Sign in to follow this  
Strike

Great school system you got there Baltimore!!!

I think the solution here is to avoid competition from charter schools and vouchers, and instead poor more money into the existing system.  That should fix it.  :thumbsup: 

• Thanks 1

What's the problem since everyone uses a calculator now anyway? (And almost all smartphones include a calculator).

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Strike said:

It’s bad. It’s depressing. 

What solutions do you propose to improve these schools? (And please don’t offer vouchers because that would do nothing to improve the public schools in Baltimore- if anything it would make them worse as money and good students would leave.) 

What can be done to make these schools better? 

1 minute ago, squistion said:

What's the problem since everyone uses a calculator now anyway? (And almost all smartphones include a calculator).

Ok.  Then you can see yourself out now, and all conversations about education.  Sick of you racists keeping minorities from a good education. 

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

It’s bad. It’s depressing. 

What solutions do you propose to improve these schools? (And please don’t offer vouchers because that would do nothing to improve the public schools in Baltimore- if anything it would make them worse as money and good students would leave.) 

What can be done to make these schools better? 

What do you expect, when the left, the school boards, teacher unions, academia, etc. have all subscribed to and promote, anti-meritocracy, CRT and they are all victims of “white supremacy”?? These Baltimore statistics are exactly the result they want.

Maybe let’s stop doing that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Why don’t you spell it out for us? 

Run by democrats and liberals top to bottom. Also democrats by and large are shitty parents. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Dizkneelande said:

What do you expect, when the Left, the school boards, teacher unions, academia, etc. have all subscribed to, and promote, anti-meritocracy, CRT and they are all victims of “white supremacy”?? These Baltimore statistics are exactly the result they want.

Maybe let’s stop doing that.

1. I am open to the argument that liberal or leftist practices, specifically those involving anti-meritocracy, contribute to the problem. However I would need to see more specific information before making a judgment and seeking solutions based on these ideas. 

2. I am less open to the argument that CRT or black identity politics are at fault here. CRT isn’t even taught to these children. I think you’re dealing in irrelevancies here. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Run by democrats and liberals top to bottom. Also democrats by and large are shitty parents. 

As to your first sentence, you’ll have to show some evidence that Republicans and conservatives would do better before I accept this as a valid argument. As to your second sentence, bullsh!t. 

And in any event I don’t think these are the common denominators he was going for. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ok.  Then you can see yourself out now, and all conversations about education.  Sick of you racists keeping minorities from a good education. 

From what I can see, the math you learn in school is of no value for most people in their everyday lives. Do you know of anyone who figures out still does math problems by hand rather than using a calculator? (I don't).

Just now, squistion said:

From what I can see, the math you learn in school is of no value for most people in their everyday lives. Do you know of anyone who figures out still does math problems by hand rather than using a calculator? (I don't).

I think a basic understanding of math principals is necessary even for anyone who uses a calculator. And it’s pretty clear that Baltimore is failing. 

10 minutes ago, squistion said:

texting and auto correct handle that pesky writing.  Video and Audio Books render reading nearly useless.  Like you, I think technology has rendered schooling obsolete.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If you want to control the population, you do 2 things.

1. You dumb them down. Stupid people are easily fooled and controlled.

2. Offer them some free sh1t once in a while while make some big promises you know you will never keep (reparations & student loan forgiveness are a couple they are currently using).
The free sh1t will keep them thinking the big promise is coming as well.

Just now, Gypsybrat said:

texting and auto correct handle that pesky writing.  Video and Audio Books render reading nearly useless.  Like you, I think technology has rendered schooling obsolete.

I don't think technology has rendered schooling obsolete, but it has with basic learned math skills which most people never use in their daily lives.

3 minutes ago, squistion said:

I don't think technology has rendered schooling obsolete, but it has with basic learned math skills which most people never use in their daily lives.

I use it every day for my job sh!tbird 

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I think a basic understanding of math principals is necessary even for anyone who uses a calculator. And it’s pretty clear that Baltimore is failing. 

Why? In case the power grid goes down for an extended period of time and no one is able to access a calculator, plus cell phones are not working?

Just now, Dizkneelande said:

I use it every day for my job sh!tbird 

Don't you find it awkward carrying around an abacus with you all the time?

5 minutes ago, squistion said:

So you think students don’t need to be challenged.  Got it. Also, how’s the reading scores in Baltimore? Piss poor as well. Covid! Except they sucked prior to Covid as well. I guess all those Asians that are being imported into our country to take good American jobs are reliant on calculators too.  Idiot. 

6 minutes ago, League Champion said:

How'd I do Timmy Boy?

Pretty much nailed it, right? 

Not really. You need to show a Republican run school system in a poverty stricken area that has produced a superior result. 

Maybe, or just maybe the good educated teachers who really care DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN BALTIMORE AND HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT LOSING THEIR LIFE EVERYDAY BEFORE THEY EVEN GET TO WORK? 

I mean, right? 

I wonder if a calculator can teach kids things like interest rates and how they affect them? George Carlin was right. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

So you think students don’t need to be challenged.  Got it. Also, how’s the reading scores in Baltimore? Piss poor as well. Covid! Except they sucked prior to Covid as well. I guess all those Asians that are being imported into our country to take good American jobs are reliant on calculators too.  Idiot. 

Yes, but not with skills they will never use after they leave school, like math.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I wonder if a calculator can teach kids things like interest rates and how they affect them? George Carlin was right. 

It can teach them how much they will owe with any interest rate for what they buy. 

I say the common denominator is not Democrats but poverty. 

Here is my evidence: there are plenty of Democratic run school systems in this country in which education is highly ranked. For instance I offer Santa Monica, California, which has been heavily liberal for over 80 years. Laguna Beach another one. Santa Fe, New Mexico. All heavily liberal with excellent school systems. But these are all wealthy areas. And THAT is the difference. 

If we want to improve education we need to tackle the poverty. 

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

Yes, but not with skills they will never use after they leave school, like math.

Sure if we never want to invent new stuff. HFS leftists are dumb no surprise all the leftist cities produce results like Baltimore. 

The education system is run by liberals everywhere.  Even in red areas. That’s starting to change now thanks to governors like Desantis and Youngkin. Taking it back. 

4 minutes ago, squistion said:

can teach them how much they will owe with any interest rate for what they buy. 

Do you think any of them would have to pay for college, that's hilarious. 

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I say the common denominator is not Democrats but poverty. 

Here is my evidence: there are plenty of Democratic run school systems in this country in which education is highly ranked. For instance I offer Santa Monica, California, which has been heavily liberal for over 80 years. Laguna Beach another one. Santa Fe, New Mexico. All heavily liberal with excellent school systems. But these are all wealthy areas. And THAT is the difference. 

If we want to improve education we need to tackle the poverty. 

Santa Monica High School 2022 Rankings
  • #829. in National Rankings.
  • #108. in California High Schools.
  • #48. in Los Angeles, CA Metro Area High Schools.

14 minutes ago, squistion said:

Meh, kids don't need to learn to spell or write nowadays.  I cant remember the last time I had to write something down.   Basic Reading and Math may be slightly more important, but I think you are right, kids don't need the basics of either to get through life. 

I guess elementary schools could focus on The Arts and Sciences and Social Studies. So you are probably right, schooling may not be obsolete.