Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Video shows Syracuse police detaining crying 8-year-old boy

So a cop "detains" an 8 year to keep him from running away cause he just got caught stealing from a place that a bunch of kids have been stealing from, and people go crazy over it. 

Yeah, let's teach the kids early on that stealing is ok by letting them run away. 

5 million viewers probably wanting dead cops. 

A bystander video that shows Syracuse, New York, police detaining a sobbing 8-year-old boy has prompted an internal investigation, officials said.

The video, which garnered 5 million views as of Wednesday morning, shows an officer who is behind the boy and restraining him by both arms while the child is crying.

Another officer appears and tells the man: “He’s stealing stuff. If he breaks into your house and steals something.” His voice then becomes inaudible.

“Y’all treat him like a hardcore, blooded f------ killer,” the man replies.

The officer says: “Keep walking dude. You don’t even know what you’re talking about.”

The camera then pans to a police vehicle where the boy was placed.

A second voice can be heard.

“That’s crazy,” the person says. “How old is he? 10 years old?”

The one-minute clip begins with a man off-camera asking the officer holding the boy what police are doing before commenting that the child “looks like a baby to me.”

“Officers were responding to a call for a larceny that had just occurred at a nearby business. Based on what I have seen, the body camera footage demonstrates no handcuffs were used by officers at any time. The child was placed in the back of a patrol car and taken home to his family. The officer knew the child from prior interactions and explained to him that he was being taken home. The officers returned the child to his family and discussed the incident with his father before leaving without filing any charges.”

NBC affiliate WSTM of Syracuse reported the boy in the video is 8 years old. The news station also spoke to the bystander who said he shot the video.

“I felt his terror and decided to intervene,” the bystander, Kenneth Jackson, said. Police did not handle the matter correctly, according to Jackson.

“There’s a way that the police need to interact with kids, and what they did that day was completely unacceptable,” he said.

“No child should ever experience abuse at the hands of law enforcement. There is no justification for the Syracuse police to traumatize an 8-year-old,” Sisitzky said.

"Spinning concern about petty crimes into fears about public safety is irresponsible and reckless, causes a lifetime of harm to Black and Brown children, and is straight out of a broken playbook. The City of Syracuse must investigate this incident immediately and hold these officers accountable for any wrongdoing.”

blah blah blah.......

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/video-shows-syracuse-police-detaining-crying-8-year-old-boy/ar-AAWpCRs?li=BBnb7Kz

6 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

If it traumatizes the kid into not breaking the law in the future, I'd say that's a good thing.

Right? Whatever happened to “scared straight” 

I saw a few times when evil mother's were DETAINING their kid's in grocery stores. Some even put their young kids on a leash in busy malls so they don't get kidnapped  They treat them like dogs!! No. SLAVES!!!!

Oh, the horror. 

Maybe if there were some discipline in the schools this wouldn’t happen. We all know we can’t expect any at home. Good work out of those cops. It s something I wouldn’t give a second thought about after it was over but these days it’s a national news story because Kenneth Jackson, who I’m sure is an upstanding citizen, had to open his big mouth. Fock off. 

Was this young lad going to Fenway for the first time?

How else he posta get his money? :dunno:

That's some nice detainin', boys.  

• Haha 1

There needs to some serious investigating going on about this. 

This is right up there with the seriousness of a gay black actor hiring two white guys to pretend beat him up. MAGA.