Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

The NFL announced Germany will host a regular-season game each of the next four seasons.

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

🤣

Yeah, I did notice that he doesn't post any more.  What did I miss?

nobody knows why he left. 

I didnt mind his take on some things but hes rather opinionated and wont admit when hes wrong.   kinda made it tough to have a reasonable debate at times.

7 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So then it's the Chief's fault because they were scared, not the NFL's?

Scared?  It was strategic.  Schedule a cupcake team in Germany, who you'd likely win?  Or take away Tyreek's ability to make the game in KC all about him with extra motivation and incentive and make the travel for both teams tough in what likely was going to be a highly contested game already.  Now Tyreek gets to face his old team in a stadium full of a lot of fans who probably have no idea who the guy is.  It's super smart for the Chiefs to say nah, not Chicago in Germany make it Miami.  But for TV ratings, it's the absolutely worst game to schedule at 8:30 am.

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Scared?  It was strategic.  Schedule a cupcake team in Germany, who you'd likely win?  Or take away Tyreek's ability to make the game in KC all about him with extra motivation and incentive and make the travel for both teams tough in what likely was going to be a highly contested game already.  Now Tyreek gets to face his old team in a stadium full of a lot of fans who probably have no idea who the guy is.  It's super smart for the Chiefs to say nah, not Chicago in Germany make it Miami.  But for TV ratings, it's the absolutely worst game to schedule at 8:30 am.

The way I see it is that KC does not feel confident they can stop him. If KC shuts him down the game is not about Hill, it would be about the KC Defense.

57 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Come on.... 🙄

Actually it was the Lions who the Chiefs were going to play (reports had been leaked) and then a few days later they said it would be Miami as the Chiefs requested not to play the Lions abroad. 

There was a lot of speculation why the Chiefs did that.  Nothing ever really said for certain.  I believe though the Chiefs requested it be the dolphins. 

44 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

The way I see it is that KC does not feel confident they can stop him. If KC shuts him down the game is not about Hill, it would be about the KC Defense.

That wouldn't make much difference where they played.  Having tyeek back at Arrowhead for this first time or not, obviously would. 

Ya think American movies are for America? Nope, the entire world consumes our movies. Maybe American music is for America... nope, it's the world's music.  Can't we at least have our own sport?  The Euro trash love soccer. Let's leave it at that.

Germany. Bunch of Rommel loving duck steppers.

15 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Actually it was the Lions who the Chiefs were going to play (reports had been leaked) and then a few days later they said it would be Miami as the Chiefs requested not to play the Lions abroad. 

There was a lot of speculation why the Chiefs did that.  Nothing ever really said for certain.  I believe though the Chiefs requested it be the dolphins. 

The information containing the Lions was faulty because the Lions (and Bills), are the only 2 teams who are not a part of the international series.  Here is a link from the NFL with a map of what teams are playing where.  You'll notice that the Bills and Lions are not present.  That map is of the teams who signed up and which locations are their home games... not the teams who will only play in that city.

I don't discount the notion that the Chiefs requested to play the Fish in Germany (because they were scared).

6 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The information containing the Lions was faulty because the Lions (and Bills), are the only 2 teams who are not a part of the international series.  Here is a link from the NFL with a map of what teams are playing where.  You'll notice that the Bills and Lions are not present.  That map is of the teams who signed up and which locations are their home games... not the teams who will only play in that city.

I don't discount the notion that the Chiefs requested to play the Fish in Germany (because they were scared).

"Home Marketing Team Areas", it doesn't mean those two teams aren't going to play games overseas.  

On 10/18/2023 at 3:25 PM, TBayXXXVII said:

🤣

Yeah, I did notice that he doesn't post any more.  What did I miss?

Whom are we talking about?

Go Germany. It's awesome they are playing games there and in England. I enjoy the early morning games. 

21 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's my bad, for some reason I was thinking the KC/Detroit game was in Detroit and why I thought the leak was fake.

Guess that really makes that worse for being scared to play the Dolphins in KC.  Figured they'd be more manly about it.  Guess not.