Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

NCAA Football

16 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

New AP Top 25 Poll.  We’ll find out soon what the rankings that matter most say.  

1. Michigan (51)
2. Washington (11)
3. Texas
4. Florida State
5. Alabama
6. Georgia
7. Ohio State
8. Oregon
9. Missouri
10. Penn State

If this holds and there's no SEC school in the playoffs... wow...

5 hours ago, jonmx said:

The only sure thing is #1 Michigan and #2 Washington.  There are good cases to be made for Texas, FSU, Alabama and Georgia.  That leaves 6 possible combinations of teams that make it, and 12 possible seeding arrangements/matchups.... what a mess.  

Mich vs. Texas, Wash vs. FSU

Mich vs. FSU, Wash vs. Texas

Mich vs. Texas, Wash vs Bama

Mich vs. Bama, Wash vs. Texas

Mich vs. GA, Wash vs. Texas

Mich vs. Texas, Wash vs. GA

Mich vs FSU, Wash vs Bama

Mich vs. Bama, Wash vs. FSU

Mich vs. FSU, Wash vs. GA

Mich vs. GA, Wash vs. FSU

Mich vs. Bama, Wash vs. GA

MICH vs. GA, Wash vs. Bama

Eventhough the SEC has dominated college football for nearly two decades, I really don't think they were all that great this year.   I would hate if Georgia and Alabama would make it.   But there is going to be people who feel Georgia is still a top 4 team because of recent history.  It is going to be a nasty fight inside those walls today.  IMHO, Texas should be a lock for #3.   

This means Wash vs. Texas should be a lock.    

Alabama has to be given priority over Georgia.  Leaving Michigan to play either FSU or Alabama.  I think they have to give the nod to Bama,  because they can't ignore how the SEC has dominated (and the ratings).

So Mich vs. Bama will be the other match-up.  

Not my favorite choice, but the most logical scenario.  They could rationalize flipping Texas and Bama, but the head to head is hard to dismiss even being week 2.  But FSU will rightfully feel totally screwed.  

Got it 

10 hours ago, thegeneral said:

I’m going with: 

Michigan

UW

Texas

Bama

Nice call :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

OFFICIAL

1. MICHIGAN

2. WASHINGTON

3. TEXAS

4. ALABAMA

where are you seeing this?

Just now, Voltaire said:

where are you seeing this?

ESPN live on TV - College Football Playoff Selection Show.

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

dumb

Their only real option was to swap out Alabama with FSU.  They went for the SEC legacy and TV hype/ratings.   FSU deserved it, but Bama looks like the better team.  

It should be based on what's earned, not perception of 13 individuals. Truly retarded like college football has always been.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

Nice call :thumbsup:

You got to feel bad for FSU but Bama and SEC is too much draw to leave out. 

Michigan Bama going to be a helluva a game.

1 hour ago, thegeneral said:

I’d much rather watch Michigan Bama than Michigan FSU.

Expand to 8 teams!

As a Michigan fan, I get the sense Alabama will be much more formidable than QB-less Florida State. 

For old times sake, playing Washington in the Rose Bowl to close out the Pac10 might have been a bit special  Many traditions are going out of the window.

38 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

As a Michigan fan, I get the sense Alabama will be more formidable than QB-less Florida State. 

For old times sake, playing Washington in the Rose Bowl to close out the Pac10 might have been a bit special 

I live in Seattle now but grew up in Big10 county. Dont care about the Huskies and love giving their fans crap but this team is great and has beef up front on the Oline which I don’t think they had in past.

Last time they made it to the tourney they looked comical against Bama (think it was them) when they lined up. I don’t think that’s the case with this squad, they have the best QB left IMO, and an elite WR. Will be a tough out.

Totally surprised but I am glad that the committee got some of it right…  I really thought that Georgia was in as no team being #1 in next-to-last CFP never dropped out of the playoffs…

Though technically they still have two SEC teams in there…

FSwhU?

This is a complete farce and insanity.  Things like beauty pageants, figure skating  and gymnastics are decided by judges “opinions” of who is best.  

This is GD football.  Games, wins & losses matter MOST.  Michigan, Washington and FSU are all Power 5 schools, went UNDEFEATED.  That’s on the field results. They should be 1-2-3 no brainer ranked.  Duh.   Then the last spot has to be argued about between any 1 Loss teams.  

FOOTBALL IS NOT A BEAUTY PAGEANT.  You play to win the game.   

On 12/2/2023 at 9:30 PM, Voltaire said:

Iowa's D is playing well, not their fault that both Michigan TDs came from drives that started around the 5 yard line.

That game was so frustrating.  The score does not represent how the game went.  Iowa could not get out of it's own way or catch any breaks.  They don't have the offense to survive that.

Oh, good grief. The changing nature of college football just gets worse and worse. As if the suck-my- transfer portal weren't enough, as if the decimation of the Pac-10 weren't enough, now vast amounts of players opting out of playing in Bowl Games. :mad:

These kids are one year mercenary rentals with no pride, no character, and no loyalty to the program they belong to and will develop them.

9 hours ago, Voltaire said:

These kids are one year mercenary rentals with no pride, no character, and no loyalty to the program they belong to and will develop them.

liberals must be to blame somehow 

13 minutes ago, edjr said:

liberals must be to blame somehow 

Nice catch. A lack of pride, character, and loyalty are also common traits found of liberals. I'd not made the connection.

Abandoning your teammates in a Bowl Game is only something a liberal would consider doing.

It's gameday for my favorite football team :banana:

Nebraska is getting a Qb.  

3 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

It's gameday for my favorite football team :banana:

The Chiefs lost yesterday...

3 hours ago, posty said:

The Chiefs lost yesterday...

Touchdown Luke Grimm :pointstosky:

KU gonna win the big 12 next year and make the championship bracket. 

That’s not saying much, since both Texas and OU will be gone.  The big 12 needs to rename its self, the mediocre 12.  

November 13 2010, last time Kansas was beaten by Nebraska, at that time it was the longest non- interrupted rivalry in college football history.  

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

That’s not saying much, since both Texas and OU will be gone.  The big 12 needs to rename its self, the mediocre 12.  

November 13 2010, last time Kansas was beaten by Nebraska, at that time it was the longest non- interrupted rivalry in college football history.  

Just like when Mizzou and Texas A&M left, it was doomsday and the end of the Big 12 as we knew it :mellow:

Also, football isn't the only sport.  For the teams of the Big 12 for the upcoming season, you currently have Kansas, Houston, Arizona (3 of the top 4 current teams), BYU, and Baylor ranked along with Colorado, Utah, Iowa State receiving votes.  I think the conference will be just fine. 

It’s not doomsday, it’s a down grade in quality.   The conference for now will carry on , but I don’t see it lasting long.  

Yes football isn’t the only sport, but it’s the sport that produces the most income.  

OU, and Texas leaving is a big hit to the longevity of the conference, I see a pac 10 situation in a very short time.  

Hopefully Kansas wises I soon.  Let’s not compare A&M and Missouri to OU, AND TEXAS.  

Georgia appears to have been royally focked

Congrats to Michigan and Washington. I was rooting for Washington because there's some Rose Bowl history there and more, as I seem to recall how back in Bo's day, he'd often schedule Washington as a non-conference opponent. 

Texas on the other hand, I don't recall ever playing.

Glad to see the rival conferences Big Ten and Pac 10 go at it one last time too. Along the way, Michigan outplayed and knocked the SEC champ out.