Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - QB Kenny Pickett, Steelers

Draft Profile

Team Fit: Pickett is the most pro-ready QB in the class with Kirk Cousins-level upside. Following Big Ben's retirement, Pittsburgh had little choice but to go quarterback with only Mitch Trubisky and Mason Rudolph serving as legitimate options. Pickett emerged in a big way in his third season under the tutelage of former OC Mark Whipple. While Pickett lacks the overall upside of some of the more athletic quarterbacks that are now vogue in the league, he brings some rushing upside to the table.

I like the Steelers strategy, bring in a couple flawed qb's and hope one sticks. 

Man I'd like to have him with just cousins, but I'd have to drop Renfrow or ceh...

As if things weren't bad enough those who drafted Najee Harris, the Steelers have a new QB who vultured 2 tds already. 

Very unprofessional of Kenny to score those rushing TDs before fantasy managers had a chance to get him in their lineup and sell high on Najee Harris. :dunno:

Does anyone think he has a shot at finishing like a top 10 qb from here on out? Seems rookie qbs are having more success lately, he has decent weapons and they seem to want to give him his chance now.   He also had an arm from what I saw yesterday.   Sure there will be some growing pains, but I'm thinking there could be potential here. 

I hope so.  Every Superflex league where I neglected my QBs and took Trubisky, I have Pickett waiting in the wings, hopefully as a mid-season upgrade.

Tomlin hopes so. 

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Does anyone think he has a shot at finishing like a top 10 qb from here on out? Seems rookie qbs are having more success lately, he has decent weapons and they seem to want to give him his chance now.   He also had an arm from what I saw yesterday.   Sure there will be some growing pains, but I'm thinking there could be potential here. 

Top 10 is pushing it.

Top 15 is possible.

in most formats outside of 2QB/superflex he is just a streaming option at this point.

if you are starting him, you likely have larger issues on your team.

10 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

If you're starting him next week in a single QB league, that IS the single largest issue on your team!

24 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Top 10 is pushing it.

Top 15 is possible.

in most formats outside of 2QB/superflex he is just a streaming option at this point.

his name is Kirk Cousins.

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Lol so now you’re asking if a streaming Qb could be a top Qb from here on out.  Based on the question you asked me last night , I find this interesting, of course he could be, but it’s hard to imagine he’s going to be , but from time to time he could be.  

So I guess your thinking of picking up this streaming Qb? Lol.  

45 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Lol so now you’re asking if a streaming Qb could be a top Qb from here on out.  Based on the question you asked me last night , I find this interesting, of course he could be, but it’s hard to imagine he’s going to be , but from time to time he could be.  

I'm not looking for a streaming qb.  I'm looking for a consistent qb, who'll end up hopefully in top 7 qbs or so that was anticipated to be drafted later.  I thought it might have been Cousins, but he's not getting it done to this point.

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

How’s that double digit round stud Kirk Cousins working out for you?  He is ranked as QB17 in my league. Meanwhile Patty Mahomes is the QB4. Thank you Jeebus I didn’t wait till the double digit rounds to get my stud QB. Blessings 🙏

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

I'm not looking for a streaming qb.  I'm looking for a consistent qb, who'll end up hopefully in top 7 qbs or so that was anticipated to be drafted later.  I thought it might have been Cousins, but he's not getting it done to this point.

22 minutes ago, jrokh said:

How’s that double digit round stud Kirk Cousins working out for you?  He is ranked as QB17 in my league. Meanwhile Patty Mahomes is the QB4. Thank you Jeebus I didn’t wait till the double digit rounds to get my stud QB. Blessings 🙏

Maybe you need to ask the poster above that question, I’ve owned Geno Smith on three teams last two weeks, you must have missed that , yeah and did you notice that my streaming Qb has out scored Mahomes each of the last two games.  So doing great, thanks for the concern.  It’s not only draft qbs in the double digit rounds, but then it’s letting them go and streaming. 

Thanks.