Sign in to follow this  
kozmiq

Cloning

I don't hear much about cloning nowadays.  It used to be in the News quite a bit.

Here is my take = I think every person has a Soul .. what happens to that Soul after death has been discussed here, before - I won't revisit it, now.  What I will say is the Soul is what makes people TRY to do the right things.  Some Souls may be better than others based on one's quality of life.

But psychopaths and mass murderers and the absolute worst of the worst; people who kill for fun and for no particular reason MAY BE a person without a Soul.  And I think cloning is and has been going on .. maybe like the Frankenstein stories.  I think these people may be clones.  I think Saddam Hussein might have been one.  And I'm sure there are others.  Maybe Jeffery Dahmer .. maybe just John Wayne Gacy. 

And I think we can make a life by way of cloning BUT I think those 'people' have no Souls.  We can make a life but not a Soul.

And I guarantee some Geek azzhole will try and turn this into something political  BUT IT'S NOT !  

11 hours ago, kozmiq said:

What I will say is the Soul is what makes people TRY to do the right things.  Some Souls may be better than others based on one's quality of life.

But psychopaths and mass murderers and the absolute worst of the worst; people who kill for fun and for no particular reason MAY BE a person without a Soul.  And I think cloning is and has been going on .. maybe like the Frankenstein stories.  I think these people may be clones.  I think Saddam Hussein might have been one.  And I'm sure there are others.  Maybe Jeffery Dahmer .. maybe just John Wayne Gacy.  

Not genetics, upbringing or environment... nope, the soul makes people do the "right" things. And people with different morals/values than yours must be a clone without a soul. 

Lay off the peyote Koz.

6 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Not genetics, upbringing or environment... nope, the soul makes people do the "right" things. And people with different morals/values than yours must be a clone without a soul. 

Lay off the peyote Koz.

Hey!  Lay off peyote! Peyote is not to blame, its a perfectly innocent psychedelic. 

3 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

So, Dolly the sheep, the breakthrough clone which happened in 1996 was preceded by John Wayne Gacy, by 54 years?

Dolly the sheep was the first time that we heard about it (being done legally) .. doesn't mean it hadn't been happening, previously.

And Frankenstein might have been a story based on fact.

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Liberal Justin

And I guarantee some Geek azzhole will try and turn this into something political  BUT IT'S NOT !  

BINGO

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Liberal Justin

what is that supposed to mean.

is it nuclear war?  because when i talk nuclear war, there are a slew of experts on my side.  even Biden himself warns of nuclear war.

There's no experts talking about clones without souls.

1 minute ago, kozmiq said:

Dolly the sheep was the first time that we heard about it (being done legally) .. doesn't mean it hadn't been happening, previously.

And Frankenstein might have been a story based on fact.

Do you have a newsletter or a blog?  You have a wonderously creative mind.

4 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Do you have a newsletter or a blog?  You have a wondrously creative mind.

May..........be.

I just think the Geek Club has a lot of good people .. with good things to say ..  THAT  IS  NOT  POLITICAL  SLAPFIGHTING !

Just now, kozmiq said:

May..........be.

I just think the Geek Club has a lot of good people .. with good things to say ..  THAT  IS  NOT  POLITICAL  SLAPFIGHTING !

ive said this many times.  politics has infiltrated every aspect of our lives now.  sports is now tied to politics.  they put BLM slogans on the field in the NFL.  they wont let us escape.

9 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

ive said this many times.  politics has infiltrated every aspect of our lives now.  sports is now tied to politics.  they put BLM slogans on the field in the NFL.  they wont let us escape.

ive said this many times.  politics has infiltrated every aspect of our YOUR lives now.  sports is now tied to politics.  they put BLM slogans on the field in the NFL.  they YOU wont let us escape.

13 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

ive said this many times.  politics has infiltrated every aspect of our YOUR lives now.  sports is now tied to politics.  they put BLM slogans on the field in the NFL.  they YOU wont let us escape.

and how do we avoid MLB moving the all-star game from Atlanta over politics?

how do we avoid them singing two national anthems?

how do we avoid pride patches on jerseys? and players removing them? and people getting all upset both ways?

wake up.  sports is totally political now.  and if you say nothing now, it will just keep getting worse.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Cloning is bad... period.  There are a total of ZERO reasons that are valid, to justify cloning.

What if I were in posession of some Racquel Welch DNA? How about if I wanted to see Jessica Alba as a 20 year old once again and I had her DNA?

@kozmiq

If souls exist, can a living person not have a soul?

i am not sure we can attribute morality to soul? it very may be amoral. 

if they do not exist, how does that change your world view about psycho/sociopaths?

29 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Cloning is bad... period.  There are a total of ZERO reasons that are valid, to justify cloning.

health care.  if you could clone yourself a body and have your mind put in it, that would be an incredible valuable reason to many people.

What would people think if they were told "Every time your body dies, we clone it and make you again. You're actually the 10,000th+." Would it give people a sense of immortality?  Once your consciousness ceases to exist, who's to say the next you, isn't you?

All of Gutterboys aliases are an exact clone of him. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

What if I were in posession of some Racquel Welch DNA? How about if I wanted to see Jessica Alba as a 20 year old once again and I had her DNA?

Sadly, they'd still have free will and probably choose another guy.  What point would that serve?

28 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

health care.  if you could clone yourself a body and have your mind put in it, that would be an incredible valuable reason to many people.

Only so that the wealthy to create more plebs and stay elite forever?  That's not a valid reason.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Sadly, they'd still have free will and probably choose another guy.  What point would that serve?

I believe you can change the :"probably" in your post to"absolutely would".  Maybe I am not clonoing them for me, but for the benefit of humanity, generally.

Oh, and in the unlikely scenario we deemed them property....well who knows ... I like to think I would set them free.

3 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

What do you mean by "mind"?  If you mean "consciousness", I think that is stuff of science fiction still.  If you mean "brain" then that's very similar to what people have proposed:

Regardless of the huge strides scientists have made towards reaching the elusive goal, immortality remains a pipedream. But one researcher in the anti-ageing field believe we could get there — or at least extend human lives beyond the current biological boundaries — without any miracle pill or injection.

Dr Alex Zhavoronkov, head of biotech company Insilico Medicine, says human clones could offer the answer to eternal life. Theoretically, the sci-fi concept of growing bodies in labs would provide people with ‘spare’ vital organs when theirs begin to fail in order to extend their life.

"Cloning, in my opinion, is the only way to make a dramatic leap in life extension and turn longevity into an engineering problem." Scientists would need to develop a way of successfully cloning humans and disabling their cognitive functions so they could only be used for organs, he noted.

4 hours ago, Horseman said:

Frankenstein wasn't a clone dumbass.  

like the Frankenstein stories, ... du-moss

There are so many animals  cloned now.  Whole herds of longhorn cattle...look up a list.  Hell the banana is a clone.  You eat so many GMO' your head would spin.

3 hours ago, kozmiq said:

like the Frankenstein stories, ... du-moss

And I think cloning is and has been going on .. maybe like the Frankenstein stories

There is no cloning going on in Frankenstein dumbass. They arent alike.