Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

Eric Bieniemy

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

McCoy was there. You weren’t.  

You don't have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

10 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

I just listened to the initial Eric Bieniemy presser .. and I don't believe for one damn minute that he did not interview well.  Talk is talk and bullsh!t walks but he spoke very well and answered all the reporters questions extremely well.  Again, talk is talk but that's what interviews are.

As far as Shady McCoy - the dude was once great running and catching the ball BUT he was on the downside of his career and was being phased out .. and he didn't like it .. and he damn sure wasn't gonna blame Andy Reid.  

And lastly, Andy Reid himself indicated that Eric Bieniemy was a crucial part of game plans and ON THE FIELD PRACTICES meaning he put a foot in your azz if you didn't practice the right way.  Andy was good cop / Eric Bieniemy was bad cop.  And the Redskins' players better get ready for practices to be more than the party-time that they have been, recently.

What do you think they meant by interview poorly?  You think a HC interview with the heads of a franchise is the same sort of discussion being had at a press conference?   Or you thought they meant he could only speak in broken english? 

29 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

What do you think they meant by interview poorly?  You think a HC interview with the heads of a franchise is the same sort of discussion being had at a press conference?   Or you thought they meant he could only speak in broken english? 

I don't know the answer to your question .. but I just heard a 10+ years NFL veteran player say on the radio that he thinks some writer made that statement (without giving a name) and some other writers picked up the story and ran with it.  He went on to say that he has spoken with several NFL GMs and a few Owners who said that they had never heard of any NFL GM nor Owner ever say it.

5 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

I don't know the answer to your question .. but I just heard a 10+ years NFL veteran player say on the radio that he thinks some writer made that statement (without giving a name) and some other writers picked up the story and ran with it.  He went on to say that he has spoken with several NFL GMs and a few Owners who said that they had never heard of any NFL GM nor Owner ever say it.

Oh Im not counting it as fact.  It was rumored.  Im just saying putting on a press conference and using catch phrases and coach speak in front of media is a little different than what they do while interviewing for coaching positions.  Interviewing poorly doesn't really mean he can't speak.

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Oh Im not counting it as fact.  It was rumored.  Im just saying putting on a press conference and using catch phrases and coach speak in front of media is a little different than what they do while interviewing for coaching positions.  Interviewing poorly doesn't really mean he can't speak.

I'd agree mostly true BUT not completely true.

Also, no NFL GM nor Owner has admitted to saying it.

Maybe they asked him about his thoughts on the passing game. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Maybe they asked him about his thoughts on the passing game. 

I can't imagine a 9 year NFL player and 20+ year Coach wouldn't have some ideas about it .. and surely more than any GM or Owner would know.

Wouldn't u agree.

15 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

I'd agree mostly true BUT not completely true.

Also, no NFL GM nor Owner has admitted to saying it.

Im not really into investigating whether or not the rumor is true.  

When do GMs ever come out to thr public and ssy listen this guy interviewed like crap thats why we didn't hire him?

This isn't that interesting to me anymore.  He went to be an OC somewhere else with lesser talent like I called.  Lets see how he does.  We can speculate what is what all day but we have no idea.  

12 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Im not really into investigating whether or not the rumor is true.  

When do GMs ever come out to thr public and ssy listen this guy interviewed like crap thats why we didn't hire him?

This isn't that interesting to me anymore.  He went to be an OC somewhere else with lesser talent like I called.  Lets see how he does.  We can speculate what is what all day but we have no idea.  

Fair enough.  So, you'd agree that it was never said that he was a bad interview.

On 2/1/2023 at 9:11 PM, Drizzay said:

I've heard he is not a good people person.

Players already questioning his coaching style.  Riveria made it worse by commenting on it.  

In the end the players look like pansies.  But this is also sort of on brand with what people rumored him to be.  And perhaps why he isn't a HC yet after piggybacking the best QB in the league and Andy Reid.   

3 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Players already questioning his coaching style.  Riveria made it worse by commenting on it.  

In the end the players look like pansies.  But this is also sort of on brand with what people rumored him to be.  And perhaps why he isn't a HC yet after piggybacking the best QB in the league and Andy Reid.   

I hear ya, but vermeil didn't win football games because he was nice to people.   Maybe there is a reason why these guys aren't winning, and need a bit of a different culture. 

12 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

I hear ya, but vermeil didn't win football games because he was nice to people.   Maybe there is a reason why these guys aren't winning, and need a bit of a different culture. 

I agree and thats why I said the players complaining are probably pansies.    

But in today's NFL players gravitate towards different things than they did even 10 years ago.  

He had some rift with Mahomes.  Reid was probably a good middleman.  Owners are afraid to go hire a first time HC who is that feisty.  Maybe he gets his point across and helps change that culture.   If he gets them to buy in it goes a long way towards future HCing.  If they fail to gravitate towards his coaching it sets him back.  In today's NFL it is more on coaching to adapt to players than it is players adapting to coaches.