Sign in to follow this  
The_Destroyer

Is everyone extending fantasy season? Final week 17 now?

12 minutes ago, The_Destroyer said:

Just wondering if everyone is extending their regular seasons / playoffs to now end week 17?

yes

Yes, push your season out 1 week. Do not be the dingus commish who starts the playoffs week 14 when teams are on bye.

Yes.  

Simple change. 

19 hours ago, The_Destroyer said:

Just wondering if everyone is extending their regular seasons / playoffs to now end week 17?

Yes, but it's only situational, based on bye weeks.  If this is the only year where Week 14 is a bye week, then we'll revert back to a 13-game season.  Our league (10-team), has decided that Week 1 will be a non-scheduled week.  After the Week 1 is finished, I will go into the league settings and alter the schedule where the top 5 scoring teams play the bottom 5 scoring teams to give the top 5 teams a win.  After that, it'll be a normal schedule.  Every team plays their division opponents 2 times each (8 games), and the other division opponents 1 time each (5 games), to maintain competitive balance.  Week 1 does not count towards tie-breakers.

If the NFL removes bye weeks in 14 going forward, we'll go back to Weeks 1-13 being the normal regular season and the championship game will be a 2-week matchup instead of 1-week.

No, my league is keeping the H2H schedule the same.   Last week of regular season is a damn crap shoot anyway!!    

3 hours ago, Maulers1973 said:

Last week of regular season is a damn crap shoot anyway!!    

The last week of the regular season is Week 18, not Week 17.

I think this is going to eventually end up being problematic.  Take this year for instance.  With the impending demise of the Saints, I could see the buccaneers running away with the division by week 17.  It's going to come down to if they are trying wrap up a bye, but there are going to be teams that have a hold on the division but are stuck in that 3-5 seed range and might sit players week 17.  

Let's say you're the Packers and you're 10-5 going into week 17 and TB is 13-2 and the Rams are 12-3, but the 2nd best team in the NFC north is like 7-8, couldn't GB just sit guys?

Or what if TB is 13-2 and the next best team in the conference is 10-5 or 11-4 and TB has the tie breaker already?

I hope they start wrapping up byes by week 13 moving forward.

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

there are going to be teams that have a hold on the division but are stuck in that 3-5 seed range and might sit players week 17.

That would be like sitting players in Week 16 under the old schedule, which seems pretty dumb.  A professional football team is going to rest all their studs for 1/8th of the season?  I doubt it.  The teams that have their playoff berths wrapped up might sit some important players in the final week of the season, as usual, but I don't see them starting to sit players for a second week, just because the season is a week longer.  And besides, the playoff berths aren't likely to be set in stone with 2 weeks to go anyway.

They showed last year that they don't seem to care if they're in the 3rd or 4th seed.

We're extending a week.  Still a 14 week regular season, then instead of 4 teams making the playoffs the top two teams get a bye while 3-6 hit their playoffs week 15.  Championship game becomes week 17.

14 team league, each team plays all the others.  worked out perfectly with 13 week league, 3 week playoffs.  Week 14 is now a bye week so it didn't seem fair to start the playoffs that week.  We are using week 5 (last week without a bye to start the year) as a "sprint week".  No one plays each other but we pay out the top 5 scoring teams for the week.  Entry fee goes from $50 to $55 to cover "sprint week".

1 hour ago, NPNG said:

14 team league, each team plays all the others.  worked out perfectly with 13 week league, 3 week playoffs.  Week 14 is now a bye week so it didn't seem fair to start the playoffs that week.  We are using week 5 (last week without a bye to start the year) as a "sprint week".  No one plays each other but we pay out the top 5 scoring teams for the week.  Entry fee goes from $50 to $55 to cover "sprint week".

Wow, $70 split 5 ways?

The kids will have the best Christmas EVER!

23 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Wow, $70 split 5 ways?

The kids will have the best Christmas EVER!

Just a bunch of friends getting together to catch up and play for a little bit of $$$.  If we have an opening I'll make sure to cross your name off, as the purse is apparently not big enough.

16 minutes ago, NPNG said:

Just a bunch of friends getting together to catch up and play for a little bit of $$$.  If we have an opening I'll make sure to cross your name off, as the purse is apparently not big enough.

Definitely.  I don't mind doing a bunch of penny-ante best-balls, but if I'm going to take the time to pore through waivers every Tuesday and reject offers of David Clowney for Derrick Henry every week, it needs to be a little more rewarding.