Big Guy

NFL DRAFT 2023 ( official / unofficial thread )

Just now, GutterBoy said:

Barkley is not holding out.  He skipped voluntary workouts.  Big Difference

Okay I got bad info from one of the main sites and think it was CBS. Still he could be mentioned in possible trade.

6 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Packers will probably go TE at 15 

Safety is deep as F. I'll agree on WR, it's ok nothing special. There will be numerous LBs available at 15, and damn good ones. 

This is an amazing CB and O-Line draft, deep. 

Outside of Branch, who goes mid first, who else goes in the first?  Or even in the second?

LB?  Jack Campbell gonna make it in the first?  Maybe

O Line is deep, sure, but top level talet?  Skronski yes, but he might move to guard.  Paris Johnson mid rounder?

18 minutes ago, League Champion said:

A weak class at what position?? There's going to be studs available at 15

WR is weak.   Some scout in Bob Mcginns yearly draft kit said it is possibly the weakest class he has ever seen.  

S, OL, LBer are weak.  Im not sure about depth wise but DTs and general big men on the line are in short supply early compared to other years.  

I have heard from at least 2 or 3 people that they have heard many teams have like 17 1st round graded players.  Now it doesn't sound far off from the usual 20-24 but the consensus does seem to be that it is overall weak.   

TE is one of the better classes in recent memory.  Especially odd that we get a very strong TE clsss and a weak WR group in todays college game.   

RB is deep.  CB is fairly solid.  Edge rushers are solid.  

5 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Okay I got bad info from one of the main sites and think it was CBS. Still he could be mentioned in possible trade.

Giants do not want to trade Barkley.

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

WR is weak.   Some scout in Bob Mcginnis yearly draft kit said it is possibly the weakest class he has ever seen.  

S, OL, LBer are weak.  Im not sure about depth wise but DTs and general big men on the line are in short supply early compared to other years.  

I have heard from at least 2 or 3 people that they have heard many teams have like 17 1st round graded players.  Now it doesn't sound far off from the usual 20-24 but the consensus does seem to be that it is overall weak.   

TE is one of the better classes in recent memory.  Especially odd that we get a very strong TE clsss and a weak WR group in todays college game.   

RB is deep.  CB is fairly solid.  Edge rushers are solid.  

Sounds like a good idea for teams to trade top picks for next years pick. As for TE's I think that Notre Dame kid maybe special.

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Outside of Branch, who goes mid first, who else goes in the first?  Or even in the second?

LB?  Jack Campbell gonna make it in the first?  Maybe

O Line is deep, sure, but top level talet?  Skronski yes, but he might move to guard.  Paris Johnson mid rounder?

Antonio Johnson is projected 2nd to 3rd round.

Sanders and Simpson are 1st to 2nd.  Campbell is 2nd round.

Paris Johnson/Broderich Jones both 1st rounders with Skronski.

4 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Sounds like a good idea for teams to trade top picks for next years pick. As for TE's I think that Notre Dame kid maybe special.

It is tough with TEs.  We have seen how many seemingly safe refined TEs not pan out.  Or just sort of be mid level starter lifers.  Some of whom went to ND.  

Kelce Kittle Waller Mark Andrews all not high picks.  

It is also tough to take a rd 1 TE because of pay.  You are getting a bargain on the rookie contract.   Seems a bit of a waste to get that discount on such a low earning position.  

I like Mayer and seems like he should at least be decent.  But in a class is so deep I feel it is just better to get one in the 2nd or 3rd.  Washington from GA seems like a packers player.  Big ol fock. Athletic for his size.   And has untspped potential.  They need at least 2 TEs to fill out their room.  Laporta I like later.  Iowa's offense stinks.  I think he has skills and woukd benefit from being on a team that takes offense seriously.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Antonio Johnson is projected 2nd to 3rd round.

Sanders and Simpson are 1st to 2nd.  Campbell is 2nd round.

Paris Johnson/Broderich Jones both 1st rounders with Skronski.

I think the Steelers want Jones.

14 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

It is tough with TEs.  We have seen how many seemingly safe refined TEs not pan out.  Or just sort of be mid level starter lifers.  Some of whom went to ND.  

Kelce Kittle Waller Mark Andrews all not high picks.  

It is also tough to take a rd 1 TE because of pay.  You are getting a bargain on the rookie contract.   Seems a bit of a waste to get that discount on such a low earning position.  

I like Mayer and seems like he should at least be decent.  But in a class is so deep I feel it is just better to get one in the 2nd or 3rd.  Washington from GA seems like a packers player.  Big ol fock. Athletic for his size.   And has untspped potential.  They need at least 2 TEs to fill out their room.  Laporta I like later.  Iowa's offense stinks.  I think he has skills and woukd benefit from being on a team that takes offense seriously.  

Yea true and every team has been looking for the next Gronk for years now. I remember a few years back where a lot of te's went first rd and early 2nd and don't think many if any pan out. Yea I been reading that Washington is a freak athletic but more times they usually don't reach their potential. 

Just now, League Champion said:

They almost have to go O-line, don't they? He'd be a nice fit 

Yea either that or CB, I think they want to protect Kenny more so and think he is the pick if he last to 17.

Just now, BeenHereBefore said:

Yea true and every team has been looking for the next Gronk for years now. I remember a few years back where a lot of te's went first rd and early 2nd and don't think many if any pan out. Yea I been reading that Washington is a freak athletic but more times they usually don't reach their potential. 

He is definitely an in line TE that would hopefully develop in a great blocker and sneaky reciever.  

I wouldn't be that surprised if the Packers pick 2 TEs in the first 4 or even 3 rounds if they were to move back and accumulate another pick.  I could see them going an in line TE and a recieving TE.   WR and TE rooms both need multiple bodies.  They may br anticipating getting Corey Davis in thr Rodgers deal.  

10 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

He is definitely an in line TE that would hopefully develop in a great blocker and sneaky reciever.  

I wouldn't be that surprised if the Packers pick 2 TEs in the first 4 or even 3 rounds if they were to move back and accumulate another pick.  I could see them going an in line TE and a recieving TE.   WR and TE rooms both need multiple bodies.  They may br anticipating getting Corey Davis in thr Rodgers deal.  

That rookie wr looked pretty good last year well atleast in the redzone. Paring two te's with him wouldn't be a bad idea. Yea was also reading that Washington is a great blocker already.

7 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Giants do not want to trade Barkley.

7 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Well I don't blame them then.

Is Saquon gonna be there if/when NY is really good again? The Giants should look to trade Barkely now, load up on draft picks...........problem is, his trade value isn't what you think it is. 

* Barkley has an injury history.....not to say he's injury prone, but can't deny he has history of being sidelined. 

* He's 26, by the time NY is finally good - he'll be what, 29 at the earliest? 

* Saquon is an UFA in 2024. No GM in his right mind is pony'ing up real capital for a guy who will be free next year anyway AND who even if he does resign with his new team, is gonna cost them out the ass... If you haven't learned by now, you don't pay big money to resign RBs nearing 30. 

4 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Is Saquon gonna be there if/when NY is really good again? The Giants should look to trade Barkely now, load up on draft picks...........problem is, his trade value isn't what you think it is. 

* Barkley has an injury history.....not to say he's injury prone, but can't deny he has history of being sidelined. 

* Saquon is an UFA in 2024. No GM in his right mind is pony'ing up real capital for a guy who will be free next year anyway AND who even if he does resign with his new team, is gonna cost them out the ass... If you haven't learned by now, you don't pay big money to resign RBs nearing 30. 

I am anti RB.  But 3 years before giants are finally good? They made the playoffs and won a game last season?  What am I missing?

He's a RB. They grow on trees, especially in this deep draft 

I just said I was anti RB.  

The question is why he is saying they may be finally good 3 years from now.  They werent a contender last year but they made the playoffs and won a game.  Why will it take 3 more years to "finally be good"?

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

The question is why he is saying they may be finally good 3 years from now.  They werent a contender last year but they made the playoffs and won a game.  Why will it take 3 more years to "finally be good".

Agree but last year was kinda flukey, wouldn't you agree? They only won one game in their own division (NFC East) which proves they were overmatched. The Vikings were never any good and were primed for that playoff loss. 

I wouldn't franchise any RB, I don't care how good he is. Let him walk, grab a Tyjae Spears type on day 2 and worry about fixing your other issues. 

Agree but last year was kinda flukey, wouldn't you agree? They only won one game in their own division (NFC East) which proves they were overmatched. The Vikings were never any good and were primed for that playoff loss. 

I wouldn't franchise any RB, I don't care how good he is. Let him walk, grab a Tyjae Spears type on day 2 and worry about fixing your other issues. 

Im not saying they were great.  But it is the NFL.   It doesnt take long to turn it around.  And they already turned it around.  Yes they drafted QBs high but Jax and Cincy went from worst to 1st basically overnight.   

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

And they already turned it around.  Yes they drafted QBs high but Jax and Cincy went from worst to 1st basically overnight.   

To my point. Joe Burrow & Trevor Lawrence, #1 pick stud QBs and both teams have loaded rosters. 

The Giants have a below average roster, especially in the NFC East where Dallas & Philly are always stacked. 

They need to stop with Barkley and use that money to rebuild that roster, they are a turnstile on defense. 

To my point. Joe Burrow & Trevor Lawrence, #1 pick stud QBs and both teams have loaded rosters. 

The Giants have a below average roster, especially in the NFC East where Dallas & Philly are always stacked. 

They need to stop with Barkley and use that money to rebuild that roster, they are a turnstile on defense. 

Im not talking about barkley.  

Ok giants suck and it will take them 3 years to be any good gotcha.

I bet you had the Jags winning the division last year.   I bet you had them winning a playoff game last year too.  Lol.  Quit being goofy.  

So the Giants are basically the Texans in your eyes.  Gotcha.  

5 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Which is exactly why they aren't trading him.  Also they won a playoff game last year.  Not sure why they have to wait 3 more years to be good.

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Im not talking about barkley.  

Ok giants suck and it will take them 3 years to be any good gotcha.

I bet you had the Jags winning the division last year.   I bet you had them winning a playoff game last year too.  Lol.  Quit being goofy.  

So the Giants are basically the Texans in your eyes.  Gotcha.  

He's an eagles fan, plus he's dumb.

Which is exactly why they aren't trading him.  Also they won a playoff game last year.  Not sure why they have to wait 3 more years to be good.

STOP 🛑

They aren't competing with the Eagles or Cowboys anytime soon, that's just fact. 

AGAIN, they won EXACTLY 1 game in their own division last season. Their defense still sucks, they still have no WRs, the o-line is turnstile and Daniel Jones is a fraud. The Eagles and Cowboys aren't going anywhere 

He's an eagles fan, plus he's dumb.

I was just questioning an odd statement.   A tea. That won a playoff game needs 3 more yeara to have a chance at finally being good.  Don't get it.  Am I predicting thr Giants win a ring? No but I just don't understand the statement.   

If the GIants just caved to everyones expectations last season they would have sat on theit hands and finished last in the division.  

If the Giants have 3 years to finally be good then the Texans have 10.  

It is the NFL.  

7 minutes ago, League Champion said:

STOP 🛑

They aren't competing with the Eagles or Cowboys anytime soon, that's just fact. 

AGAIN, they won EXACTLY 1 game in their own division last season. Their defense still sucks, they still have no WRs, the o-line is turnstile and Daniel Jones is a fraud. The Eagles and Cowboys aren't going anywhere 

We're not playing last season.  We have a whole new season starting soon.  The giants will be competitive this season.  The eagles got worse this off-season, the cowboys did not improve, the giants did.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

The eagles got worse this off-season, the cowboys did not improve, the giants did.

WHAT?

THE Eagles had an excellent off season, one of the best. They also have 2 first round draft picks and just freed up $$$ for a potential Budda Baker signing. 

Don't compare Howie Roseman to The Giants GM. 

I need to get some division winner picks from LC to parlay.   Should I take all favorites? It is the NFL where nothing changes ya know.  The league isn't known for parity or anything.  

Seems simple.  Ill parlay all teams who won division last season.  

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

I need to get some division winner picks from LC to parlay

I can help. The G Men will be battling The Commanders for last place all season. 

RBs don't win Superbowls 

10 minutes ago, League Champion said:

I can help. The G Men will be battling The Commanders for last place all season. 

RBs don't win Superbowls 

I wasn't picking the giants to win the division.   

This has dove into a goofy argument.    All i was pointing out is the weird statement of saying a team that made the divisional round last year may finally be good 3 years from now.  We don't need to change the argument of if rhey will win a SB or if they will win the division this year.  They arent  a doormat.  It doesn't even take doormats 3 years to turn it around in thr NFL.  

That is all.  Nothing more nothing less.  

14 minutes ago, League Champion said:

WHAT?

THE Eagles had an excellent off season, one of the best. They also have 2 first round draft picks and just freed up $$$ for a potential Budda Baker signing. 

Don't compare Howie Roseman to The Giants GM. 

Eagles lost Hargrave, CGJ, Edwards, White, Dillard, sanders and others, plus both coordinators, plus they will have a first place schedule next year.  They're not winning 14 games or going to the SB next year.

9 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

first place schedule next year

That was 1980. They don't do that anymore. 

Dillard was a bust, CGJ had one offer in free agency, called Rosemans bluff and had to take less $$$, Hargrave is a non factor because how deep the Eagles are at D line. Miles Sanders sucks!!! He's a fumble machine 

NAKOBE DEAN over Edwards!! Hello 

Now look at their off season additions. 

STACKED AGAIN!!!! 

And let's not forget the #10 overall pick this season 

Although 1st place schedule in the NFC doesn't mean a ton.  You get the 9ers vikings and bucs.  Only 9ers are tough.  

93 it's Let's agree to disagree. 

I don't get the Giants love, they didn't have any Uber impressive wins. Beating Minnesota was hardly impressive. The Vikings sucked and everyone knew that was coming. 

I see a very average roster, a meathead coach who will wear on players, a TERRIBLE front office. 

Giants lost all three games to Philly by an average of 21 points but they closed the gap. They’ll probably lose both by an average of 14 points this year. Progress!

• Sad 1

Just now, MDC said:

Giants lost all three games to Philly by an average of 21 points but they closed the gap. They’ll probably lose both by an average of 14 points this year. Progress!

You're assuming that the Eagles and Cowboys regress and the Giants get better. I just don't see that happening.

The Eagles are not winning 14 games again but they should certainly win the division. Are the Giants a better team than the Cowboys? I don't see it. 

11 minutes ago, League Champion said:

93 it's Let's agree to disagree. 

I don't get the Giants love, they didn't have any Uber impressive wins. Beating Minnesota was hardly impressive. The Vikings sucked and everyone knew that was coming. 

I see a very average roster, a meathead coach who will wear on players, a TERRIBLE front office. 

Im not loving them.  Im questioning the idea that it will take 3 years to become good after they just were in thr division round last year with a 1st year HC.  

I don't think they amazing.  But that is just a weird statement to make.  I don't think i am being that ridiculous here.  Again this has evolved into a ticky tack argument.  

We have different definitions of good.  They may miss playoffs this year.  Who knows.  Tough to miss playoffs in NFC right now.  

I wouldn't pay Barkley.   But it has nothing to do with a fictional timeline of they wont be good for years so why bother with Barkley.  It is quite simple.  He is a RB.  I wouldn't pay any RB.