seafoam1

Bears trade #1 to Panthers -Add TJ Edwards and now Tremaine Edmunds

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

Now they add TJ Edwards. :thumbsup:

Overrated

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

😫

Spoiler alert: anyone the eagles lose will be no big deal.  

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Dammit 

The real Giants fans would rather have David Long.  You can google him.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Spoiler alert: anyone the eagles lose will be no big deal.  

Oh for sure. I was waiting for that bozo to join in and downplay the demise of the eagles.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

That sounds good too. 

Eagles are gonna be ass next season, I already told everyone that before the super bowl.  It was always super bowl loss, coaching staff losses, FA losses, then a first place schedule after figuring out Hurts with a gutted roster, and they won't even make the playoffs next season.

51 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Do you know any? I’m wondering how they feel about Danny Dimes at $40/year. 😂 

Giants and Eagles were both products of their cake schedules this year.

The Giants somehow mistook that for Daniel Jones being good and gave him 40 million a year.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

Do you know any? I’m wondering how they feel about Danny Dimes at $40/year. 😂 

6 minutes ago, nobody said:

Giants and Eagles were both products of their cake schedules this year.

The Giants somehow mistook that for Daniel Jones being good and gave him 40 million a year.  

The schedule helped for sure.  But they did win a road playoff game. 

Pro Football Network take. Edwards for 3 years at under 7M a year.

Roquan Smith at 5 years for 20M a year. Bears win!! Bears win!! :banana:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/best-linebackers-in-the-nfl-2022/

Best Linebackers in the NFL 2022

7) T.J. Edwards, Philadelphia Eagles

The Philadelphia Eagles’ defense has been remarkable this year, and though one can give a lot of credit to the secondary and defensive line, the linebackers have been doing good work keeping the team consistent from down to down.

T.J. Edwards has made up for his average athleticism with elite diagnosis skills and does a great job in every asset of play. While not an elite player in any one facet, he’s been good at doing everything that’s asked of him, whether that’s covering RBs in man coverage, playing a middle zone, or rushing the passer.

Edwards has been a beacon of consistency in the run game as well, something Philadelphia has needed all season, as their defensive line deals with injuries and focuses more on pass rush than run defense.

#8 Roquan Smith, Baltimore Ravens

Roquan Smith had been a great player in Chicago but seemingly declined a little bit every year. After being traded to the Ravens, it seems like he’s revived his career.

Smith plays like a classic Will LB and does an excellent job sifting through the trash to make plays in the running game without being a liability when blocked up by a fullback or tight end. He shines, however, as a coverage defender.

MORE: Best Defensive Tackles in the NFL 2022

Smith can freelance a bit more than other linebackers because of his excellent eyes and athleticism, allowing him to close down on plays where his coverage assignment isn’t even the target. He also does a great job keeping in phase against tight ends and occasionally occupy deep zones.

If he finds a way to continue playing like this going forward, Smith could rise up the rankings.

Now the Bears are paying up for Tremaine Edmunds from Buffalo. Plan in motion I guess. 

And I guess they won't be drafting any LBs. 

I am definitely not saying he is a bad player.  And he is still pretty young.  

I watch a decent amount of Bills games and he is the one player Id rail on.  Wasn't a fan and thought he was sort of overrated.  

9 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I watch a decent amount of Bills games and he is the one player Id rail on.  Wasn't a fan and thought he was sort of overrated.  

Yeah, I don't have a big opinion on it. I'm just sitting back and watching this whole plan play out for the Bears. Whatever it may be. 

One thing though, he will have a defined role on the Bears and he is only 24 years old.

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Very overrated.

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Very overrated.

Yeah. I already know that everyone the Bears will sign will be overrated in your book. 

Even this 24 year old 2 time pro bowl player. :rolleyes:

The pro bowls honestly mean little and Bills fans would laugh when he made them.   Matt Milano wasn't near the prospect nor has the measurables of Edmunds but he is twice the player and the glue on that defense.   

Bills had a good defense last few years but they could be ran on.  Edmunds is better in coverage than plugging holes.  He rarely plays on the other side of the line of scrimmage.    Meanwhile Milano made those plays.  Edmunds I think would be a better true sam lber than some who mans the middle.   

He came in real young like 19 so he may have ore room for improvement.   Dont care for his instincts basically.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

The pro bowls honestly mean little and Bills fans would laugh when he made them.   Matt Milano wasn't near the prospect nor has the measurables of Edmunds but he is twice the player and the glue on that defense.   

Bills had a good defense last few years but they could be ran on.  Edmunds is better in coverage than plugging holes.  He rarely plays on the other side of the line of scrimmage.    Meanwhile Milano made those plays.  Edmunds I think would be a better true sam lber than some who mans the middle.   

He came in real going like 19 so he may have ore room for improvement.   Dont care for his instincts basically.  

Milano is a top tier linebacker in the league depending on who you ask. This is just a good signing by the Bears as they need linebackers and they signed two good ones today in Edwards and Edmunds. And they are 26 and 24 respectively. I guess we will see how they use them and coach them up.  

That is a really bad deal for Edmunds who I have followed very closely since he entered the league due to idp/dynasty stuff.  Buffalo is notorious for padding tackle numbers. 

As far as real football goes, he is a good, not great player and the Bears gave him a historic contract 

4 hours ago, MDC said:

Very overrated.

I watch every Bills game, so I will say I’m split on Edmunds. He covers a lot of ground and is better than most LBs in pass coverage due to his size and speed. But against the run, he tends to just run up and engage blockers instead of finding a gap to hit the runner. I think the Bills D takes a bit of a hit with him leaving, but he’s getting paid way more than Buffalo can afford.

28 minutes ago, dogcows said:

I watch every Bills game, so I will say I’m split on Edmunds. He covers a lot of ground and is better than most LBs in pass coverage due to his size and speed. But against the run, he tends to just run up and engage blockers instead of finding a gap to hit the runner. I think the Bills D takes a bit of a hit with him leaving, but he’s getting paid way more than Buffalo can afford.

Yeah. You gotta see how the team utilizes these players too. I'll be interested where the Bears play him to start. And see what they ask him to do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

Interesting. I’ve always viewed him as a sure tackling middle backer who struggles in coverage.. although he did grade out well in coverage in 2022. 

8 hours ago, dogcows said:

Supposedly the Bills are possibly in on Lavonte David.  Probably an upgrade for at least a season.  He is 33 but believe he is still good.  

Some games I thought Edmunds was hilariously bad.  He is solid in coverage and isn't bad at tackling a guy 7 yards down field.  Seemingly never makes a play behind the line of scrimmage.   Will totally overrun a hole the RB is coming through. 

In my opinion, he is maybe a top 15 off the ball linebaker.  No where near highest ever paid type guy.