Sign in to follow this  
blackhawks

Fools gold or legit

Taysom Hill and Geno Smith.

Can they sustain this productivity or will they come back down to earth. Which one has a better chance of keeping up with this pace of production. I know it’s unrealistic to think Hill will have another week like this past weekend but are we finally seeing what he can do if used properly? Will the eventual return of Winston completely zap Hill?

Geno has been playing out of his mind and no one saw this coming..

I think, considering his weapons, he can continue this production.

are they for real or fools gold??

I think Hill will get some packages each game even if/when Winston comes back (like he did in week one).  The risk is that his floor is essentially a zero if his handful of package plays don't work.  You'd think that NFL defenses would eventually figure out how to stop him (but they certainly haven't so far).

I don't think that Geno suddenly turned into Mahomes, but he should continue to be a backend QB1 or high QB2 for the rest of the season.  I think he has earned a long leash, so I don't see the Hawks turning to Lock any time soon.  The Seahawks D isn't what it once was, so gamescripts should be favorable for QB fantasy points.

41 minutes ago, Showboat said:

I think Hill will get some packages each game even if/when Winston comes back (like he did in week one).  The risk is that his floor is essentially a zero if his handful of package plays don't work.  You'd think that NFL defenses would eventually figure out how to stop him (but they certainly haven't so far).

I don't think that Geno suddenly turned into Mahomes, but he should continue to be a backend QB1 or high QB2 for the rest of the season.  I think he has earned a long leash, so I don't see the Hawks turning to Lock any time soon.  The Seahawks D isn't what it once was, so gamescripts should be favorable for QB fantasy points.

Good call about smith and game scripts….I’m thinking of adding him as insurance behind hurts in my high stakes league…although I feel like I may have some competition in faab this week for him…he has bottles vibes from that year way back where he was lighting up garbage/catch up,time

Can’t trust Hill, but Geno has been a great double digit round Qb, and a great stream. 

Never like to root for injuries, but I wouldn't be mad at Kamara for pulling a Tanya Harding on Taysom. Greedy sombitch!

Here’s my take on Hill. Yes, he has a low floor every week, but after the top 3-4 TEs which other TE doesn’t have a low floor every week?  I’d say he has a higher ceiling than anyone after the top 3-4 TEs.  As a Pitts owner (ouch) I just traded away a WR I didn’t need (Samuel) for Hill. TE is such a dumpster for anyway, why not take a shot on him?  Ultimately, they paid him $40 million, so why wouldn’t they keep using him to some extent, especially if it’s working? 

• Thanks 1

I have Pitts too, and picked up Hill on FAB. What a year of bad moves for me. In fact, I think I'm starting a thread about bad moves.

Fools gold, both.

Geno Smith is still a dummy prone to mistakes. You saw it in the second half of the Saints loss. The Seahawks did a good job working on him but the threads will unravel as opposing teams adjust and frustrations mount. He’ll return to low end QB2 status where he belongs.

Taysom Hill is a gadget player. Now if you can start him as a TE or whatever stupid shiot, then he might be worth hoping for a huge game like against Seattle. But most weeks he’ll do very little since he just doesn’t get the touches. I like watching him play but he’s not a steady fantasy player. 

Taysom Hill certainly has a weekly upside that most TEs don't.

However, he's probably not gonna be very consistent. I don't know that it makes him any different than most TEs.

He may only get you a point or two most weeks, and then maybe two games, he's gonna explode for 35 pts or something.

Is that better or worse than a guy who gets you 5-6 pts most weeks and then 3-4 games he gets you 10-15 pts? Your call...

I think though the big risk, he actually plays QB and is listed as a TE again like last season.

hes a guy you start in a matchup you expect to lose.  if he goes off for 20+ points you have a chance.  if he gives you a goose egg, you were probably losing anyhow.....

I would start him if I was expected to win , why not the possibility to pile on. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I would start him if I was expected to win , why not the possibility to pile on. 

I figure Taysom Hill has an off chance to have a big game that very few TEs can match. Just like this past week.

Considering most TEs only give you a minimal amount of points any way, I feel like it's not a bad option to risk that minimal amount for a big payoff.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I figure Taysom Hill has an off chance to have a big game that very few TEs can match. Just like this past week.

Considering most TEs only give you a minimal amount of points any way, I feel like it's not a bad option to risk that minimal amount for a big payoff.

Agreed.