Blue Horseshoe

The Official "Political Tweets That Have Aged Horribly" Thread

I don't get the show.

They show up and lie ... we show up knowing they will lie - yet show up anyway.

They know they can lie and we don't do an effing thing about it.

2 minutes ago, Blue Horseshoe said:

If they truly offend you, I would highly recommend that you never watch a Monty Python movie.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Flipper said:

I don't get the show.

They show up and lie ... we show up knowing they will lie - yet show up anyway.

They know they can lie and we don't do an effing thing about it.

It's a fair point you make. 

If you are discussion Congressional hearings, then even if the people involved and being questioned are lying, it's good to expose that to the public sphere. 

The political "establishment" thrives on "low information voters"  The average American knows very little about national politics and local politics except for a few snippets here and there. Most are working class people who are embattled to just survive day to day life with their basic material needs at constant risk. 

The answer is two fold IMHO - 

1) More Democracy - The application of democratic processes will always prevail. The Party that delivers wins for working class people and makes their lives better will have people who WANT to come out and vote for them. You win lots of elections, then you have the majorities you need to push forward towards public policy you believe will make effective changes

2) The only pathway to the first above is to create more "High Information Voters" -  The more practical information, the better. If you have more Americans making actual informed decisions, then you'll see more effective political activism. The political "elite" don't have the numbers to fight the masses. It's the one true advantage of the common every day person. Fighting the informed working class who are enraged about tyranny against them is like trying to fight the tide 

"High Information Voters" happens when there is a consistent process towards raising the level of discussion at all times. I don't just talk about it, I do it. People can like or not like what I post, but it's not cheap, and it's geared towards constantly bringing up big questions and critical issues. 

You don't need people to agree with you, but if you provoke thought in them, they will being to ask hard questions themselves. If they keep asking them, one day they might begin to see your perspective. 

We must always keep the faith. 

Any mention of these good samaritan laws?

So - go to jail for doing something or go to jail for doing nothing.

"Moore is not the only Democrat to fight to keep books about Critical Race Theory in schools. But his choice of word “castrating” was ironic, given that as a candidate for governor he supported the passage of the Trans Health Equity Act, which promoted “gender-affirming” health care — potentially including chemical and surgical castration.

....In September 2022, World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) chose to remove age requirements for gender-affirming treatment and surgery, which can include chemical and surgical castration. A draft version of WPATH’s guidelines recommended some sexual reassignment surgeries could start at age 15...."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/dem-gov-who-compared-banning-books-to-castrating-children-signed-bill-that-literally-allows-castration-of-kids