Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Deebo-wants out of San Fran

2 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I agree.  Shanny has a way of making things work.

if Lance cannot get it done with Shanny coaching him, he wont get it done anywhere else either.

obviously Shanny had him sitting last year for a reason.   but hes not sitting now so something has changed.   I just dont know what it is yet.

so we wait and see.

So, deebo ended the season with 77/1400/6 rec and 365 for 8 tds rushing

850/5 occurred in the first 8-9 games, as a wr. 

I have to believe he can match that (adding 3ish tds), just change the distribution per game.

I think he’ll hit his incentives: 300/4-5 tds instead of 8.  

very realistic 

3 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

one last thing you have to be aware of with Shanny,   he does not care about your fantasy team.

if he thinks he can win by using Lance as a RB and the guy throws only 10 passes a game, then thats what he will do.

To that end, hes like Belicheck in the sense that you cannot count on predictability from one week to the next.   with a QB like Lance that can be a dangerous thing in terms of drafting WR's from this team.

Less risk with Deebo as they seem to have given him incentive to run the ball, but the bread is likely still buttered through the air because he is a WR.

I agree. If lance can actually improve his accuracy, that will definitely open up his rushing production. I think that will impact Mitchell a little more than deebo

4 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I agree. If lance can actually improve his accuracy, that will definitely open up his rushing production. I think that will impact Mitchell a little more than deebo

yes true.

in the early stages teams will probably key on the run and force him to beat them through the air.

once he shows that he can burn a secondary that plays this way (usually man defense) then the team will have to respect that and it will open up the run game for him again.

if thats the way it shakes out it will be  a good season for the whole offense.

Adding the Deebo factor to the run game means they can run with Deebo, the actual RB or with Lance, so I'm sure this is a way to keep the pass rush passive until Lance can get his Arm where it needs to be.

at least... that would be my best guess on what Shanny is thinking.   You never truly know for sure with that guy.

• Like 1

I still think his adp is two high.  

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

I still think his adp is two high.  

Two spots too high? What's his ADP?

I have no idea where that guy should fall this year.

Mid second round, I’ll change from two sports to six spots to high, I’ll take him in the third round. 

I think the new contract justifies his ADP.  They didn’t pay him that much to let him dictate how he’s going to be used.

The deal means nothing for me at draft time.  Really, he has nothing to do with Samuel either.  If Lance is the QB, everyone on SF is DND at their ADP's.  I just think that dude is going to be terrible and the offense will be pedestrian.  

I would agree that his contract dictates that he’s going to be used a lot, I just don’t think he’ll be nor will the Niners be as productive this season , so I not buying him at his current adp. But into the third round I might buy him, which moves him up my list from the 4th based on the size of his new deal with the Niners.  

With the unprecedented rushing incentives for a WR I am curious to see if he becomes viable as a Wideback.  If I can use him as a RB in fantasy that would make him even more valuable.

• Like 1

Agreed if your league allows you to use Samuel at rb/wr his value would be greater then I have him ranked.  He’s going as a wr only in my two.  

55 minutes ago, Smileseers said:

With the unprecedented rushing incentives for a WR I am curious to see if he becomes viable as a Wideback.  If I can use him as a RB in fantasy that would make him even more valuable.

Interesting.  I see it the other way around.  Like Patterson last year.  Having a RB being able to be used as a WR, that's valuable.  Being able to use a WR as a RB, I don't see it as much.  Reason being, most leagues start more WR's than RB's, so if I can start more RB's, then I'm happy.  I don't see being able to start more WR's as more valuable than starting more RB's.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Interesting.  I see it the other way around.  Like Patterson last year.  Having a RB being able to be used as a WR, that's valuable.  Being able to use a WR as a RB, I don't see it as much.  Reason being, most leagues start more WR's than RB's, so if I can start more RB's, then I'm happy.  I don't see being able to start more WR's as more valuable than starting more RB's.

In PPR scoring, the more quality receivers you can start, the better.  

In standard scoring, you are correct, the more quality RBs you can start, the better.

9 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

In PPR scoring, the more quality receivers you can start, the better.  

In standard scoring, you are correct, the more quality RBs you can start, the better.

Leagues already have taken care of that for the most part.  Outside of stock leagues on websites, custom leagues for the most part, only require you to start 1 RB.

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Leagues already have taken care of that for the most part.  Outside of stock leagues on websites, custom leagues for the most part, only require you to start 1 RB.

It would be only a small minority of leagues that only require 1 starting RB, but in any case, I don't see how that has anything to do with what I said--in PPR scoring, you want to start as many quality WRs as possible, and in standard scoring, you want to start as many quality RBs as possible.

25 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I have seen a fairly even split in 2 rb vs 1 rb required leagues.

If in a ppr league where 2 are required, it can be an advantage due to the trend towards rbbc, nfl rules to allow for more passing, byes, injuries, and covid. deebo could outperform the #2 rb

8 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

I have seen a fairly even split in 2 rb vs 1 rb required leagues.

If in a ppr league where 2 are required, it can be an advantage due to the trend towards rbbc, nfl rules to allow for more passing, byes, injuries, and covid. deebo could outperform the #2 rb

You could be right.  I haven't played in a league that required more than 1 RB in over 15 years.

12 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You could be right.  I haven't played in a league that required more than 1 RB in over 15 years.

I am down to 5 leagues (from 15 about 15 yrs ago)). 2 are ffpc (require 2 rb), 2 dynasty (1 requires 2rb...i keep bringing it up as an offeason change, but it keeps getting voted down), and a keeper which only requires 1rb.

1 required rb is my preference. 

36 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I am down to 5 leagues (from 15 about 15 yrs ago)). 2 are ffpc (require 2 rb), 2 dynasty (1 requires 2rb...i keep bringing it up as an offeason change, but it keeps getting voted down), and a keeper which only requires 1rb.

1 required rb is my preference. 

Then you'd like the 4 leagues I'm in.  LOL   All 4 only require 1 RB.  They're also all 2 QB leagues (they used to be 1, but changed a 4 or 5 years ago), so I don't know if you'd like that.  😀

15 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Then you'd like the 4 leagues I'm in.  LOL   All 4 only require 1 RB.  They're also all 2 QB leagues (they used to be 1, but changed a 4 or 5 years ago), so I don't know if you'd like that.  😀

I don't love the super flex (or required 2 qb)

8 team league, start 1 RB, and spin the big ol' Wheel of Weekly Fortunes.

I prefer deeper leagues where you actually have to be familiar with players beyond the top 10.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

8 team league, start 1 RB, and spin the big ol' Wheel of Weekly Fortunes.

I prefer deeper leagues where you actually have to be familiar with players beyond the top 10.

And you like best ball leagues, were you don’t need to set a weekly roster, oh you tough guy.  

Thanks. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

And you like best ball leagues, were you don’t need to set a weekly roster, oh you tough guy.  

Thanks. 

Look we all have our preferences.  the best ball format allows him to play more leagues.

its not for me, but I understand it.

I can only play so many draft/auction leagues where I need to set the lineup weekly.  

each format has its own challenges.  I dont fault him for picking this one or anyone else for picking others.   I do find it strange that some who are in no leagues like to post here from time to time but to that I say different strokes for different folks.  so long as the convo is intelligent I dont really care what kind of league you play in (if any)

11 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Look we all have our preferences.  the best ball format allows him to play more leagues.

I can only play so many draft/auction leagues where I need to set the lineup weekly.  

each format has its own challenges.  I dont fault him for picking this one or anyone else for picking others.   I do find it strange that some who are in no leagues like to post here from time to time but to that I say different strokes for different folks.  so long as the convo is intelligent I dont really care what kind of league you play in (if any)

Ray T, don’t defend Axe.  Some of the stuff he posts has value.  He does a good job of understanding his environment when drafting.  But he’s really obnoxious, and insults everyone just to do it.  And for every decent call he makes, he misses on five.  
I should start a new post with a poll for Who likes what Elf posts vs Who thinks he brings no value, but Mike would probably shut it down pretty quickly.

On 8/5/2022 at 5:46 PM, Ray_T said:

My apologies Ray,, and I apologize to Axe, I hope we can all be friends. 🤪

Thanks.