

Hmm...  Dodgers have a .682 winning percentage and the Royals have a .650 winning percentage...  Math must be different in the plain states...

check again :banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that anyone cares about the AL Central, but the Sox are currently sitting on a +21 run differential, while the Royals are just +4 sitting on a 2 game lead in the division.  Not sure what's going on with Cleveland and Minnesota, and whether they'll eventually get it figured out.  I think the Tigers are just bad right now.

It feels like with the deadened ball, it's playing into the favor of a team like the Royals, relying on speed and defense.  Our pitching has been strong too, albeit Brad Keller and it should be expected that should even out.  But there's also some help that could be on the way in the likes of Daniel Lynch and Asa Lacy.

Our bullpen has been excellent, has a lot of depth and a lot of power arms.  And we could see some potential upgrades with Aldaberto Mondesi returning from injury, and Bobby Witt, Jr. making his MLB debut at some point.

I am just loving the fact this team is competitive, and there is reason to watch the Royals once again.

:thumbsup:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just bought tickets to go see the royals AA affiliate in 2 weeks.  Hopefully our #1 prospect is still playing at that level by then :banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daniel Lynch making his big league debut tomorrow :banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lynch is available to add in your fantasy leagues.  You never know what a rookie is going to do with his first start, but he must have been showing something at the training site to warrant the callup.  Might be worth an add and see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Lynch is available to add in your fantasy leagues.  You never know what a rookie is going to do with his first start, but he must have been showing something at the training site to warrant the callup.  Might be worth an add and see what happens.

Not in my league (non-Geek Homers)...  Couldn't decide on whom to cut and didn't know much about him...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, posty said:

Not in my league (non-Geek Homers)...  Couldn't decide on whom to cut and didn't know much about him...

That 2018 Royals draft is looking really good right now.

 

Brady Singer (17th overall) - just got drilled in the foot and is likely to miss a start or two, but in 5 starts this year has a 3.09 ERA, with 26 Ks and 9 BBs

Jackson Kowar (33rd overall) - starting the season at AAA Omaha

Daniel Lynch (34th overall)- making his debut tonight

Kris Bubic (40th overall) - called up earlier this week, although had a rough outing yesterday in his season debut

 

our fifth pick in that draft was also a pitcher, Jonathan Bowlan who is starting the season at AA.  The other pitching prospect to keep an eye on is Asa Lacey, 4th overall pick in the 2020 draft (went 31st overall in '17 by Cleveland by ended up going to Texas A&M).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put in about 30 pct of my faab for Lynch. Probably won’t be enough. AL only. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Put in about 30 pct of my faab for Lynch. Probably won’t be enough. AL only. 

Got him. Very surprised I did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2021 at 9:42 AM, cmh6476 said:

check again :banana:

Let's see...

Giants - .607
A's - .600
Royals - .593

Looks like they are worse off...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll pick another game back up tonight.  Injuns are pulling someone from the bullpen to make a spot start.

 

Thus is a huge week for the royals with games against Cleveland and Chicago.  We got a suite for work Saturday and have about 40 of us going down.  Plus some chick that looks hot I met off a dating app, which probably means she is bat sh1t crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

We'll pick another game back up tonight.  Injuns are pulling someone from the bullpen to make a spot start.

Just giving you a hard time...  I was waiting until they weren't the top team to reply...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up on that :bench:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2021 at 3:13 PM, cmh6476 said:

That 2018 Royals draft is looking really good right now.

Jackson Kowar (33rd overall) - starting the season at AAA Omaha

 

Minor leagues started last night.  Kowar got the nod for the Triple A affiliate, striking out 9 in 5 and a third, giving up only two singles.  Another name for you guys who are in deep fantasy leagues to keep an eye on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to my 3rd game tonight.  4th will be Saturday.  Anybody in here even a baseball fan (besides posty, of course) :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cmh6476 said:

Going to my 3rd game tonight.  4th will be Saturday.  Anybody in here even a baseball fan (besides posty, of course) :dunno:

:pointstosky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Going to my 3rd game tonight.  4th will be Saturday.  Anybody in here even a baseball fan (besides posty, of course) :dunno:

Cubs in a double header yesterday beat both cy young winning starting pitchers on the Dodgers yesterday. :thumbsup:

:banana:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 bought $5 cinco de mayo tix (by 3 pm local), $40 total with parking and I'm 10 rows behind royals dugout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2021 at 1:57 PM, cmh6476 said:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

 

got the brooms out today$#!@#!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2021 at 3:45 PM, cmh6476 said:

yeah because the 20 game sample size and best record in the league just doesn't mean anything :bench:

Beuller? And Lynch sucks so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Beuller? And Lynch sucks so far. 

yeah this team has fallen apart.  And he has not looked good.  Didn't do terrible yesterday, but our offense is putrid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another reason baseball blows.

Red Sox score 5 in the top of the 1st inning, Garret Richards comes out, nibbling on the corner and walks the 1st batter on a 3 - 2 count.. :mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this still the MLB thread for the year?  I've seen Witt Jr. play in AA twice this year, and now taking the kids to Omaha tomorrow to watch him play in Triple A.  No minors last year, and wouldn't surprise me to see him make the opening day roster next year, so this could have been our only chance to catch him in the minors this year.  13 seconds to round the bases, both of these clips from a game this week:

 

This kid is going to be something special.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Is this still the MLB thread for the year?  I've seen Witt Jr. play in AA twice this year, and now taking the kids to Omaha tomorrow to watch him play in Triple A.  No minors last year, and wouldn't surprise me to see him make the opening day roster next year, so this could have been our only chance to catch him in the minors this year.  13 seconds to round the bases, both of these clips from a game this week:

 

This kid is going to be something special.

Your boy Lynch? Any plans on calling him up again? I can’t find anything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Your boy Lynch? Any plans on calling him up again? I can’t find anything 

Looks like he pitched decent a week ago before they entered a rain delay:

 

Quote

 

Left-hander Daniel Lynch held the Indians scoreless through the first three innings, striking out four and facing one over the minimum. He allowed one unearned run in the fourth when T.J. Rivera reached on an error and later scored on a double by Bligh Madris.

The game entered a rain delay two pitches later and was delayed for 37 minutes before right-hander Jace Vines (Loss, 4-3) struck out Hunter Owen to end the inning.

 

There are so many high profile arms waiting in the wings (Lacy, Kowar, Lynch...) that it's hard to say what the rotation is going to look like come September.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×