Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Preseason Week 2 - Observations

8 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I did a quick search to see how wr units were ranked. Unfortunately, the first 2 lists hit paywalls (PFF,ESPN). So, I had to settle for the first free one which was USA Today which ranked the Giants WR- 25th. So, in that context the answer to your question is 7.

That's probably right.  Off the top of my head, I'd probably say Chicago, Jacksonville, New England, Indy, Green Bay, and Baltimore.  Houston... maybe, but Cooks is a solid WR at the top of their corp and he's way better than anyone the Giants have.  I'll call that one a push.

ETA: After thinking about it bit more, Atlanta's is pretty crappy and so is Cleveland's.  Not really sure that anyone could say with full assurance that any one of those teams is better or worse than the other... with the exception of maybe Atlanta and Jacksonville.  They're probably the two worst.

agreed.

I do think there is a fair chance Toney will be good this year, but thats far from being a sure thing  I'd rather have Cooks for fantasy as hes more of a sure thing.

But Toney Flashed a bit before he got hurt last year so I'm optomistic that he will be the #1 guy in New York this year.   he was highly regarded in college as well.

but given his ADP you dont risk a whole lot in getting Toney.   so I dont mind taking the risk at that price.  the upside is definitely there

Had this turned into the preseason week 3 thread?

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

but given his ADP you dont risk a whole lot in getting Toney.   so I dont mind taking the risk at that price.  the upside is definitely there

I’ll pass, he can’t l won’t stay healthy , at his price if I don’t get JuJu I’ll take S Moore.  

17 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I’ll pass, he can’t l won’t stay healthy , at his price if I don’t get JuJu I’ll take S Moore.  

the sample size is small.  

he got hurt once in his rookie year and missed a few games.   if he gets hurt again we will see a pattern.   sometimes you gotta write off the injury as a one off.

but thats ok, maybe thats one of the factors keeping his ADP as low as it is.

29 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

the sample size is small.  

he got hurt once in his rookie year and missed a few games.   if he gets hurt again we will see a pattern.   sometimes you gotta write off the injury as a one off.

but thats ok, maybe thats one of the factors keeping his ADP as low as it is.

I see name this offseason with some kind of injury.  

He might just be one of those players that continue with nagging injuries. 

On 8/23/2022 at 5:39 AM, Kopy said:

Anyone think Collin Johnson could be the Giants receiver to own?

Looks like he tore his Achilles.  And thus endeth the Collin Johnson era.

2 hours ago, nobody said:

yep.  probably a 2 year recovery.  will play next year but wont be 100% until year after.

tough break

That’s horrible.  

15 hours ago, nobody said:

Just read that. Looks like that takes care of that question.