Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

So When Does The 70's & 80'S Sports Player Draft Start ?

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m out. 

No, man. Don't. We're just floating ideas... maybe you have some suggestions.

Earl CampBell

in. 

Let me know when format is set and we are ready to go

7 hours ago, Voltaire said:

No, man. Don't. We're just floating ideas... maybe you have some suggestions.

Ok. I just don’t dig the giants fan vibe I get. 

Maybe instead of full teams, we do it the BHB way. Your get ten players per team sport and Olympics. But then we have mend and women’s tennis,  golf, auto racing, soccer could be a ton.

Then we have the same problem as the TV show draft. Player A’s rookie career was 1989 where he made three appearances, then went on to a  superstar 22 year career deep into the 2000s. What do we do with him and his  counterpart from the 50s and 60s?

I think the Big Sports Football, Baseball and Basketball you should have to draft 10 from each sports. The lesser sports 5 each or less. Just throwing that out there.

2 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I think the Big Sports Football, Baseball and Basketball you should have to draft 10 from each sports. The lesser sports 5 each or less. Just throwing that out there.

I agree.

Probably need to throw golf in there too?

Hockey isn’t a lesser sport. Also, there’s a difference between team and individual sports that needs considering. 

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Hockey isn’t a lesser sport. Also, there’s a difference between team and individual sports that needs considering. 

It isn't now but back then it kinda was, It being a team sports too could see more picks for it though.

Also, unless we wait a month and a half, I can’t commish this one. When Chinese school lets out, I will only have time for being a regular participant.

We’ll either need someone else to step up or this’ll be on hold. TBBOM and bostonlager had some ideas for using a spreadsheet which should make the job easier.

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

Also, unless we wait a month and a half, I can’t commish this one. When Chinese school lets out, I will only have time for being a regular participant.

We’ll either need someone else to step up or this’ll be on hold. TBBOM and bostonlager had some ideas for using a spreadsheet which should make the job easier.

Like I said I can't do what you do as commish and I'm cool with waiting. Would love to see this happen at some point and think it can be the funniest of them all.

2 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I'll take this one if you like. In two weeks I'm off for two months. Not that I do much now.

30 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I'll take this one if you like. In two weeks I'm off for two months. Not that I do much now.

That would be awesome and two weeks would be cool to workout the kinks with this and others input,

1 hour ago, BeenHereBefore said:

That would be awesome and two weeks would be cool to workout the kinks with this and others input,

Let me ask this.

What I am thinking is make an excel spreadsheet. Every draft slot will be on there.

Rather than picking here (or in addition to if you prefer) everyone will type their pick in the spreadsheet.

That way it doesn't have to be constantly updated, and it is easy to search if something has already been taken.

Any objections to that system?

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Let me ask this.

What I am thinking is make an excel spreadsheet. Every draft slot will be on there.

Rather than picking here (or in addition to if you prefer) everyone will type their pick in the spreadsheet.

That way it doesn't have to be constantly updated, and it is easy to search if something has already been taken.

Any objections to that system?

I know nothing about Excel and if it makes it easier okay. If it takes away the human factor that we can't bs after picks not a big fan. Up to all the other drafters as well and see if they are cool with it.

2 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I know nothing about Excel and if it makes it easier okay. If it takes away the human factor that we can't bs after picks not a big fan. Up to all the other drafters as well and see if they are cool with it.

We can still make the picks here too and bs here and all that.

12 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

We can still make the picks here too and bs here and all that.

I'm cool with it if others are.

1 hour ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I'm cool with it if others are.

I also. And don’t really care how long it takes. It’s fun to do and brings us here. Again!

• Like 1

10 Players each sport Football, Baseball. Basketball

3 Hockey

3 Boxers

2 Golf male or female

2 Tennis male or female

2 Olympics male or female

2 Coaches

1 Soccer

5 Wildcards

Makes it a even 50 rds and thoughts ?

1 minute ago, BeenHereBefore said:

3 Hockey

3 Boxers

2 Golf male or female

2 Tennis male or female

2 Coaches

1 Soccer

5 Wildcards

Makes it a even 50 and thoughts ?

Works for me.

38 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

3 Hockey

3 Boxers

2 Golf male or female

2 Tennis male or female

2 Coaches

1 Soccer

5 Wildcards

Really good. Don’t think I’ll use a listing of or for this one. No years and what not . This one will be straight up.

3 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Really good. Don’t think I’ll use a listing of or for this one. No years and what not . This one will be straight up.

Thanks and yea no years required as long as the players played in the 70's and 80's. Even if it was just one year it counts since will be so many choices. Anyhow throwing it out there and want to hear more from others that will be drafting.

4 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Thanks and yea no years required as long as the players played in the 70's and 80's. Even if it was just one year it counts since will be so many choices. Anyhow throwing it out there and want to hear more from others that will be drafting.

I’m out if we can’t choose early players not into and after the 70’s To many great players and coaches, eliminated and eligible as great. 

1 minute ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

I’m out if we can’t choose early players not into and after the 70’s To many great players and coaches, eliminated and eligible as great. 

Like I said just throwing it out there if people want that its fine too. We need more input on this from others that are going to draft.

12 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

This may not even happen but again think it would be the best of them all if it does.

Going to eliminate Babe Ruth, Rock Nutney, and Sayers??? Last century into the 21st. And so many others. Olympian’s? Golfers? Coaches? Dumb imho if we can’t. Do your homework. 

1 minute ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Going to eliminate Babe Ruth, Rock Nutney, and Sayers??? Last century into the 21st. And so many others. Olympian’s? Golfers? Coaches? Dumb imho if we can’t. Do your homework. 

Well was supposed to be the 70's and 80's draft and players most of us actually seen play. I'm done scarp the whole thing.

16 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

I meant of the drafts we had. Being this is more of a sport forum and think others will like this more.

4 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

3 Hockey

3 Boxers

2 Golf male or female

2 Tennis male or female

2 Coaches

1 Soccer

5 Wildcards

It’s depressing how little regard this has for hockey which was #1 or #1a along side baseball. 

55 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

It’s depressing how little regard this has for hockey which was #1 or #1a along side baseball. 

You run it then! I'm out! With it all!