Sign in to follow this  
Strike

Great school system you got there Baltimore!!!

11 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I say the common denominator is not Democrats but poverty. 

Here is my evidence: there are plenty of Democratic run school systems in this country in which education is highly ranked. For instance I offer Santa Monica, California, which has been heavily liberal for over 80 years. Laguna Beach another one. Santa Fe, New Mexico. All heavily liberal with excellent school systems. But these are all wealthy areas. And THAT is the difference. 

If we want to improve education we need to tackle the poverty. 

My parents grew up in real poverty, not your notion of it. They can  read, write and do math better than most kids. Definitely better than the kids in Baltimore.  Them and their many siblings. Also crime free. Go figure. It’s a miracle! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:
Santa Monica High School 2022 Rankings
  • #829. in National Rankings.
  • #108. in California High Schools.
  • #48. in Los Angeles, CA Metro Area High Schools.

My man got faced! 

5 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:
Santa Monica High School 2022 Rankings
  • #829. in National Rankings.
  • #108. in California High Schools.
  • #48. in Los Angeles, CA Metro Area High Schools.

Wow. Poor Tim. Covid! 

3 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Baltimore's crime free, no? 

If they were stealing bread and food because they didn’t have any that could be blamed on poverty. Sorry, a car jacking doesn’t apply. Nor does looting a TV 

54 minutes ago, squistion said:

Yes, but not with skills they will never use after they leave school, like math.

Jesus man, this has to be schtick.  If you can't do basic math, pretty good chance you're gonna end up owning money and living behind the financial chains for the rest of your life.  I don't know a business owner anywhere who is successful and can't run out ideas in their head and how it would impact their financials.  

1 hour ago, squistion said:

From what I can see, the math you learn in school is of no value for most people in their everyday lives. Do you know of anyone who figures out still does math problems by hand rather than using a calculator? (I don't).

lol really, how many times when you are getting your mcfat burger do you look at the idiot behind the register not being able to figure out the change on 5.00 when your bill was 4.32

• Thanks 2

So long as they have a safe space, can use the pronouns they feel like that day, and white people are not only held back but tormented in the schools. Everything is fine. 

40 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

lol really, how many times when you are getting your mcfat burger do you look at the idiot behind the register not being able to figure out the change on 5.00 when your bill was 4.32

One shouldn’t be so quick to judge one as an idiot, they might have had a very difficult upbringing, at least their working , and not sitting at home playing video games and getting high all day long.  

God bless

6 minutes ago, weepaws said:

One shouldn’t be so quick to judge one as an idiot, they might have had a very difficult upbringing, at least their working , and not sitting at home playing video games and getting high all day long.  

God bless

yes and by definition that person would qualify as an idiot, unable to do basic survival skills

two things can be true

these are the same people who think they "deserve 15$ an hour"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

It’s bad. It’s depressing. 

What solutions do you propose to improve these schools? (And please don’t offer vouchers because that would do nothing to improve the public schools in Baltimore- if anything it would make them worse as money and good students would leave.) 

What can be done to make these schools better? 

The schools are not that bad, its the kids....and their families...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, squistion said:

Yes, but not with skills they will never use after they leave school, like math.

You keep saying folks don't need math.  I'm curious what your profession is?  As an engineer I use math all the time. 

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

If you really want to blow their mind you pay more than you owe in order to get back even change. 🤯

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

If you really want to blow their mind you pay more than you owe in order to get back even change. 🤯

I did that the other day 

my bill was 14.51

I gave them a 20, and they rang it up

and I said oh wait here I have a penny

🤔

7 minutes ago, DonS said:

You keep saying folks don't need math.  I'm curious what your profession is?  As an engineer I use math all the time. 

Same here. I'm in sales and I use math everyday. 

2 hours ago, squistion said:

What's the problem since everyone uses a calculator now anyway? (And almost all smartphones include a calculator).

At first I thought this was shtick... apparently not.

Life is an algebra problem.  I just hung a TV outside:  your challenge is to center the TV, but there is a 3 inch offset on the mount.  You have a tape measure and a calculator and no math knowledge.  Go!

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Life is an algebra problem.  I just hung a TV outside:  your challenge is to center the TV, but there is a 3 inch offset on the mount.  You have a tape measure and a calculator and no math knowledge.  Go!

Your word problem reeks of white cis-gendered male language.

Here's one that is in his wheelhouse:

You're working a glory hole at the bus station.  If you can swallow a load every 5 minutes what is the maximum number of men people with a pen1s you can service in an hour? 

Go! 

Edit: updated to not violate a safe space

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, DonS said:

I get some cheap giggles doing this kind of thing when I pay cash.  My favorite is when they have to punch in the amounts and appear irritated because they can't process these simple things.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

My parents grew up in real poverty, not your notion of it. They can  read, write and do math better than most kids. Definitely better than the kids in Baltimore.  Them and their many siblings. Also crime free. Go figure. It’s a miracle! 

So you believe you grew up in “poverty”??is that correct?

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

yes and by definition that person would qualify as an idiot, unable to do basic survival skills

two things can be true

these are the same people who think they "deserve 15$ an hour"

Some that believe they deserve  Heaven, when all they will be getting is hell. 

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Did you? 

A lot of schools are simply awful.  

11 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Why would I think that? 

1 hour ago, DonS said:

When I moved to Phoenix in 1989, my apartment had a shared coin laundry so I needed to hoard quarters.  I would buy something for $1.87 and give the cashier $2.12.  This was before POS terminals did the auto math.  Most of the cashiers could handle it.  A few would say "da fuq?!" and I would tell them I need the quarters. :D 

22 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Did you? 

Yes, it was miserable. I am often fascinating by what people consider “poverty”, when they talk about it….

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why would I think that? 

Apologies, I likely misunderstood 

21 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Apologies, I likely misunderstood 

I’m with you.  Having less isn’t poverty. Poverty is not having 

4 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

It’s bad. It’s depressing. 

What solutions do you propose to improve these schools? (And please don’t offer vouchers because that would do nothing to improve the public schools in Baltimore- if anything it would make them worse as money and good students would leave.) 

What can be done to make these schools better? 

Well, the good students and money should leave. Those schools are FAILING the students. Why keep throwing money at them. Why are you so opposed to good students leaving bad schools? Because of money? Why are you opposed of good students leaving a horrible situation? Is Because of money? Why are you opposed to inner city students bettering themselves by transferring out of a horrible school system? Is it because of money?

My solution is vouchers. Yes you hate it. You hate personal freedom and choice. Especially!!! if it takes money from the government and unions. No matter that those institutions are failing a great chunk of kids. You don't care. What you believe is the government (public schools and teachers unions) knows what's best. You believe those institutions know better then parents. You are a boot licking, government lackey. 

I personally believe parents should have free choice of schools. If the parents can get them there, then they should be able to go anywhere they want. Private schools included.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Well, the good students and money should leave. Those schools are FAILING the students. Why keep throwing money at them. Why are you so opposed to good students leaving bad schools? Because of money? Why are you opposed of good students leaving a horrible situation? Is Because of money? Why are you opposed to inner city students bettering themselves by transferring out of a horrible school system? Is it because of money?

My solution is vouchers. Yes you hate it. You hate personal freedom and choice. Especially!!! if it takes money from the government and unions. No matter that those institutions are failing a great chunk of kids. You don't care. What you believe is the government (public schools and teachers unions) knows what's best. You believe those institutions know better then parents. You are a boot licking, government lackey. 

I personally believe parents should have free choice of schools. If the parents can get them there, then they should be able to go anywhere they want. Private schools included.

I don’t hate vouchers. Actually I support them, with some important limitations. But I don’t think they will solve any public school problems that we have. 

9 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I don’t hate vouchers. Actually I support them, with some important limitations. But I don’t think they will solve any public school problems that we have. 

I don't care whether we solve that problem.  I care whether students can get a decent education.

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

The unions are the public school problem. Until they are gone, we'll continue to have problems. Getting rid of bad teachers and administration shouldn't be a difficult task. Yet it is. Get rid of teachers with an "agenda". If displaying the American flag causes you stress.......gone. If talking about the founding fathers creates an issue for you......gone. Teach the three R's and freaking go from there. Those simple things might help.

15 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I forgot you don't hate vouchers. Just as long as the government can put stipulations on things you don't like. Boot licking government lackey is exactly right.

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

It probably is for you.

42 minutes ago, Strike said:

I don't care whether we solve that problem.  I care whether students can get a decent education.

So close all the inner city schools and scatter the kids out to the good schools.  I’m sure every single one of the parents at those other schools will love that (some won’t mind, but a lot will).

10 minutes ago, squistion said:

It probably is for you.

:lol: 

It must be so hard not understanding basic math.  No wonder you want Big Brother to control every aspect of your life; you couldn't function otherwise.  :( 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So close all the inner city schools and scatter the kids out to the good schools.  I’m sure every single one of the parents at those other schools will love that (some won’t mind, but a lot will).

Only leftist suburban elites would be upset over this.