Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Good Morning

Had a crazy horrible storm late last week. Sleet that hit the ground and turned into ice.  Took nearly 45 minutes for my usual 15 minute trip home. Friday morning I took the snowblower out, did the first pass and then the blades stopped working. I figured that I must have hit something and broke the shear pins, but they are fine---so I'm still searching for a solution, hope there isn't much more snow. Then there is the crazy.  Last week, my brother announced that the wedding he postponed due to Covid, was back on and a date was set.  Friday night, I got a text from my mother where she told me my brother came over and went on a tirade about his fiance and how the relationship was over.   15 minutes later my mother texts again in a panic because she realized that she had sent that text in a group text that included my brother's fiance.  :shocking: I alerted my brother, haven't heard from anyone since then.  

On this day in 1944 Batman & Robin comic strip premieres in newspapers.  Da na na na na na na na na...BATMAN!

Every geek have a great week.

Ooooh, party fowl. 

That's why I don't tell my mom about my relationship fights.

Well, and she's like 10 years dead now...

25 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Good Morning, @Mike Honcho  :thumbsup:

Hope you find your snowblower issue.  Another "long" snowstorm is coming with snow from tomorrow thru Thursday, supposedly.

Could be as much as 8 inches, need to figure this out quick.  Thanks...

Good morning for some, just got out of a colonoscopy a few minutes ago. It was a not fun afternoon/evening yesterday and am starving now. 

Hopefully I can get out of here soon and get some lunch.

9 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Good morning for some, just got out of a colonoscopy a few minutes ago. It was a not fun afternoon/evening yesterday and am starving now. 

, Word of advice? Don't be too far from a bathroom in the next 6 hours or so especially if you eat

5 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Had a crazy horrible storm late last week. Sleet that hit the ground and turned into ice.  Took nearly 45 minutes for my usual 15 minute trip home. Friday morning I took the snowblower out, did the first pass and then the blades stopped working. I figured that I must have hit something and broke the shear pins, but they are fine---so I'm still searching for a solution, hope there isn't much more snow. Then there is the crazy.  Last week, my brother announced that the wedding he postponed due to Covid, was back on and a date was set.  Friday night, I got a text from my mother where she told me my brother came over and went on a tirade about his fiance and how the relationship was over.   15 minutes later my mother texts again in a panic because she realized that she had sent that text in a group text that included my brother's fiance.  :shocking: I alerted my brother, haven't heard from anyone since then.  

On this day in 1944 Batman & Robin comic strip premieres in newspapers.  Da na na na na na na na na...BATMAN!

Every geek have a great week.

Check to see if their profile pics or marital status has changed on FB. 😂 Better than a soap at the moment. Sorry. Hope things work out.

14 minutes ago, artista928 said:

Check to see if their profile pics or marital status has changed on FB. 😂 Better than a soap at the moment. Sorry. Hope things work out.

My first thought was "Damn it, I spent at least 3 hours working on the best man speech..they better get married!"  😅

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

My first thought was "Damn it, I spent at least 3 hours working on the best man speech..they better get married!"  😅

That too! 😂

11 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

15 minutes later my mother texts again in a panic because she realized that she had sent that text in a group text that included my brother's fiance.

Uh oh. :ninja:

21 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Good Morning, @Mike Honcho  :thumbsup:

Hope you find your snowblower issue.  Another "long" snowstorm is coming with snow from tomorrow thru Thursday, supposedly.

99% sure I broke the drive shaft, no fixing this before the blizzard.  :mad:

26 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Nothing usual for men your age to have problems with their shaft.

41 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

In the good news category. Co-worker just inherited a much better snow blower than he had, so he's letting me borrow his almost brand new electric one for the week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TommyGavin said:

Where are you with all this snow ?

West Michigan, about 25 miles off the lake. Don't get the worst lake effect snow, but it can get pretty bad. Few years ago, we had over 12 feet of total snow for the winter.  As of two weeks ago, we've had 78.5 inches.

ETA:  Just looked at the updated forecast and it looks more like a day of freezing rain mostly now, not the predicted 12 inches of snow.  :dunno:

I’m not goin got jinx NYC so I won’t say how much snow fall we have had so far this year. 

On 2/20/2023 at 11:44 AM, MTSkiBum said:

Was it just a checkup or are you having problems?  You seem kinda young for it, unless you have a history in your family.

Either way, let us know and hope everything comes up boring.  :cheers: 

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Was it just a checkup or are you having problems?  You seem kinda young for it, unless you have a history in your family.

Either way, let us know and hope everything comes up boring.  :cheers: 

I have some GI issues, including a very high eosinophil count in the stomach and esophagus. The colonoscopy was done to rule out some possible issues and to make sure i do not have a high eosinophil in my colon.

Not sure what the next step is, but i may see another GI doctor to get a second opinion after i have my colonoscopy follow up.

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

I have some GI issues, including a very high eosinophil count in the stomach and esophagus. The colonoscopy was done to rule out some possible issues and to make sure i do not have a high eosinophil in my colon.

Not sure what the next step is, but i may see another GI doctor to get a second opinion after i have my colonoscopy follow up.

Ah yes, I think we discussed the eosinophil problem when I had mine spike about 15 months ago.  Interestingly, mine went high (although not nearly as much) about the same time last year, around December.  Kinda like I'm allergic to something that time of year?  Anyway, mine resolved itself so we never looked further.

Hope it all works out, please keep us apprised.  :thumbsup: 

It’s weird when an ailment pops up certain time of year. For me when growing up I’d miss like the first few weeks of school since my Chrones would flair in September