Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

NFL Vax Mandate Coming?

This could be a problem for a lot of NFL players and have a pretty big fantasy impact. A lot of players refuse to vaccinate. 

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/business/money-report/nfl-says-it-would-welcome-vaccine-mandate-for-players-following-small-covid-outbreak/2601754/?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_CHBrand&source=sm_npd_nbc_chi_twt_genChicago-cnbc

Edited by DEEZNUTS

I wonder what would happen if all of the unvaccinated players said "see ya".  I keep hearing random numbers, but it sounds like 25% are still unvaccinated.

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I wonder what would happen if all of the unvaccinated players said "see ya".  I keep hearing random numbers, but it sounds like 25% are still unvaccinated.

Those players would be replaced. The NFL would move forward. Product wouldn't be as good, but they'd move forward without them and with replacement players - just my guess.

Just now, DEEZNUTS said:

Those players would be replaced. The NFL would move forward. Product wouldn't be as good, but they'd move forward without them and with replacement players - just my guess.

I think that's an overly simplistic answer to a situation that has a huge financial impact. 

1 hour ago, DEEZNUTS said:

The most likely scenario is if the players union gets players permission to opt out and sit out the season (like last year).  then those players go back to their jobs next year.

getting fired or losing your job  because you didnt vaccinate would never stand up in court and you can bet money the union would fight it all the way.

3 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

getting fired or losing your job  because you didnt vaccinate would never stand up in court

If it violates your employment contract, it will stand up in court.

They should mandate it. Frankly, it should be mandatory to get vaccinated for people to retain US citizenship and if people elected not to have it they are deported to the country of their ancestors. 

19 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

They should mandate it. Frankly, it should be mandatory to get vaccinated for people to retain US citizenship and if people elected not to have it they are deported to the country of their ancestors. 

Really? Pray tell what else should the U.S. Government mandate its citizens to do in order to retain citizenship? What kind of car to drive? What foods to eat? What tv shows to watch?

NFL players union is pretty weak. They can barely get the players guaranteed money aside from signing bonuses. Players can simply get cut if they refuse to comply. Not saying it's going to happen, but if a mandate comes down it's going to be interesting. The NFL is a private company. They can mandate whatever they want.

6 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Really? Pray tell what else should the U.S. Government mandate its citizens to do in order to retain citizenship?

Mandating that its citizens not endanger its other citizens is a pretty fundamental concept.

34 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

If it violates your employment contract, it will stand up in court.

yes, if the employment contract specifies this.   what I dont know is if it does.

either way, its not my fight.   but if I were in line to make millions by playing I'd just take the shot so I can continue to do so.

41 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

I think those that need a mandate should go to another country. You would be able to save your self , cross your legs light your candles and hummmm 

15 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Mandating that its citizens not endanger its other citizens is a pretty fundamental concept.

So is the Bill of Rights...

28 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Really? Pray tell what else should the U.S. Government mandate its citizens to do in order to retain citizenship? What kind of car to drive? What foods to eat? What tv shows to watch?

They should mandate things like not murdering each other, not stealing, take away all the guns, and getting vaccines (see not murder each other). Take away citizenship and we can give the open spaces to the caravans arriving and refugees. 

1 minute ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

They should mandate things like not murdering each other, not stealing, take away all the guns, and getting vaccines (see not murder each other). Take away citizenship and we can give the open spaces to the caravans arriving and refugees. 

Don't Tread On Me...

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jrokh said:

So is the Bill of Rights...

The Bill of Rights is indeed a fundamental document, though irrelevant to the current conversation.

25 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

yes, if the employment contract specifies this.   what I dont know is if it does.

I can't imagine that a professional football player's contract would not include something about following the recommendations of the team's medical staff.

7 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

So you don’t like living in a free country , your simply a communist. 

Get lost pal. 

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Get lost pal. 

A free country allows companies to decide who they want to employ and who they don't. Unvaccinated employees pose a threat to others in the work place. They don't have to work in the NFL. They can work elsewhere. Free country. 

30 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Get lost pal. 

Hey, I just got back in the USA from Asia a few years ago and I'm staying. Once my wife is a citizen in a year we can bring all her relatives and distant cousins over through chain migration.  They are all vaccinated. 

Was hoping this thread didn't go sideways. I really just wanted to explore what impact a mandate may have on fantasy football. Rosters, rules, etc. Didn't mean for it to go in the vax vs non-vax direction outside of fantasy football. There are several players who have spoken out against vax'ing so if it became a mandate like the NFL general counsel says he'd welcome, it would really be an issue for the NFL and fantasy football by extension. 

6 minutes ago, DEEZNUTS said:

Was hoping this thread didn't go sideways. I really just wanted to explore what impact a mandate may have on fantasy football. Rosters, rules, etc. Didn't mean for it to go in the vax vs non-vax direction outside of fantasy football. There are several players who have spoken out against vax'ing so if it became a mandate like the NFL general counsel says he'd welcome, it would really be an issue for the NFL and fantasy football by extension. 

I think the NFLPA already rejected it. I’d say it’s very unlikely but there are some high level players not taking the vaccine. Hopkins I think is one. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/report-nfl-proposes-making-covid-19-vaccinations-mandatory-all-players

16 minutes ago, DEEZNUTS said:

I doubt it would ever pass, but if it did it would be fun to watch Cole Beasley sue the NFL.

I didn't know 93% of the league was vaccinated. With a number that high, mandates are basically a non-story. Nothing to see here. 

I think if you are a man, you should avoid mandates and only go on dates with women.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

I think the NFLPA already rejected it. I’d say it’s very unlikely but there are some high level players not taking the vaccine. Hopkins I think is one. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/report-nfl-proposes-making-covid-19-vaccinations-mandatory-all-players

can’t believe I’m even asking this but here goes

So who are the high level players not vaxed? I tried looking for any info but haven’t been able to find anything up to date/current.

If you haven’t drafted yet, will a player not vaxed deter you from drafting them as opposed to a known vaxed player who may be a Slight drop off in talent? Using Hopkins as an example…will you pass on him for another less “talented” just because he’s already stated that he questions his future in the nfl if forced to take the jab… how much of a show would it be if you draft him or any other high level player just to have the NFL mandate the shot and they decide to sit out? Instant fantasy killer. Better have some serious depth on your team.

9 hours ago, blackhawks said:

can’t believe I’m even asking this but here goes

So who are the high level players not vaxed? I tried looking for any info but haven’t been able to find anything up to date/current.

If you haven’t drafted yet, will a player not vaxed deter you from drafting them as opposed to a known vaxed player who may be a Slight drop off in talent? Using Hopkins as an example…will you pass on him for another less “talented” just because he’s already stated that he questions his future in the nfl if forced to take the jab… how much of a show would it be if you draft him or any other high level player just to have the NFL mandate the shot and they decide to sit out? Instant fantasy killer. Better have some serious depth on your team.

It's not public, these are some high-level players suspected of not having the vaccine  https://www.si.com/fantasy/2021/08/02/unvaccinated-nfl-players-fantasy-football