Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

NCAA Hat Challenge 2023

20 hours ago, patweisers44 said:

I will take Marquette if no one objects.  

I don't.

yeah I'll agree to any KU matchup at any time before tip :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Does @crackattackhave to give everyone hats now?

I don't think so.  You only pay when someone has the other team and for some reason no one took FDU.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Strike is correct, it's just a hat bet when two represented teams matchup against each other. 

11 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

I should have too, but no. What a sorry focking display that was.  

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, crackattack said:

I should have too, but no. What a sorry focking display that was.  

I always thought it would be KU who would be the first #1 to go down.   Now I'm glad we've witnessed it twice before it could ever happen to us.  

I saw a Facebook friend ask about all time worst upsets and of course some mizzou fan mentions Bucknell beating Kansas, and I had to remind them that Bucknell was a #3 and Norfolk State was a #15 when they beat mizzou :rolleyes:

It seems these upsets are going to be more and more common as the years go on.   Not sure what it is, transfer portal, more talent and better coaching to feed smaller schools, teams that look good through the regular season and end up ranked high but aren't really that good when all is said and done? I'm not sure, but you might as well just let a toddler make your picks anymore. 

28 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I always thought it would be KU who would be the first #1 to go down.   Now I'm glad we've witnessed it twice before it could ever happen to us.  

I saw a Facebook friend ask about all time worst upsets and of course some mizzou fan mentions Bucknell beating Kansas, and I had to remind them that Bucknell was a #3 and Norfolk State was a #15 when they beat mizzou :rolleyes:

It seems these upsets are going to be more and more common as the years go on.   Not sure what it is, transfer portal, more talent and better coaching to feed smaller schools, teams that look good through the regular season and end up ranked high but aren't really that good when all is said and done? I'm not sure, but you might as well just let a toddler make your picks anymore. 

I thought Purdue would be the first #1 out, just didn't think in round 1 obviously. I think your right about the portal. No year setting out after transferring and paying players is going to create more competitive balance. Who knows??

On 3/16/2023 at 2:09 PM, patweisers44 said:

The kiss of death I see.  😉

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The kiss of death I see.  😉

They were one of my final four teams...along with Kansas.  :wall:

On 3/16/2023 at 1:09 PM, patweisers44 said:

@patweisers44 owes himself a hat for Marquette beating Michigan State.

@Pimpadeaux (Texas) and @Bert (Houston) remain in the Midwest, and @patweisers44 (Michigan State) in the East, and @shadrap (Gonzaga) in the West.

Good luck.

24 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

They were one of my final four teams...along with Kansas.  :wall:

I had them losing to UConn in the Finals.  :thumbsdown:

I'm happy to do this again, but interest seems to be less and less each year.  Would we rather just bet hats or whatever in the NCAA hops thread for the year, as opposed to creating a thread for the contest each year going forward?

11 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I'm happy to do this again, but interest seems to be less and less each year.  Would we rather just bet hats or whatever in the NCAA hops thread for the year, as opposed to creating a thread for the contest each year going forward?

I've never won it but I will do it even though I think my coogs will choke again..

Just let me know what I owe and to whom!