Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

NCAA Hoops '23-'24

Nebraska down 19 at one point, take the lead late and then it was tied, goes to OT. Huskers win 80 - 72 over #6 ranked Wisconsin.

Fans stormed the court, just as they did earlier in the year when the Huskers defeated #1 Purdue. 

Record is now 16 - 6

8 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Nebraska down 19 at one point, take the lead late and then it was tied, goes to OT. Huskers win 80 - 72 over #6 ranked Wisconsin.

Fans stormed the court, just as they did earlier in the year when the Huskers defeated #1 Purdue. 

Record is now 16 - 6

They showed a stat during that game which makes the comeback even more crazy. Wisconsin was 120-0 when leading by 15 or more at the half. It was a 16 point lead. Nebraska was something like 1-60 when trailing by more then 15 at half. 

• Like 1

Nebraska played hard in the second half.  They shut down Steven Crowl.  Now Bucky is on the precipice of going 0 for the week and plummeting in the rankings.  That's life in the Big Ten.

big day :headbanger:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cmh6476 said:

big day :headbanger:

Yeah, we’re not quite sure who to root for with you two. Beaten both of you, but we have to play Houston again and not you guys.

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah, we’re not quite sure who to root for with you two. Beaten both of you, but we have to play Houston again and not you guys.

I typically don't worry about it until the end of the year.  Just play your games and win ;)

Good start

That's some secksy basketball :banana:

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

That's some secksy basketball :banana:

Kansass is moping the floor with them.

6 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Kansass is moping the floor with them.

Sorry about your dog :(

Not often do you get back to back to back to 10 matchups in early February.   I'm really looking forward to the Baylor/ ISU game tonight. 

Refs doing all they can to hand this game to the cyclones

Holy fock what a finish in waco

Baylor needs a new clock operator

12 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Holy fock what a finish in waco

Pain.

we really didn’t deserve to win that game anyway. Never felt like we were better last night and my God we couldn’t make free throws.

Being an IU fan has been pretty meh for a while now but, now it's just depressing. IU games have been appointment TV all my life now, I'm no longer scheduling my days around making sure I'm in front of a TV when they play.

Just downright awful basketball, no heart, can't shoot, low basketball IQ play. 

10 hours ago, Reality said:

Being an IU fan has been pretty meh for a while now but, now it's just depressing. IU games have been appointment TV all my life now, I'm no longer scheduling my days around making sure I'm in front of a TV when they play.

Just downright awful basketball, no heart, can't shoot, low basketball IQ play. 

That is a shame because that is a program when they are good it’s a really good for college basketball.

40 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

That is a shame because that is a program when they are good it’s a really good for college basketball.

Ok but Indiana is not the basketball capitol of the world

17 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Ok but Indiana is not the basketball capitol of the world

Lol well unfortunately I think it resides in a little place in Connecticut. I’m not sure if anybody’s beating them this year either.

33 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Lol well unfortunately I think it resides in a little place in Connecticut. I’m not sure if anybody’s beating them this year either.

Already did. 

At home. Don’t get me wrong. Kansas is good but I still feel like you guys are just about a player short. But Bill could certainly do it no question.

I don’t see Purdue or North Carolina, not choking

15 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

At home. Don’t get me wrong. Kansas is good but I still feel like you guys are just about a player short. But Bill could certainly do it no question.

I don’t see Purdue or North Carolina, not choking

Different team since Furphy starting has made the team look stronger but still lacks depth.   But against the top competition (uconn, Kentucky, Baylor...) is when ku has looked its best. 

I'm headed to AFH for the Baylor game Saturday :cheers:

43 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Different team since Furphy starting has made the team look stronger but still lacks depth.   But against the top competition (uconn, Kentucky, Baylor...) is when ku has looked its best. 

I'm headed to AFH for the Baylor game Saturday :cheers:

Stephon Castle didn't play for UConn that night either.  A freshman like Furphy, he's averaging 10.9 ppg, 4.6 rpg, and 3.3 apg, in the 16 games he's played... all of those are better numbers than Furphy.

55 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Stephon Castle didn't play for UConn that night either.  A freshman like Furphy, he's averaging 10.9 ppg, 4.6 rpg, and 3.3 apg, in the 16 games he's played... all of those are better numbers than Furphy.

Over furphy's last six games?

Johnny Furphy won't be at Kansas next year if he keeps playing like this.   He'll be playing in the league. 

Big Monday about to commence in the little apple

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Big Monday about to commence in the little apple

Solid first half. Definitely feel like you guys are better, but you’re leading in every stat and they are only down two

52 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Solid first half. Definitely feel like you guys are better, but you’re leading in every stat and they are only down two

me no likey

me likey that :banana:

K-State has played a really solid game

9 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

K-State has played a really solid game

Yeah, was just surprising because they’ve looked like ass for about the last two weeks. They tried to give it back to you guys at the end though. This league is impossible

2 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah, was just surprising because they’ve looked like ass for about the last two weeks. They tried to give it back to you guys at the end though. This league is impossible

I can't wait for this conference tournament.  Come down, let's have some beers.

4 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I can't wait for this conference tournament.  Come down, let's have some beers.

Yeah, I’m thinking about it. Man that first day is the best. Just going to be a bloodbath

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah, I’m thinking about it. Man that first day is the best. Just going to be a bloodbath

14v11 and 12v13? :blink:

7 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

14v11 and 12v13? :blink:

First full day obvs. 

You may not want me to come. Ive been to 5 big 12 tourneys and we won 5 of them. Ha

14 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Over furphy's last six games?

Last 6...

Furphy: 13.8 ppg / 7.0 rpg / 1.3 apg

Castle: 13 ppg / 4.3 rpg / 2.5 apg

Just pointing out that Furphy's absence wasn't as big a deal that you make it out to be, considering that Castle wasn't playing in that game either and puts up similar numbers.