Gepetto

Stock Market bubble - will crash

34 minutes ago, Horseman said:

You're the idiot that said buying the dips is gambling.  :doh:  

You don’t know it is going back up or when or if something else will perform better over the same period. It’s let’s just say educated guesses.

You don’t possess super powers 😂

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

All these doom and gloomers post these vids and then when something bad happens they say “see I told you” then 40 other times they don’t say shet 😂

Just now, thegeneral said:

All these doom and gloomers post these vids and then when something bad happens they say “see I told you” then 40 other times they don’t say shet 😂

Only have to be right once. Like a weatherman

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, edjr said:

Only have to be right once. Like a weatherman

That’s true I suppose.

Once you click on some of these your YouTube feed will be loaded with it’s the end of the world and buy gold videos 😂 

20 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

You don’t know it is going back up or when or if something else will perform better over the same period. It’s let’s just say educated guesses.

You don’t possess super powers 😂

You sell high and buy low every time you rebalance.  

You don't have to know when it's going to happen, you just wait for it to happen.  

:doh:

2 minutes ago, Horseman said:

You sell high and buy low every time you rebalance.  

You don't have to know when it's going to happen, you just wait for it to happen.  

:doh:

You are picking to choose when it is “high” In the case of the past few months you had picked incorrectly not being in pure equities. This is the gambling aspect I am describing.

There’s a risk tolerance as well based on all kinds of individual factors.  

Here’s where you get to tell us your personal story 😂

4 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

You are picking to choose when it is “high” In the case of the past few months you had picked incorrectly not being in pure equities. This is the gambling aspect I am describing.

Wat?  I'm not picking anything.  Why are you trying to accuse me of picking things when you're admittedly still gambling on individual stocks?

And I wouldn't advise anyone to being purely in equities.  You need at a minimum enough fixed income to take advantage of rebalancing.  

Look, it's clear you're not following along, I can suggest some good books on the subject if you want. 

36 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I think you're overlooking the nuance of the term rebalance.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

Wat?  I'm not picking anything.  Why are you trying to accuse me of picking things when you're admittedly still gambling on individual stocks?

And I wouldn't advise anyone to being purely in equities.  You need at a minimum enough fixed income to take advantage of rebalancing.  

Look, it's clear you're not following along, I can suggest some good books on the subject if you want. 

😂 I am good and have read how you do your investing many times in here. I am comfortable with my strategies and you yours.

😂 I am good and have read how you do your investing many times in here. I am comfortable with my strategies and you yours.

"incorrectly not being in pure equities"  might be the dumbest thing ever posted about investing.

:dunno:

12 minutes ago, Horseman said:

"incorrectly not being in pure equities"  might be the dumbest thing ever posted about investing.

:dunno:

Aren’t you the guy who was in 100% Amazon or something 😂

28 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Aren’t you the guy who was in 100% Amazon or something 😂

No.  But that's a good illustration.

If you're going to Monday morning quarterback why not just say, "incorrectly not being invested 100% in NVDA"?   Because nobody would ever recommend doing that, that's why.

And anybody that knows anything about investing would ever recommend being invested purely in equities either.   

37 minutes ago, Horseman said:

No.  But that's a good illustration.

If you're going to Monday morning quarterback why not just say, "incorrectly not being invested 100% in NVDA"?   Because nobody would ever recommend doing that, that's why.

And anybody that knows anything about investing would ever recommend being invested purely in equities either.   

Hmm. I must be misremembering. One of the people on here who likes to argue everything did just that. I don’t care to spend the time looking up who it was 😂

I agree having everything in a couple stocks would be a bit wild and very extreme. That would be up to investors to decide what they want to risk. 

I also agree buying low and selling high is a great strategy! 

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

Hmm. I must be misremembering. One of the people on here who likes to argue everything did just that. I don’t care to spend the time looking up who it was 😂

I agree having everything in a couple stocks would be a bit wild and very extreme. That would be up to investors to decide what they want to risk. 

I also agree buying high and selling low is a great strategy! 

If you learned to listen it wouldn't come across to you as arguing. 

I once invested a large portion of my portfolio in AMZN and GOOG and the gamble paid off, more than 6x the initial investment on both.  That doesn't mean it was a smart thing to do. I could have just as easily ended up broke.  Luckily I didn't learn that lesson the hard way.  Since then, my company now pays for a financial advisor who I've been working with for 5 years or so and getting to retirement quickly and wealthy has become my obsession.  I've read dozens of books.  Knowing what I do today I wouldn't recommend doing what I did.  There are a lot of safer ways to get essentially guaranteed results.

You keep poking about buying high and selling low.  You should learn about regular rebalancing an equity-fixed income portfolio.  Its practically automatic selling high and buying low.  It doesn't sound like you're doing that and besides giving up diversification you're giving away free money.    

I'd also suggest less individual stocks, unless you enjoy rolling the dice.  Warren Buffett:

I don't think most people are in the position to pick individual stocks.  A few are, maybe, but on balance people are better off buying a cross section of America. 

23 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I once invested a large portion of my portfolio in AMZN and GOOG and the gamble paid off, more than 6x the initial investment on both.  That doesn't mean it was a smart thing to do. I could have just as easily ended up broke.  Luckily I didn't learn that lesson the hard way.  Since then, my company now pays for a financial advisor who I've been working with for 5 years or so and getting to retirement quickly and wealthy has become my obsession.  I've read dozens of books.  Knowing what I do today I wouldn't recommend doing what I did.  There are a lot of safer ways to get essentially guaranteed results.

You keep poking about buying high and selling low.  You should learn about regular rebalancing an equity-fixed income portfolio.  Its practically automatic selling high and buying low.  It doesn't sound like you're doing that and besides giving up diversification you're giving away free money.    

I'd also suggest less individual stocks, unless you enjoy rolling the dice.  Warren Buffett:

I made a killing by being lucky.

I was hired into a company that  went big. When I joined a company  22 years ago they were at $20 a share. 10% of my salary at 15% discount of stock share for 20 years. 

It's now sitting at near $380 a share. . 

But I don't pretend to know stocks. That stock I managed on my own, but my 401k I had someone manage it the whole time thank God. I surely would have focked that up. I hold little interest in managing financial portfolios. 

Every great man knows his limitations. 

2 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I appreciate the advice. I have majority of my retirement savings in index funds and let them do the work. Between wife and I we are in a good spot and we consider ourselves very lucky. I have a person checking my work. I’m sure there is always someone better. 

I do like to gamble and enjoy playing the market. It isn’t money that is going to break me. Some years I beat the market other years I don’t with my “gambling allotment” which I keep at a certain percentage by EOY. This is essentially a fantasy sports fix to me. This year I will almost certainly beat it based just on past month as long as I don’t get too greedy. 

I am always happy to hear when anyone does well and wish the best for everyone in investing. 

15 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I do like to gamble and enjoy playing the market. It isn’t money that is going to break me.

Nice.  No issues there.  It just sounded like you were doing it the other way around.

14 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Nice.  No issues there.  It just sounded like you were doing it the other way around.

Here’s to getting richer and living long enough and healthy enough to spend it 😂

It’s been an excellent last 14 years or so! 

21 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I made a killing by being lucky.

I was hired into a company that  went big. When I joined a company  22 years ago they were at $20 a share. 10% of my salary at 15% discount of stock share for 20 years. 

It's now sitting at near $380 a share. . 

But I don't pretend to know stocks. That stock I managed on my own, but my 401k I had someone manage it the whole time thank God. I surely would have focked that up. I hold little interest in managing financial portfolios. 

Every great man knows his limitations. 

I work for a large private employee owned company too.  Last  year our private company stock made 30% and it it's an unusual year to drop below 20%.  So that adds up quick, but, knowing that I didn't care too much about the 401k so I didn't do much with it for the first 10 or 15 years.  Once again had I known back then what I know now I would have been retired 5 years or more ago.  On the other hand now that I'm ready to retire giving up 30% is pretty difficult when you know if you just work another 2 years you can bank another million dollars.  

The one thing you have full control over in a retirement account is it's expense.  If someone is managing it for you, or you leave it in the default funds, you're likely giving up at least 1% or more a year.  And what they are doing is not that complicated.  Take target funds for example.  A target 2060 is just a total market fund with 20% in bonds.  A target 2030 would be 50-50.  I mean I doubt they have more than 3 funds total if they invest in international.  You can easily replicate what they do and pocket the expenses.  

3 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Here’s to getting richer and living long enough and healthy enough to spend it 😂

It’s been an excellent last 14 years or so! 

Thanks now you've jinxed me for sure.  I knew too many colleagues that got sick and died soon after retirement.  That's why I'm going to be bugging out early despite the lure of big money.

1 hour ago, Horseman said:

Thanks now you've jinxed me for sure.  I knew too many colleagues that got sick and died soon after retirement.  That's why I'm going to be bugging out early despite the lure of big money.

Cardio! 😂

1 hour ago, Horseman said:

I work for a large private employee owned company too.  Last  year our private company stock made 30% and it it's an unusual year to drop below 20%.  So that adds up quick, but, knowing that I didn't care too much about the 401k so I didn't do much with it for the first 10 or 15 years.  Once again had I known back then what I know now I would have been retired 5 years or more ago.  On the other hand now that I'm ready to retire giving up 30% is pretty difficult when you know if you just work another 2 years you can bank another million dollars.  

The one thing you have full control over in a retirement account is it's expense.  If someone is managing it for you, or you leave it in the default funds, you're likely giving up at least 1% or more a year.  And what they are doing is not that complicated.  Take target funds for example.  A target 2060 is just a total market fund with 20% in bonds.  A target 2030 would be 50-50.  I mean I doubt they have more than 3 funds total if they invest in international.  You can easily replicate what they do and pocket the expenses.  

Unless you hate the job just keep it. Slowly remove yourself from projects or things you dislike and ride it out a bit. 

On 2/22/2024 at 11:13 AM, lickin_starfish said:

Do you think the DOW will hit 40,000 before the crash?

It will blow right thru that level.

• Haha 1

Powell announced we can begin cutting rates. To the moon.

I am taking profits today just to be a little contrarian.

On 2/15/2024 at 8:02 AM, lod001 said:

Bought 1000 SOUN a few days ago.😆 This is ridiculous. 

Oh yeah FROG. I own that thing too. - $FROG target Raised to $55 - DA Davidson 😆

Yep this is just like the 2000 bubble. Will end even worse though.

SOUN. Fock Yeah! :pointstosky: and AQST too.

Hey, thegeneral is that you over at antifaguys making the stock pick of SOUN and then switching because the other guy already had it?

2 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Hey, thegeneral is that you over at antifaguys making the stock pick of SOUN and then switching because the other guy already had it?

Fok, good call man.  Should have bought more, lol.  

2 hours ago, Horseman said:

Fok, good call man.  Should have bought more, lol.  

Fockin-A . :banana: Crazy 8.2 now.

Apparently the company will present at next week’s Nvidia $NVDA conference.

3 hours ago, lod001 said:

That was me. I did pick SOUN but it was under 5 a share at the time - they made a rule this year share price needed to be over that on Jan 1.

Well it’s over now 💰

21 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

That was me. I did pick SOUN but it was under 5 a share at the time - they made a rule this year share price needed to be over that on Jan 1.

Well it’s over now 💰

Oh, I thought it was cause someone already picked it. Did ya buy it? 

8.58. fockin A

36 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Oh, I thought it was cause someone already picked it. Did ya buy it? 

8.58. fockin A

Sadly I did not. Have got my taste of the “AI” chip boom with NVDA and Super Micro but bummed to have missed out on this one.

Congrats on the hit! Always hard to sell when they are running like this. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Sadly I did not. Have got my taste of the “AI” chip boom with NVDA and Super Micro but bummed to have missed out on this one.

Congrats on the hit! Always hard to sell when they are running like this. 

I owned it back in 2022 and took a loss on it. Then it popped up on my twitter feed when someone said NVDA held a stake in it so I threw some $ at it. 

$9.10 after hours. 

24 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I owned it back in 2022 and took a loss on it. Then it popped up on my twitter feed when someone said NVDA held a stake in it so I threw some $ at it. 

$9.10 after hours. 

Sweet. Tripling up in a couple months is pretty nice 😂

3 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I hate Biden as much as anyone but the President has almost no affect on the stock market.

16 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀

Wow wow

Is that what is going on in your pants?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, edjr said:

Is that what is going on in your pants?

Yeah baby! Green across the board. Loaded up on some GOOG on end of last month. This AI bullshit is going off everywhere. A great morning!!!

Loaded up

pun intended?