Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Foot injury for Travis Etienne

3 hours ago, nobody said:

I'm confused by the IR rules.  

So, that 2nd paragraph indicates he can't come back.

That's what it looks like.

If so, they would have to wait and place him on the 53 man final roster, then put him on IR.

I don't know what they're down to, but it's not 53 yet.

8 minutes ago, polecatt said:

If so, they would have to wait and place him on the 53 man final roster, then put him on IR.

How would they place him on the 53 man final roster if they can't activate any player placed on IR before the final cut?

No, he's done now.

16 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Well, Axe Elf can.  So why are YOU trying to act like the expert here?

I have those fake Spock ears, that’s close enough to an elf.

Hyde is now worthy of a late pickup , he’s a better back up then the Jags had behind Robinson last season, plus he can be used in the passing game and in the short yardage situations. 

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Robinson isn't on the list yet at his current ADP, but if he creeps into the 3rd round, he'll definitely earn his spot on the list

Robinson finished last season as the RB 7 in half ppr, What is your reasoning for him not finishing as a top 10 RB this year? Carlos Hyde?

11 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Robinson finished last season as the RB 7 in half ppr, What is your reasoning for him not finishing as a top 10 RB this year? Carlos Hyde?

Hyde, different coaches, different offense, preseason...

Did anyone notice that the Jaguars had six (6) yards rushing as a team halfway through the 2nd quarter?  Robinson ripped off a 10 yarder in the 2-minute drill later, but I'm not seeing a lot of signs that this offense is going to be even as good as it was last year.  Through two preseason games, the Jaguars have rushed 35 times as a team for 91 yards, so at least the backups are doing better than the starters.

Robinson could maybe end up as a low end RB2, but a third round price tag is a little steep for one of those.  Or he might just be one of those one-year wonder UDFAs that slips into obscurity.  If he becomes a top 10 RB, he will become one that I will miss out on (but I'll still have Najee and Carson for mine).

13 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Did anyone notice that the Jaguars had six (6) yards rushing as a team halfway through the 2nd quarter?  Robinson ripped off a 10 yarder in the 2-minute drill later, but I'm not seeing a lot of signs that this offense is going to be even as good as it was last year.  Through two preseason games, the Jaguars have rushed 35 times as a team for 91 yards, so at least the backups are doing better than the starters.

Robinson could maybe end up as a low end RB2, but a third round price tag is a little steep for one of those.  Or he might just be one of those one-year wonder UDFAs that slips into obscurity.  If he becomes a top 10 RB, he will become one that I will miss out on (but I'll still have Najee and Carson for mine).

fair enough.

59 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

How would they place him on the 53 man final roster if they can't activate any player placed on IR before the final cut?

No, he's done now.

That's exactly my point, lol

Update: I got J-Rob in the 4th round.  Someone sniped A. Jones on me (ranked 11; went right before me (8), at 7..) in the 1st round.  I settled with Zeke.

Other RBs: Mike Davis, Ron Jones, and Qadree Ollison for when Davis goes down.  Made a system error, and also ended up with G. Bernard (tried to switch to N. Hines, but the button changed from Remove to Draft)..

4 minutes ago, Bills04 said:

Update: I got J-Rob in the 4th round.  Someone sniped A. Jones on me (ranked 11; went right before me (8), at 7..) in the 1st round.  I settled with Zeke.

Other RBs: Mike Davis, and Ron Jones.  Made a system error, and also ended up with G. Bernard (tried to switch to N. Hines, but the button changed from Remove to Draft)..

I think that's good value for him in the 4th. He's gonna be their main RB this season. He should be at least as good as last season.

Zeke could easily outperform A Jones, and is one of the more reliable RB1s, so it's not like that's a big loss either

Update: I got J-Rob in the 4th round.

Ouch.  Zeke and Davis should be a pretty solid one-two punch for you throughout the season, though.

Someone sniped A. Jones on me (ranked 11; went right before me (8), at 7..) in the 1st round.  I settled with Zeke.

You "settled" for the RB with the second-best chance of being the #1 overall RB, did you?  lol  Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, I guess.

1 minute ago, polecatt said:

He should be at least as good as last season.

Do you have any evidence that would support this claim, or are we supposed to draft based on your wishful thinking?

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Do you have any evidence that would support this claim, or are we supposed to draft based on your wishful thinking?

Do you have any evidence that says otherwise?

47 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Do you have any evidence that says otherwise?

Yes.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

8 hours ago, AxeElf said:

He’s got the same evidence you’ve got on every comical dissertation  you post on here...historical data.

• Haha 1

So with injuries at the rb position stating to happen any chance some leagues.may go the route of team rb?. Could be an option.

Doc: ha, ha!  No way!!  Years ago I was in a league that had Team QBs.  You should see some of the cross-eyed looks I got, when I shared that aspect with other FF folks.

I’ve seen leagues go team Rbs, isn’t that just a best ball situation, and it should not be apart of any league. N

5 hours ago, JagFan said:

He’s got the same evidence you’ve got on every educational dissertation  you post on here...historical data.

Non-sequitur, as his claim does not depend on the evidence of historical data, his claim is ABOUT the historical data; to wit, that the historical data represents Robinson's floor this season.  ("He should be at least as good as last season.")

It seems appropriate to ask for evidence that last season's performance is this season's floor, when everything else about the Jaguars' situation seems to indicate otherwise.