weepaws

Update: Joe Mixon, Bengals Agree on Restructured Contract

On 7/5/2023 at 1:05 PM, weepaws said:

I think he’s still news worthy until I draft.  

Oh cool. You go girl.

He took a pay cut, very interesting.  

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

He took a pay cut, very interesting.  

Podcast I recently heard said it best - "eyeball test last year, Joe Mixon looked plodding." Perplexing why Bengals didn't invest more in a very deep rb class.  Though just being the Bengals starting Rb is good enough for 15th or so. ADP 2nd - 3rd rd...  no thanks.

Half ppr last season, Mixon produced 209 points, 52 of those points came in one game, based on avg minus those 52 points , he’s in the high 20es.   Everything I’ve read about his 2022 season was that he looked flat.  I’m seeing his adp in the low 3rd round high 4th rd, I’m not buying until his adp drops into the 5th rd.   But I am targeting C Brown very late.  

19 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Half ppr last season, Mixon produced 209 points, 52 of those points came in one game, based on avg minus those 52 points , he’s in the high 20es.   Everything I’ve read about his 2022 season was that he looked flat.  I’m seeing his adp in the low 3rd round high 4th rd, I’m not buying until his adp drops into the 5th rd.   But I am targeting C Brown very late.  

FFPros ranks Mixon 15th, which is about mid-3rd. Finished 13th last year, thanks to a career high 60 receptions. Only 210 carries though... and uninspiring 3.9 avg. Weird thing Mixon... entering his seventh season, only 26. Drafted when he was 19.

Who knows if Bengals would sign an out-of-work rb if Mixon went down or use Brown. Maybe both.

From what I’ve read, the Bengals do own a horrible oline.  

On 5/7/2023 at 8:21 AM, Super Cubs said:

I assume the Bengals are not that worried about Mixon's situation. The draft is over it appears to still be Mixon's job to lose.  I don't know anything about rookie Chase Brown. I guess there is still time to add a free agent. No big moves could be good news Mixon owners.

Yeah, given his off-field situation, and we'll see how that plays out, the Bengals may not be worried about it bit they ARE worried about it. If it's true he pointed a gun then that puts the Bengals in a negative light. We're all about giving players 2nd chances and they'll give Mixon his 2nd chance. Surely they'll monitor his off-field activities this year and if there's another "Slipup" it won't be good for Mixon. Covering their bases should anything happen again I say they are going to give CHASE BROWN a lot of reps during training camp. I could even see Brown's carries increase as the year goes on and if Mixon does anything then Chase Brown will be the lead back. The Bengals are too talented to risk messing around with Mixon's poor behavior. 

Wow, Mixon took a big cut in pay to stay with the Bengals.  

I still have yet to see the size of the pay cut.  any links?

I don’t have a link, I did read it in an email, over4 mil.   

23 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I don’t have a link, I did read it in an email, over4 mil.   

thats ok I am sure a link will be posted at some point.  4 mil IS a significant haircut I must say.

thanks for posting.

Looks like Mixon is now in another lawsuit. 

18 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Jeesh. I got a feeling the Bengals will eventually sign one of the big name free-agent Rbs. They reportedly have $19 mill in free cap space remaining.

I think Hunt would be a good fit in their system.  

On 8/5/2023 at 10:25 AM, weepaws said:

more gun problems.    though he wasnt the idiot with the gun this time.  I think it was a family member or a family friend (I forget which)

still dumb.   

but I am not sure this one gets him a suspension as he wasnt the idiot with the gun firing rounds at people.

He needs new friends. 

On 8/6/2023 at 9:07 PM, Ray_T said:

but I am not sure this one gets him a suspension as he wasnt the idiot with the gun firing rounds at people

I'm not sure either, but I've heard rumblings a Mixon suspension remains a possibility. He gave a gun and ammo to someone who shot a kid.  The league hasn't made a decision yet, but they could suspend him just for pr reasons.

2 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

I'm not sure either, but I've heard rumblings a Mixon suspension remains a possibility. He gave a gun and ammo to someone who shot a kid.  The league hasn't made a decision yet, but they could suspend him just for pr reasons.

ok I hadnt heard that.  all I heard was that it was a friend of his doing the shooting.

but providing the gun so another idiot can do the shooting is almost as bad.

good grief, this guy is a piece of work.

Mixon had been accused of pulling a gun on a woman after a road rage incident and saying he should shoot her in the face.

Mixon is still dealing with another gun-related incident earlier in the year. Mixon is facing a lawsuit for the shooting of his teenage neighbor in March resulting in felony assault charges against the boyfriend of Mixon's sister. The lawsuit alleges Mixon supplied the bullets and Zastava M92 gun matched to the weapon used in the shooting

In 2014, while a student at Oklahoma, Mixon entered a plea deal after being accused of punching a woman .

Bengals said in a statement "The organization is pleased this matter is behind everyone and we look forward to an exciting season with Joe being an important part of the football team."    

Way to go Bengals.   <_<

Anyone think Goodell lets it slide? 

35 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Way to go Bengals.   <_<

Anyone think Goodell lets it slide? 

That's the case I just posted about where he was found not guilty.

Now, Goodell can always decide he knows more than the courts and the jury, wouldn't be the first time...

21 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Now, Goodell can always decide he knows more than the courts and the jury, wouldn't be the first time...

Goodell levies suspensions to defend the NFL's image, not because he thinks he knows more.

Mixon is a bad look.

21 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Goodell levies suspensions to defend the NFL's image, not because he thinks he knows more.

Mixon is a bad look.

Suspending players who get found not guilty in a court of law is a great way to tarnish the NFL's image

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

Suspending players who get found not guilty in a court of law is a great way to tarnish the NFL's image

I suppose that depends on a number of factors.  if it is determined that Mixon got off on a technicality, he likely still gets some sort of suspension.

that sort of development wouldnt surprise me.

sometimes not all evidence in a court of law is admissable and sometimes thats because the method to obtain the evidence was improper.   Goodell isnt bound by this.   

either way,  Mixon has another issue he could be suspended for as well in the giving a gun to a buddy to shoot someone case   so enough stuff has happened that the league may do one suspension to blanket everything that has gone on.

one thing I'll say for sure.... Mixon is an idiot.

I dont think anything else needs to be said.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I suppose that depends on a number of factors.  if it is determined that Mixon got off on a technicality, he likely still gets some sort of suspension.

that sort of development wouldnt surprise me.

sometimes not all evidence in a court of law is admissable and sometimes thats because the method to obtain the evidence was improper.   Goodell isnt bound by this.   

either way,  Mixon has another issue he could be suspended for as well in the giving a gun to a buddy to shoot someone case   so enough stuff has happened that the league may do one suspension to blanket everything that has gone on.

one thing I'll say for sure.... Mixon is an idiot.

I dont think anything else needs to be said.

I get all of that, and you're not wrong, but he can only go to that well so many times.

He's already taken a bit of heat when he suspended Ezekiel Elliott after charges were dropped against him.

If he does that too many times, the players will start to hate him even more and it will turn into a social issue he's not gonna like.

Just now, polecatt said:

I get all of that, and you're not wrong, but he can only go to that well so many times.

He's already taken a bit of heat when he suspended Ezekiel Elliott after charges were dropped against him.

If he does that too many times, the players will start to hate him even more and it will turn into a social issue he's not gonna like.

1) I dont think Goodell cares about the heat he takes

2) I dont think Goodell cares if the players hate him.

3) I dont think he cares much about what you and I think

see the pattern?

8 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Disagree. He cares a lot about what you, me, and everyone thinks.

And he certainly doesn't like that we're thinking the NFL has star player who's a scumbag for hitting women getting into gun and violence troubles.

46 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

1) I dont think Goodell cares about the heat he takes

2) I dont think Goodell cares if the players hate him.

see the pattern?

I definitely don't agree with any of that 😂

Everything in his business is public perception.

43 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I definitely don't agree with any of that 😂

Everything in his business is public perception.

it is a business.  he has 32 owners to please.  he cares about what they think and nothing else.  They pay his salary so he does what they tell him.

The policy here is about branding.   if a player is gonna go out and do a bunch of nasty things they NFL will punish them because they want to look like good corporate citizens and they dont want people looking down on the league because of something some idiot player did.

thats all they care about.  Reputation.

they may not even care what he did or to whom.  they just want to look good.

thats it.