Big Guy

WOW.....watched CBS World Evening News tonight....

What focking planet are these people living on?

They just make up and call it fact!

I'm not just referring to one story or even one aspect of a story, I'm talking about the WHOLE show. 

Also.....Brandon is focking puppet spewing all that crap today 🤬

• Sad 1

I hope moderates and apolitical people can see that legacy media framing and rhetoric, and reality, are two different things. I'm not sure if it just seeps into them and gets accepted as valid.

Best case scenario...legacy media, whether it be FOX or CNN, only retains relevance to hopeless partisans. Meanwhile, more people quit being partisans, realizing the distract, and divide and conquer circus for what it is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, naomi said:

I hope moderates and apolitical people can see that legacy media framing and rhetoric, and reality, are two different things. I'm not sure if it just seeps into them and gets accepted as valid.

Best case scenario...legacy media, whether it be FOX or CNN, only retains relevance to hopeless partisans. Meanwhile, more people quit being partisans, realizing the distract, and divide and conquer circus for what it is.

nicely said

1 hour ago, naomi said:

Never gonna happen. Too much money and power involved because folks eat up this sh!t on both sides. Eat a bag of d!cks MSM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Big Guy said:

What focking planet are these people living on?

They just make up and call it fact!

I'm not just referring to one story or even one aspect of a story, I'm talking about the WHOLE show. 

Also.....Brandon is focking puppet spewing all that crap today 🤬

My wife watches ABC's nightly news.   So sometimes I have to watch it too when I am hanging out with her.     She gets annoyed if I chime in too much so I try to keep mostly quiet.    But usually by the end of the program I can't take it and I start noting the framing of segments, what important info they completely removed/neglected from their stories, the obvious slant to their stories.   It's mind-boggling to me that this is the flagship news program of one of the major networks.   It's more noticeable if you only occasionally drop in and watch and get your news/opinions elsewhere.   But if you watch it with some frequency you lose that recognition and it seems like it's an "OK" straight news program.   The frog in the boiling water concept.   It's been happening for so long and incrementally that one doesn't see the change.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Masshole said:

My wife watches ABC's nightly news.   So sometimes I have to watch it too when I am hanging out with her.     She gets annoyed if I chime in too much so I try to keep mostly quiet.    But usually by the end of the program I can't take it and I start noting the framing of segments, what important info they completely removed/neglected from their stories, the obvious slant to their stories.   It's mind-boggling to me that this is the flagship news program of one of the major networks.   It's more noticeable if you only occasionally drop in and watch and get your news/opinions elsewhere.   But if you watch it with some frequency you lose that recognition and it seems like it's an "OK" straight news program.   The frog in the boiling water concept.   It's been happening for so long and incrementally that one doesn't see the change.  

Exactly! I don't normally watch it, just happened to be on after the local news ( which is Propaganda Lite ) 

Stop watching all news.  Does it really change your life in any meaningful way?  It is a mechanism that the powers that be use to brainwash you.

I was at my Father's house over the holidays and he was watching one of the 6:30 evening news shows.  They interviewed two security guards for about 15 minutes about the riot last January.  They went on about how it was planned out and these people had armor and they thought they were going to die.  The rioters used racial slurs etc.  Then of course they went on about how it was Trumps fault and he needs to be held accountable. 

My Father said how awful it was.  I asked him if it was so planned out how could Trump have stopped it by going on TV and telling them to go home or how that giant mob would even hear him if they were rioting?  Were they carrying secret Trump decoder rings at the time?   

Then I asked when they were going to interview people inside the federal building that was being torched during the riots last summer or the people who had their businesses destroyed?  I asked him when the would do a sit down with the marines that survived the Afghanistan attack and ask why that was so botched up.   I asked when would they do a big investigative piece about the mess at the border or the people behind the Russia allegations and where those documents came from?  I guess they have not scheduled those yet or maybe he just missed them because they did not cover any of that much. 

8 hours ago, Masshole said:

Worst part is, ABC is the least offensive of all of them.   NBC is approaching crazy town status, CBS is just off somewhere