Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

The NFL announced Germany will host a regular-season game each of the next four seasons.

Banana Fosters is a real darn good dessert. 

All NFL games should be played right here in America.  All.  Let the Germans start their own league   

Thanks. 

I don't think they should be going overseas while eschewing Guam (and other U.S. territories).

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I don't think they should be going overseas while eschewing Guam (and other U.S. territories).

That’s true. Hell, even Alaska and Hawaii don’t get a game. 

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s true. Hell, even Alaska and Hawaii don’t get a game. 

I can kind of understand with Alaska in the winter--but a Hawaii game seems like it could be a thing--and you KNOW the teams want to play in that!  Plus it wouldn't be at 7am back on the continent...

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Do they still play the Pro Bowl ... ?  They used to.

Ah, those were the days.

But I think Kamara got arrested in Vegas.

26 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Ah, those were the days.

But I think Kamara got arrested in Vegas.

Poor Hawaii.  I don't think I've watched or even paid attention to a Pro Bowl in over decade.

When was the last time the players actually cared about the pro bowl. 

So Bucs fans just lost a home game , I think I would change teams.  

One thing I've advocated for a very long time in regard to these overseas games is that every single worker whether theyre parking lot attendants or hot dog vendors or beer Hawkers for Ticket takers, they should get fully paid for those games. The League makes sure that the owners don't lose money on these games. The players obviously still get paid. But for a lot of people who can't afford to miss a paycheck, this is a really big blow.

19 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

One thing I've advocated for a very long time in regard to these overseas games is that every single worker whether theyre parking lot attendants or hot dog vendors or beer Hawkers for Ticket takers, they should get fully paid for those games. The League makes sure that the owners don't lose money on these games. The players obviously still get paid. But for a lot of people who can't afford to miss a paycheck, this is a really big blow.

I agree 100%.  

Do you guys really think these Sunday afternoon (for the most part) vendors, don't have other jobs?

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Do you guys really think these Sunday afternoon (for the most part) vendors, don't have other jobs?

Don’t know do they? I’m sure some do, I’m sure some don’t. But for those that do , they count on that extra income, and those that don’t they count on any income. 

Shame on the nfl for taking America’s  game away from their fans.  And those that make an income for working at those stadiums. 

And shame on those sell out teams for agreeing to do so.  Isn’t KC on that list? And you do know that KC won’t win another Super Bowl with Mahomes at Qb don’t you? 0-2.  

17 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

They have to.  There's no way they can live all year getting paid for 4 hours worth of work, 8 (9), times a year.

I'm guessing a lot of these people are retired or just looking for a little extra cash.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

They have to.  There's no way they can live all year getting paid for 4 hours worth of work, 8 (9), times a year.

I'm guessing a lot of these people are retired or just looking for a little extra cash.

exactly, I'm not getting too worked up over vendors missing days of work.  So you get 9 instead of 10 days to work this year (with preseason).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

exactly, I'm not getting too worked up over vendors missing days of work.  So you get 9 instead of 10 days to work this year (with preseason).

Of course you don’t.  

19 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I know in a lot of different jobs you have to "pay your dues" to get to the better positions. I have no idea if there is any such thing with some of the dudes throwing hot dogs around. I'm guessing they just like the environment and make a few bucks having fun. But who knows?

Just now, Utilit99 said:

I know in a lot of different jobs you have to "pay your dues" to get to the better positions. I have no idea if there is any such thing with some of the dudes throwing hot dogs around. I'm guessing they just like the environment and make a few bucks having fun. 

Yeah, that's what I think as well.  The venders who walk around the stadium also make really good tip money, since they don't have to claim it.  They may not want a better position.

3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Last year's beauties. 

October 10 New York Jets 20 Atlanta Falcons 27 Tottenham Hotspur Stadium 60,589
October 17 Miami Dolphins 20 Jacksonville Jaguars 23 60,784

The main reason for this is because the game isn't on during normal hours.  If they had a 4:25 PM (EST), game over there, it would start after 10 PM.  Can't have a game start there that late.  It's on here on the east coast a 9 AM, which is a 3PM game over there.  I understand the time and the game.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The main reason for this is because the game isn't on during normal hours.  If they had a 4:25 PM (EST), game over there, it would start after 10 PM.  Can't have a game start there that late.  It's on here on the east coast a 9 AM, which is a 3PM game over there.  I understand the time and the game.

But they could have a 1:00 game and it would only be 7:00pm for them.  That seems reasonable for everyone.

Easy fix, play all the games in the USA. Perfect. 

Welcome. 

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

But they could have a 1:00 game and it would only be 7:00pm for them.  That seems reasonable for everyone.

The games he noted are games that would be on at 1:00, so what's the difference?

18 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The games he noted are games that would be on at 1:00, so what's the difference?

That's what I want, no difference between foreign game times and game times here in the states.

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

That's what I want, no difference between foreign game times and game times here in the states.

That's done to add an extra televised game.  If you don't want to get up that early to watch it, then don't.  :dunno:

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If you don't want to get up that early to watch it, then don't.

You can't get brilliant insights like this anywhere else.

Are ya'll enjoying this?  Waking up at 8:30 am (or whatever it is for your time zone) to see a couple teams play a game of football?

With five teams at 5-1, I just looked up when they face each other in the remaining schedule.  And found:

Week 7 SNF - Fins v Eagles

Week 9 8:30 am - Chiefs v Fins

Week 11 MNF - Chiefs v Eagles

Week 13 3:30 - 49ers v Eagles

There's still 8 teams with 2 losses so there will be plenty of other competitive games.  But when I look at that list the top 2 IMO are the 49ers/ Eagles and Chiefs/ Fins as either of those two could determine who ends up with HFA.

I can't imagine many people thinking it's going to be a lot of fun to wake up early and watch the Chiefs/ Fins.  I happen to be at an event in KC the night before, so I'm getting a hotel room and going to the team sponsored watch party at J. Rieger with a German inspired brunch, signature cocktails so I'm good.  But otherwise it's pretty lame.

On 3/1/2022 at 1:52 PM, TBayXXXVII said:

That's done to add an extra televised game.  If you don't want to get up that early to watch it, then don't.  :dunno:

your argument had more merit when it was teams no one really cared about playing.  Except homers, which they'll usually watch their team whenever.  Now you have the biggest matchup in the AFC of the entire year approaching, and I don't think many yet realize the aberration of them having this game in the wee morning hours.

5 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

your argument had more merit when it was teams no one really cared about playing.  Except homers, which they'll usually watch their team whenever.  Now you have the biggest matchup in the AFC of the entire year approaching, and I don't think many yet realize the aberration of them having this game in the wee morning hours.

The NFL's crystal ball must not have been working back in 2022.  Dummy's.  To note, the teams knew about it back then as well and "ok'd" it.

Also, the NFL wants to have good games/teams in Europe, to drive the quality of the product.  The problem they have is how they go about it.  The teams that go there, should have off the week before.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The NFL's crystal ball must not have been working back in 2022.  Dummy's.  To note, the teams knew about it back then as well and "ok'd" it.

Also, the NFL wants to have good games/teams in Europe, to drive the quality of the product.  The problem they have is how they go about it.  The teams that go there, should have off the week before.

The schedule was finalized this spring. The Chiefs asked to play the dolphins in Germany to not have a tyreek homecoming. 

15 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

The schedule was finalized this spring. The Chiefs asked to play the dolphins in Germany to not have a tyreek homecoming. 

So then it's the Chief's fault because they were scared, not the NFL's?

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So then it's the Chief's fault because they were scared, not the NFL's?

sure if you think there is a need to cast blame.

personally I feel a game is a game.  I dont care where or when they play it.   if its on and I'm available to watch then I'll tune in.  if not, then I miss the game.   its really that simple.   its not like it takes away from my ability to view other games.  

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

sure if you think there is a need to cast blame.

personally I feel a game is a game.  I dont care where or when they play it.   if its on and I'm available to watch then I'll tune in.  if not, then I miss the game.   its really that simple.   its not like it takes away from my ability to view other games.  

I'm not really assigning blame, I'm just responding to what was responding to me.  I agree with you.

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm not really assigning blame, I'm just responding to what was responding to me.  I agree with you.

Totally fair.    my point is who cares?  

obviously some people care.  if they didnt this thread wouldnt exist.......but I'm not one of those.

10 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Totally fair.    my point is who cares?  

obviously some people care.  if they didnt this thread wouldnt exist.......but I'm not one of those.

Yup, I said as much last year... 

LOL

Of course, you know who, had a wise-azz response.

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yup, I said as much last year... 

LOL

Of course, you know who, had a wise-azz response.

its ok hes gone.

you can get councilling for your PTSD and move on with your life (kidding of course)

2 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

its ok hes gone.

you can get councilling for your PTSD and move on with your life (kidding of course)

🤣

Yeah, I did notice that he doesn't post any more.  What did I miss?