Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Teacher rips into Korean mom of 5-year-old for packing him 'disgusting and inappropriate' school lunches

Liberals....Always have to push what they want and don't want onto the lives of others. I wonder what the teacher would do if the kid was black and brought collard greens, grits, and slimy okra to school for lunch? 

Probably make the other kids bring it as well as a cultural learning day. :rolleyes:

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/teacher-rips-korean-mom-5-year-old-packing-disgusting-inappropriate-school-lunches

A mom sharing a personal upset involving her son's pre-school teacher and the lunches the mom packs for her son has elicited a torrent of input on social media. 

The mom described herself on Reddit as 34 years old and the mother of a five-year-old son who attends preschool. 

She wrote recently that "a few hours after I picked him up from school … I got a phone call from his teacher."

The mom, revealing her story on the subreddit known as "AITA" ("Am I the a--hole"), did not name her location. But she said her son's teacher apparently "made absolutely no effort to sound kind when she, in an extremely rude and annoyed tone, told me to stop packing my son such ‘disgusting and inappropriate’ lunches." 

Added the mom, "I felt absolutely appalled when she said this," given that she and the teacher, she said, "have, up until now, always maintained a very friendly relationship."

Nevertheless, the teacher went on to tell the mother that "the lunches I’m packing my son are ‘very distracting for the other students and have an unpleasant odor,'" the mom reported.

She said she told the teacher that she understood her concerns, "as the lunches I pack are definitely not the healthiest," she also wrote.

However, the mother said the lunches she packs for her child "are according to my son’s preferences."

"The usual lunch that I send him to school with is small celery sticks with blue cheese and goat cheese, kimchi and spam (we are Korean and he absolutely adores this dish), and spicy Doritos marinated in Sriracha (I know, I know, but he deserves a snack, and I don’t put that many chips in the baggy)."

She should've called the teacher racist then cussed her out in Korean. 

It would be the same lunch with some added fish and extra kimchi for my kid from there on out.  

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

She should've called the teacher racist then cussed her out in Korean. 

It would be the same lunch with some added fish and extra kimchi for my kid from there on out.  

It's an interesting situation though.  Having worked in tech with a lot of Asians, I am no stranger to the smell of Asian dishes in the microwave, and I'm no fan.  But what smells disgusting to me smells good to them.  Heck, maybe they find the smell of hot dogs and apple pie disgusting.  Who are we to not let them eat food they like?  :dunno: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

It's an interesting situation though.  Having worked in tech with a lot of Asians, I am no stranger to the smell of Asian dishes in the microwave, and I'm no fan.  But what smells disgusting to me smells good to them.  Heck, maybe they find the smell of hot dogs and apple pie disgusting.  Who are we to not let them eat food they like?  :dunno: 

I am sure there are some nasty smelling Lunchables or hippy Kale Tofu something or other that kids bring in.   

I can also imagine a bit of chaos with a group of pre-schoolers acting like pre-schoolers about the smell and it grating on the teacher too.  

On 1 project I worked on a long while back I remember a guy who used to microwave his eggs every morning. That smell would permeate the whole area of seating around the kitchen. Every focking day. So gross. I'm sure it didn't bother some others. In the end it was no big deal. 

I had an assistant of Korean descent. True story. I mean she brought bulgogi and kimchi and all kinds of other stuff. Twas tasty.  But you know what disgusted the hell out of me? Every day, she would sit there and eat handfuls of dry Cheerios at her desk. That smell disgusted the hell out of me. (& Others)

At least in the offices I've worked in, if there's ever been any sort of rules about the microwave, it was not to cook fish in there. That and don't burn the f****** popcorn.

I guess what surprises me, or not, is just how unprofessional these teachers are in so many different circumstances. I mean, food aside, subject aside, there's just a manner of speaking. And that ain't it.

Same thing with these idiots who have black face day and pick your favorite sexual position day and whatnot. I mean, literally, what in the hell are you thinking?

17 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

On 1 project I worked on a long while back I remember a guy who used to microwave his eggs every morning. That smell would permeate the whole area of seating around the kitchen. Every focking day. So gross. 

He was still more popular than you. :( 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MDC said:

He was still more popular than you. :( 

People on the internet!!! MOM!!!! They hurt my feelers again!! :cry:

"Just do what I always tell you to you little pain in the ass! Rat on them!! It's in your blood damnit!!" 

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

Liberals....Always have to push what they want and don't want onto the lives of others. I wonder what the teacher would do if the kid was black and brought collard greens, grits, and slimy okra to school for lunch? 

Probably make the other kids bring it as well as a cultural learning day. :rolleyes:

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/teacher-rips-korean-mom-5-year-old-packing-disgusting-inappropriate-school-lunches

How do we know this teacher is a liberal? She wasn't identified and the location of the school not given. Liberals generally tend to embrace diversity and normally don't criticize those in minority groups for not conforming with the American way of doing things. 

I would endorse asking to avoid lunch items with a pervasive odor in a respectful way.  Otherwise, it's none of the teacher's business what her son eats.

Maybe the mom wouldn't have gotten so much grief if she had simply explained that it wasn't lunch, it was an emotional support animal.

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

But you know what disgusted the hell out of me? Every day, she would sit there and eat handfuls of dry Cheerios at her desk. That smell disgusted the hell out of me. (& Others)

Lol, my wife used to do that but stopped after her coworkers complained 

1 hour ago, squistion said:

How do we know this teacher is a liberal? She wasn't identified and the location of the school not given. Liberals generally tend to embrace diversity and normally don't criticize those in minority groups for not conforming with the American way of doing things. 

Classic liberal whining bltchy human. It comes with the label. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Microwaving things is different. I doubt this kid has access to a microwave. This is a kid eating celery sticks with cheese and not Cheez Whiz, but more, shall we say, sophisticated cheese. Kimchi, which is a popular Korean side/garnish and soggy Doritos. The most unhealthy thing in his lunch is the Doritos. 

Ima go out on a limb and say none of the other students gave a sh!t what this kid was eating. The smell bothered the teacher and she decided to be a khunt about it. 

• Like 1