Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

what do you like on your weiner?

18 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Cheese is always good.  I'd do ketchup instead of mustard with cheese. 

oh no, if i go cheese then its definitely ketchup. Mustard goes alone on a dog. Chili also with the cheese.

i hate onions and never been a fan of kraut. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

oh no, if i go cheese then its definitely ketchup. Mustard goes alone on a dog. Chili also with the cheese.

i hate onions and never been a fan of kraut. 

Chili is OK with it, although I'm not a big fan of that greasy Cincy stuff (sorry @bostonlager).  My wife loves chili cheese fries; she generally eats really healthy, but if that is on the menu she has to get it.

Raw onions I typically hate and would never put just them and mustard on a dog, but combined with the other ingredients on a Chicago dog it works for me.  Note that when I make them myself I use very thin/small pieces of onion and not very much.

Kraut I'm also not a huge fan of but it's OK with some things.  I don't put it on a dog but a brat or sausage I'll put a little.

On 5/31/2022 at 3:05 PM, edjr said:

Frumunda

I've been telling this joke a lot lately. There's a whole new generation of chefs who had no idea wtf this was. 

They think it's the funniest thing ever.

Damn, the classics never die.

Not to sound all yuppie like, but Sriracha is great on a f****** dog. F*** ketchup. Siracha.

Also, if you don't know what chow chow is? Look it up. F****** brilliant on a dog. Even a bad dog tastes a thousand times better with chow chow.

One of the things that I really hate about Chicago dogs. And I like Chicago dogs in general. But don't give me a quarter of a f****** tomato on my God damn hot dog. Dice it up. I'm fine with that. But don't give me a God damn wedge of tomato. That's f****** impossible to eat. Why don't you just throw a God damn wedge salad on there while you're at it?

Chicago sucks at many things in my opinion.  Pizza, the hot dogs you speak of with tomatoes, and football.   

Mustard and relish. Only buy the Hebrew National dogs nowadays.