Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Good Morning

I fought the snow and I won, or more like I bet the snow it would melt before Monday and I won. It's the small things like not shoveling that make me smile. First week of the Nascar season, produced a pretty typical Daytona race. Biggest surprise was the winner-Austin Cindric, probably could have got great odds if you picked him to win. Also watched the movie Yesterday last night, besides being a cute fun movie, really reminded me how much I love the Beatles music, definitely worth a view.

On this day in 1981 Charles Rocket clearly says "f*ck" on "Saturday Night Live" and then on this day in 2022 - a bunch of people Google Charles Rocket?

Every geek, have yourself a great week. 

🖕

Happy Monday Mike, and happy Presidents Day to all!  My wife has the day off so we've got some projects in mind.  Also a golf course about 1 mile from my house opened up 9 holes after being closed like 10 years (huge legal battle, owner tried to sell it to housing developers, judge finally made them keep it as a course, which strikes me as an interesting legal power but I'm not an attorney).  Anyway I want to reward them with some business and the weather is going to be crappier the rest of the week so I may go check it out today. :cheers: 

• Like 1

Mornin' Mike! I don't usually get to reply to these Monday threads because I'm working when you post them. Today, however, I'm enjoying the President's Day holiday. So :cheers: to all the Geeks working today. I'll throw a few back for ya! 

23 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Mornin' Mike! I don't usually get to reply to these Monday threads because I'm working when you post them. Today, however, I'm enjoying the President's Day holiday. So :cheers: to all the Geeks working today. I'll throw a few back for ya! 

You get President's Day off?  How the fock is this even a holiday?  I just had a customer come in the store and as she walked back to the cooler I looked at the calander and said happy Presiden't's day, do you have any big plans?  She quickly paid and left.  

22 minutes ago, fandandy said:

You get President's Day off?  How the fock is this even a holiday?  I just had a customer come in the store and as she walked back to the cooler I looked at the calander and said happy Presiden't's day, do you have any big plans?  She quickly paid and left.  

:dunno: They pay me not to work today. I ain't gonna argue with 'em. 

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

:dunno: They pay me not to work today. I ain't gonna argue with 'em. 

Oh, I get it and am jealous.  It just seems like such a curious holiday to have off.  I just saw a mailman go by.  They don't even get it off and they get everything off.  

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."

:rolleyes:

I don't think I've ever worked at a place that went beyond the standard holidays---Memorial, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Labor...  I usually have to burn a few vacation days between New Year's Day and Memorial Day or I'd go stir crazy.

Day was going pretty well, then I spent over an hour looking for my glasses. Set them down on a pile of USB chords that are the same color as my glasses... :doh: 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Day was going pretty well, then I spent over an hour looking for my glasses. Set them down on a pile of USB chords that are the same color as my glasses... :doh: 

😂

Morning! That's why I have 2. When my favorite one disappears under my nose, there's the back up to help me find it. 😂

58 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Cords, you dolt.

• Thanks 1